E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu, When can we expect to see the Procede "economy " model?

03-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Vishnu, When can we expect to see the Procede "economy " model?

Many of us don't need all the programmable bells and whistles that come with the original Procede. In your previous posts, you mentioned something about a less sophisticated model. I think that would appeal to quite a few. Plus it would be nice to see how both the original and economy versions compare to the Eurobahn boost controller on the same dyno USING THE SAME CAR.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
Many of us don't need all the programmable bells and whistles that come with the original Procede. In your previous posts, you mentioned something about a less sophisticated model. I think that would appeal to quite a few. Plus it would be nice to see how both the original and economy versions compare to the Eurobahn boost controller on the same dyno USING THE SAME CAR.
Howdy,
So far, we've only received a couple of requests for a lower frills version of the PROcede. But FWIW, we'll be doing a PROcede application on a new Mini soon using a simpler version which we may eventually offer to BMWs if there is enough interest. But so far, there hasn't been. But even the simpler version will offer boost, fuel and timing adjustments just like our regular PROcede. We have never and will never offer an engine conrol system that does not adjust fuel and timing curves. Raising the boost with no active spark retard or fuel enrichment is not tuning. It is a recipe for disaster regardless on how the car feels on the road or how much or how little power it makes on the dyno.

Relying on the factory knock control system to keep your engine from detonating itself to death isn't the greatest of ideas. Not to mention how much hotter things run with more boost, less timing and same fuel. Basic tuning 101.

Shiv
Still in Georgia

Last edited by OpenFlash; 03-18-2007 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
2009BMW335
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
another question. do you plan on raising the price of the procede in the near future?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome View Post
another question. do you plan on raising the price of the procede in the near future?
Yes, that is the plan. The price raise will be accompanied by a few new features that we've been beta testing for the last few weeks. All of which previous owners can enjoy by simply updating their PROcedes at home with laptops.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

You know why I like Vishnu? Because they don't leave their customers in the dust.

Thanks.

I think I have one week left before my PROcede gets shipped.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
You know why I like Vishnu? Because they don't leave their customers in the dust.

Thanks.

I think I have one week left before my PROcede gets shipped.
Are you going to sign up for the Puget Sound area Procede install? We need a few more.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #7
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

price increase?? damn...
      03-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
Borti
Borti
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
price increase?? damn...

It's the natural progression considering it applies to an updated Procede system. Since their are updated maps, it only makes sense to raise the price. More features = higher price. R&D cost must be taken into account and applied to unit price as well as others in order to make a profit.

Believe me, I wish I could put Vishnu stickers on my car and have the Procede handed over, but that just isn't going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnt
Drivers over here get their license with MT. Most cars have MT, and all of my friends can drive MT. My chick had an auto once and she sold it in less than a year because she didn't like it. The only replacement to MT for me would be shifters in the steering wheel (ala F1)! Still MT but no clutch.
I don't drink,smoke,eat in my car, ever. And I don't hold the hand of my GF of her thigh or anything else unless there is traffic or stoped in a traffic light. When the car moves, I'm meant to drive it both hands... and god I do it with pleasure

Kudos!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borti View Post
It's the natural progression considering it applies to an updated Procede system. Since their are updated maps, it only makes sense to raise the price. More features = higher price. R&D cost must be taken into account and applied to unit price as well as others in order to make a profit.

Believe me, I wish I could put Vishnu stickers on my car and have the Procede handed over, but that just isn't going to happen.
Holy cow, who needs inflation when we've got you.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
Borti
Borti
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post

I know you want your free lunch, but business's have to make money. According to your philosophy, Vishnu should develop a more advanced product at a GREATER cost to their business and not transfer any of these costs to their customers. That is ludicrous.

Is their a fine line between overpriced and proper cost accounting? Absolutely, but to suggest that Vishnu should not raise their price to take into account the extra tuning/ additional time spent refining their product is a bit silly. I also realize that price is a subjective thing, as one man's Procede is worth more or less then another's man's (with respect to their income, monthly expenditures, and their personal value of all of that power gained).

