E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - Changing Halogen Low Beam Headlights

04-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #67
BVM10
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Thumbs up Having trouble! Please help!

My right head light was would turn on then flicker and turn off. I took it to dealership, they charged me 200 for labor just to tell me that the bulbs was about to go. They tried charging me 280 USD for one bulb. I said No thank you, and bought them online for 125 USD. They are Phillips 6000k xeonon. I replaced them today an they won't turn on. I tried putting the olds one back on to check connection and the one that was just working, would not work after I tried putting it back in! Is there something I need to reset in the fuse box or what could be wrong?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #68
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335i

I did this quite a while ago and am very pleased, but can anyone help me out on how to do the day time running lights?
      07-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #69
Spy021
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Jet Blk/Blk/6mt

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Just replaced mine today. The connector is a PITA to get off, but great instructions! I'd just like to add "dont drop the square cap down the opening otherwise you have to take out the air box to retrieve it, lol." Anyhow, thanks again for the write up!
      09-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #70
termikaustin_84
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze View Post
I did this quite a while ago and am very pleased, but can anyone help me out on how to do the day time running lights?

Hey,
I also had a blown daytime runing buld, its only a tiny buld kind of an LEB buld. The way to remove this bulb is from the engine bay. You need good lighting. There is a similar Square cap next to the low beam with clamp, relase the clamp and the square thing will pop out, Be careful not to drop it in the compartment else alike many said you will need to open the bumper.

then reach your hand from the engine bay to the top of the light houseing and you can see a wire attached to the bul just pull it out and so there you are with the tiny buls, just replace and fix the Aquare thing back, fixing back is hard and you may need to go through the Wheel arch to put it back.

Not sure if have already done it. I will need to change mine to LED bulbs.
Made in Germany
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #71
realitystore2211
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325xi wagon

where to buy this socket?

Hello everyone,

I've had problems with the right low beam. It keeps blowing more than 4 times in 3 months. The socket (see the pic) has melted and there is no way I can have it connected to the light bulb.

I guess my questions are:

1. What's possible causes of this issue?
2. Do I need to replace the whole headlight assembly? or just replace the socket?
3. Where can I find the socket? (I bought one from a local auto store for H7, but it does not fit). Please help me with the part number.

thanks!

Note: the pic is borrowed from the original post. plz let me know if it needs to be removed. or thanks for the pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #72
coco savage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW made them

using the back of a key to get the flap off....genius! Stupid plastic haha. While this isnt my first time changing bulbs that key trick Def helped!

One thing...after i clipped the bulb back into place...it felt loose. that normal?
      02-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #73
coupegt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 328xi

black plug electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by balgopi View Post
I, for the life of me, CANNOT get the black plug off the bulb. I have tried my fingers and also PLIERS (lol), but it wont come off. I dont want to continue using pliers as Im afraid the surface of the plug has become rigid now and I dont want to further damage it.

Any tips other than pull harder?

When I pull hard, the bulb comes out and then I have to replace the metal harness and start over.

Same here, I spent 20 min today trying to take the black plug off, it doesnt want to come out ..... HELP
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 04:16 AM   #74
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupegt View Post
Same here, I spent 20 min today trying to take the black plug off, it doesnt want to come out ..... HELP
Umm... I'm one year late... but just fyi (and for others that are planning to replace their bulbs), here is one way to get the plug off.

First I tried pulling and twisting but couldn't get it off either.

Then I decided to remove the wire clip first - easiest way to do this will be to squeeze the two bottom legs and the clip will be released. Then, unhook the top, and remove the clip, wrapping it around the plug and wires (careful to not let it fall). After that, it's very easy to grab the base of the bulb with one hand, and grab the plug with the other hand, and just wiggle the plug loose. Takes about 15 seconds in total
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #75
sportrider3000
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2010 328I SEDAN  [7.00]
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
I dropped the back wire clip that holds the bulb in place on my drivers side

Getting to it in the bottom of the bumper seems to be more a hassle than just getting a new one. I looked for it the other day and I think it actually fell out, so now I need to get a new wire clip.

Anyone know the part # on this?

Same happened to me..."Lost the wire clip" I don't see any responses about the part #? I went to the dealership and they can't find it either...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 01:12 PM   #76
2007Frank328i
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Awesome detailed instruction. Left head light went out yesterday. Gonna replace both sides today. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 01:18 PM   #77
2007Frank328i
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Awesome detailed instruction. Gotta replace mine today. Thanks.
Appreciate 0