E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > BMW of Fremont

01-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #45
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Dude, why do you keep returning to places that have done you wrong?
+1
      01-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #46
jay spec
Rep
Drives: a 7-seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post

i heard weatherford is pretty bad.
sucks to hear....guess peter pan and east bay are my only options then. anyone know if east bay gives you bmw loaners for same day/next day type services?

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #47
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Dude, why do you keep returning to places that have done you wrong?
no this time, I just spoke with Jeff Johnston & Tony my SA about the problem beforehand & they said they would take a look at it no charge.

I called Peter Pan, they said since they didn't take off the wheels during my service, they had no access to it, that I would be charged a $80.00 inspection fee while BMWSF has agreed to inspect it for me for free.

I would be right there watching as they take off the wheels & perform the inspection.
      01-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #48
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

So price is the answer?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #49
shragon
No_Country
Rep

inspection fee? wtf? just complain that it's squeaking and they should check it for free since it's under warranty!
      01-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #50
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So price is the answer?
Well charging me for an inspection for a problem that they may have caused is BS. That and the inconvenience of heading out to SM...they do not provide loaners & rentals are not free. I was fortunate enough to have Baby Alex & Alex help me out last time with rides but I know it's a burden.

The reason why I'm giving BMWSF another try is because I spoke with both Jeff & Tony on the phone today, reassuring me that they will take care of whatever the problem is with no hassle, no charge, nothing. I told Tony I have much more than aftermarket fog lights this time...he just laughed & told me not to worry about it.

So tomorrow, dropping the car off at 7, Tony told me he'll be there to greet me & I'll be provided with a rental.

Remember, I'm the guy that rarely had problems with BMWSF...with the exception of my last visit. I hope I get that lucky streak back...

Quote:
inspection fee? wtf? just complain that it's squeaking and they should check it for free since it's under warranty!
I did, they told me because of my aftermarket wheel's that they never took off, I would be liable for inspection charges. I told BMWSF the same case, they said no worries, they will take a look at it for me no problem. So to that.
      01-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #51
shragon
No_Country
Rep

sales related story at peter pan... i walked out on the sales guy there.

i told him up front i was shopping for a new car. they had a car there that met my configuration at the time. i told him i was not looking to buy that day and just wanted an ballpark estimate on how much i was going to pay. anyway, he had me go to his office to do the pricing. he came back with a good price which was about $1000 above invoice. i said ok, let me go think about and i'll let you know. he kept hassling me and asked why i was not ready to buy right there and then. i told him again, that i was not ready to buy at that time just as i had said up front when i first met him. he got all pissed off since i guess i was wasting his time. again he asked why i was not ready to make a deal at that time. kept asking if that was still too high etc. i said, no, it's actually pretty good but i'm just not ready to commit at that time but would contact him when i'm done thinking things over. again, he was in a rage. at that point i decided enough is enough, said good bye, and left. even if he provided me with the best deal, i would not go back to him with that lousy attitude. i was a prospective customer but i guess he was not making his quota or something.

anyway, i heard from ben and elaine that chinese guy in sales there is really cool. i believe his name is victor iirc.
      01-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #52
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
who was your SA? ive had good and bad experiences. When they did fuck up they fixed the problem right away. everytime i got a loaner it was a 328 i duno why but i think you got a rental?
      01-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #53
Ray
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Well charging me for an inspection for a problem that they may have caused is BS. That and the inconvenience of heading out to SM...they do not provide loaners & rentals are not free. I was fortunate enough to have Baby Alex & Alex help me out last time with rides but I know it's a burden.

The reason why I'm giving BMWSF another try is because I spoke with both Jeff & Tony on the phone today, reassuring me that they will take care of whatever the problem is with no hassle, no charge, nothing. I told Tony I have much more than aftermarket fog lights this time...he just laughed & told me not to worry about it.

So tomorrow, dropping the car off at 7, Tony told me he'll be there to greet me & I'll be provided with a rental.

Remember, I'm the guy that rarely had problems with BMWSF...with the exception of my last visit. I hope I get that lucky streak back...
Gotcha
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #54
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sales related story at peter pan... i walked out on the sales guy there.

i told him up front i was shopping for a new car. they had a car there that met my configuration at the time. i told him i was not looking to buy that day and just wanted an ballpark estimate on how much i was going to pay. anyway, he had me go to his office to do the pricing. he came back with a good price which was about $1000 above invoice. i said ok, let me go think about and i'll let you know. he kept hassling me and asked why i was not ready to buy right there and then. i told him again, that i was not ready to buy at that time just as i had said up front when i first met him. he got all pissed off since i guess i was wasting his time. again he asked why i was not ready to make a deal at that time. kept asking if that was still too high etc. i said, no, it's actually pretty good but i'm just not ready to commit at that time but would contact him when i'm done thinking things over. again, he was in a rage. at that point i decided enough is enough, said good bye, and left. even if he provided me with the best deal, i would not go back to him with that lousy attitude. i was a prospective customer but i guess he was not making his quota or something.

anyway, i heard from ben and elaine that chinese guy in sales there is really cool. i believe his name is victor irrc.
haha yeah, I remember you telling that story once. Sucks man...I guess there's always the good & bad in every dealership.

I had a Chinese guy for my SA...Stanley. He was pretty chill except that he wouldn't update my software but wanted to charge me $200.00 for it. Gave me the old..."If it were up to me I would do it but BMW knows when we do it & you need a very good legitimate reason, however we can do it for $200 bucks"

haha...
      01-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #55
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha
Remember they jacked my school parking permit? hahaha shiiiiiiiiiit, some guy that works in service knows you too.
      01-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #56
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
haha yeah, I remember you telling that story once. Sucks man...I guess there's always the good & bad in every dealership.

I had a Chinese guy for my SA...Stanley. He was pretty chill except that he wouldn't update my software but wanted to charge me $200.00 for it. Gave me the old..."If it were up to me I would do it but BMW knows when we do it & you need a very good legitimate reason, however we can do it for $200 bucks"

haha...
wasn't there some thread about bmwna coming down on dealers for not updating the cars software?
      01-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #57
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
wasn't there some thread about bmwna coming down on dealers for not updating the cars software?
I don't know but what's funny is my car doesn't have jack! No Nav, power seating, extra things that require updating & memory.

I just wanted the lights to be upgraded to the current version, where the trunk light would come on along with door handles when unlocked. Pretty sure this is the solution to HID fog errors for the 06/07 models of E90/E92.
      01-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #58
shragon
No_Country
Rep

well the car's firmware could always be updated.
      01-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #59
Ray
Rep

Quote:
Remember they jacked my school parking permit? hahaha shiiiiiiiiiit, some guy that works in service knows you too.
my friend took it???

If so, would you like me to call him out on it?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #60
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
I haven't had problems with BMW SF although I only went in there to have a bubbled tire replaced. Talked to Jeff Johnston there, he asked me to e-mail him a pic, and he replaced it under warranty with 2000+ miles on the tire. I bought my car there so they probably hooked me up a little.
      01-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #61
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my friend took it???

If so, would you like me to call him out on it?
no not your friend, somebody within the service department!!!

Your friend drove my car out when it was ready for pickup, seemed like a cool guy.
      01-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #62
shragon
No_Country
Rep

i stole it and sold it on craigslist.
      01-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #63
Ray
Rep

Quote:
no not your friend, somebody within the service department!!!

Your friend drove my car out when it was ready for pickup, seemed like a cool guy.
Shui?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 04:26 AM   #64
Oksi123
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

academic writing

I struggled with academic writing for a long time. But then I found the best essay writing service. Now, I just order my papers online and everything turns out fine.
Appreciate 0