It is respectable and your responsbility to make sure, as a consumer, you do not get ripped off. So if the Procede is too much, don't buy it. As a consumer, that is the most powerful impact you can make. My distinction here is that if you feel that ALL price increases are a direct attack on the consumer, AND, that they are all unwarranted, then THAT is a mistaken belief. This is not taking into account inflation, however, as that is a seperate issue altogether and irrelevant to the topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnt
Drivers over here get their license with MT. Most cars have MT, and all of my friends can drive MT. My chick had an auto once and she sold it in less than a year because she didn't like it. The only replacement to MT for me would be shifters in the steering wheel (ala F1)! Still MT but no clutch.
I don't drink,smoke,eat in my car, ever. And I don't hold the hand of my GF of her thigh or anything else unless there is traffic or stoped in a traffic light. When the car moves, I'm meant to drive it both hands... and god I do it with pleasure

Kudos!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
lol
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borti View Post

I know you want your free lunch, but business's have to make money. According to your philosophy, Vishnu should develop a more advanced product at a GREATER cost to their business and not transfer any of these costs to their customers. That is ludicrous.

Is their a fine line between overpriced and proper cost accounting? Absolutely, but to suggest that Vishnu should not raise their price to take into account the extra tuning/ additional time spent refining their product is a bit silly. I also realize that price is a subjective thing, as one man's Procede is worth more or less then another's man's (with respect to their income, monthly expenditures, and their personal value of all of that power gained).

It is respectable and your responsbility to make sure, as a consumer, you do not get ripped off. So if the Procede is too much, don't buy it. As a consumer, that is the most powerful impact you can make. My distinction here is that if you feel that ALL price increases are a direct attack on the consumer, AND, that they are all unwarranted, then THAT is a mistaken belief. This is not taking into account inflation, however, as that is a seperate issue altogether and irrelevant to the topic.

Haha, I was just having a little fun at your expense.

I think I understand a little bit about business. I've had my own in one form or another for over 30 years. But thanks for the explanation.

At least Shiv gave me a courtesy laugh. Comedy club here I come.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

I never answer the questions from the lawyers without my lawyer present
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #14
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I never answer the questions from the lawyers without my lawyer present
Is there a lawyer on this board?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #15
qmup508
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325ci

shiv@vishnu how much are the procede going for now on the 335i coupe
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 08:12 PM   #16
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmup508 View Post
http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_zero.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #17
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmup508 View Post

Dirt cheap: $13 per lb/ft of torque.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #18
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
Nice perspective to the pricing, WilyB. Of course, I would like it to be cheaper, but at its current price, I still found it justifiable to order. BMWs are not nearly as close to a common commodity as a Ford. I got an LSD for $300 and a tune for $300 for my old Crown Vic. It was so cool to have a "Cop" car that could lay down double stripes.

Great, now I'm nostalgic.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #19
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
The PROcede is a real PC board, upgradable by the end users (us) with many exciting features coming up soon.

$1,300 is a very attractive price point for +100 TQ, +54 HP (in my case: 391 RWTQ, 333 RWHP).
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #20
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yes, that is the plan.
Is that your way of getting us to pre-order now before the price goes up? Well, works for me. Im placing my order now then.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #21
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Yeah any idea on what the upcoming price bump may be? I was going to at least wait until I had my car and broke it in, but if it is going up hundreds, it may make sense to get it sooner.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #22
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Hi Shiv

Shiv,

I'm your "apprentice" from the DC area dyno day, the guy who kept pestering you about either a simpler Procede, or at least a more conservative tune on the existing one.

Since you've answered the first one, how about the more conservative map? (I don't have the car yet, but could buy the Procede preemptively before the price increase should such a map be available).

Many thanks for your patience! :rocks:
Appreciate 0