E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Eisenmann Exhaust System(s) Q...

11-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
jbuds335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi Manual, Jet Black, Black

Eisenmann Exhaust System(s) Q...

After looking and doing some searches it seems like Eisenmann offers several different exhausts (Sport, Race, Meisterschaft?) Can someone please clarify all these silly german words and maybe let me know the difference between them?

Also, it doesn't seem like anyone has any actual dynos for this exhaust system, even though a lot of people seem to have it. I'll continue to search but if someone knows a quick link plz help me out. The exhaust sounds great and I am definitely looking to possibly buy, but need a little more clarification/information.

Modded.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

they claim 6-7 percent gains for meisterschaft....do a search there is tons of info just make sure you spell correctly and all the info is online...what you think your the first to ask this question...they make exhaust for Mclaren, rieger, Porsche, AMG, Brabus, they are top of the line...no dyno numbers that i have seen.. i am picking up a meisterschaft with sections 1and 2 in the spring i can't wait...just waiting till the winter passes...my winter mod is a Limited Slip Diff from birds....i can't wait for the quaife
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Ryan from eisenhaus has posted the answer to this many times, but here is the cliffnotes version without all of the details...

Sport... the most tame eisenmann system, last I checked no one had it yet so there isn't much info other than what eisenhaus has stated
Meisterschaft... louder than the Sport, sounds great at WOT, little to no drone, quieter down low in the rev range
Race... loudest, sounds really aggressive at WOT, but blows when cruising since it drones a decent amount

As far as dyno's go, you are making most of your power by deleting the secondary cats, and with an eisenmann system you will need to order SR pipes to replace the entire exhaust system back to the downpipes (this will also make it a little louder, which may be a good or bad thing depending on what you like). So basically, you should order an exhaust for the SOUND that you will either enjoy or hate everyday when you drive your car, not the 10, 15, or whatever whp they are claiming since most exhausts will flow better and offer some level of improvement over the stock system.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Meisterschaft is also special order only.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Meisterschaft is also special order only.
I have seen some vendors have them in stock, but now I think there is only one vendor (IND) who has the right to the 2x90mm meisterschaft, which is why its no longer on the eisenhaus website. Everyone carries the quad version though, but its usually not in stock.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
I have seen some vendors have them in stock, but now I think there is only one vendor (IND) who has the right to the 2x90mm meisterschaft, which is why its no longer on the eisenhaus website. Everyone carries the quad version though, but its usually not in stock.
Well, Tony@IND returned my PM stating that Eisenhaus is out of stock on the Meisterschaft and it will be special order only from Germany. Tony also said it would take 6-8 weeks to come in.

Who did you see had it in stock?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

We will have a video available of the Eisenhaus 335 equipped with the Eisenmann Sport exhaust within the next week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man
Well, Tony@IND returned my PM stating that Eisenhaus is out of stock on the Meisterschaft and it will be special order only from Germany. Tony also said it would take 6-8 weeks to come in.
This is correct. Thank you sir.
      11-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #8
jbuds335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Is the availability roughly the same for the Sport exhaust? (S/R pipes come with the exhaust package if purchased i assume...??)

This sounds like another great product but with rediculous availability issues. Given my 6-year-old attention span I may go with another setup.

Modded.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuds335xi View Post
Is the availability roughly the same for the Sport exhaust? (S/R pipes come with the exhaust package if purchased i assume...??)

This sounds like another great product but with rediculous availability issues. Given my 6-year-old attention span I may go with another setup.
We will have the Eisenmann Sport Performance in stock this week in 2x90 and 2x102mm tips. The S/R cat-back pipes are in stock right now.
      11-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I have the race, rear section only on my sedan.

Being all the way here in Aus I did not have the ability to listen to the sounds in person, and IMHO the videos' of people driving past are okay but I'd rather have a video from inside the car under cruise and WOT as that is where you tend to hear it.

Now the vendor indicated to me that the order of 'noise' was Sport (quietest), Race (medium loud) and Meisterschaft (loudest). Subsequently I am now aware that the race is the loudest .... bugger as I wanted something louder than stock but not excessive!!

Installation went well after a screw up with vendor and overseas shipment and when I first heard it from outside of the car (the installer delivered the car back to me) it sounded awesome. Inside it was 'damn loud' under WOT.

It has since matured (2000 km) and the noise level has evened out & still is getting better over time. There is drone between 2200 & 2800 RPM but it's not unbearable. It is vastly different from stock though. Sounds awesome with the windows down & turns heads if you go WOT around people on the street.

Fuel economy has improved, maybe a function of better breathing but probably also a bit less throttle since you don't need to push it so hard to get a decent sound.

No dyno yet, want to wait until my V2 arrives.

I have the 2x102mm tips, I am going to look at changing these to something more stock (or maybe even using my stock tips) as I find the car isn't such a sleeper now & every other WRX or STI with 25 inch drain pipes installed is wanting to have a run.

Just my 2c worth.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #11
jbuds335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for your input WOPALX!

Palella, I take it no quad tips in stock?

Modded.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #12
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post

Who did you see had it in stock?
Haha... Tony had it in stock 2 weeks ago.

Appreciate 0