E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > m3 e92 with ap racing brake

01-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
yusammyyu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw M3 coupe

m3 e92 with ap racing brake

I installed Ap racing brake kit before track day, it works perfectly on the track, but I found noise problem after track.

I totally understand and accept the brake pad will squeal when I slightly brake it under low speed , but now the problem is , after I make complete stop, release brake and start moving, I can feel the front pad still rub the roter make the entire car under high frequency vibration, the vibration feels exactly like the noises when you push a table on a concrete surface.

Usually the vibration will goes away when the speed is over 10 mph (keep wheel straight) , and will come out when I make turns around 25-30 mph after brake(on the ramp to exit freeway or make turns at intersection) .

Any one has experience on this?? is this normal??
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

Sounds like something is binding up, I'd check the pads where they contact the caliper, away from the piston. Maybe something needs some grease
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
Sounds like something is binding up, I'd check the pads where they contact the caliper, away from the piston. Maybe something needs some grease
Fifteen years ago or so I had to copper grease my first car's brakes once a month or I got the brake binding like you, same thing. Fiat Uno though so hopefully yours doesn't need such regular TLC
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
JHodgman
Registered
Rep
Drives: Various

What pad material are you using?
Appreciate 0