E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > ASIANS!!!

06-18-2006, 02:57 AM   #67
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

lol. yes.

but in england, asians usually means "indians." "orientals" is actually considered derogatory. Maybe one can say "East Asians" and "South Asians"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike
is india a part of asia right?, but now when we talk of asians it means the orientals which i think is the real asians., indian and pakistanis etc look more like middle easterns.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 03:22 AM   #68
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

if we stop and think about it, a V6 camry/accord runs for about 26-27k now. Why not just get a BMW instead??

now back to the topic- ...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 08:28 PM   #69
Agni
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M Gran Coupe

Garage List
2009 335xi  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike
is india a part of asia right?, but now when we talk of asians it means the orientals which i think is the real asians., indian and pakistanis etc look more like middle easterns.
yep but they(indians) are genetically more related to Aryan race(europeans) than Middle Easterners.

And Indians are usually refered to as South Asians.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 10:47 PM   #70
rudyg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I like the roundel. I chose BMW because of the roundel. I think the blue, white, and black badge is fabulous. I literally bought it for the badge.
Interesting reason for buying a car... but the propeller is
      06-19-2006, 03:55 AM   #71
luckystrike
First Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agni
yep but they(indians) are genetically more related to Aryan race(europeans) than Middle Easterners.

how can you asume that indians are more related to aryan race(europeans).
they are more middle eastern they are dark and full of hair most asians are far more white than indians. and south asian are those in south asia like malaysia philippines etc india is in middle asia. look at your map to see it.

are you indian?

black saph./black leather/xenon/heated seatscomfort pkg./advantage pkg
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 05:57 AM   #72
bringsmewomen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
if we stop and think about it, a V6 camry/accord runs for about 26-27k now. Why not just get a BMW instead??

now back to the topic- ...
because they are more money?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #73
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agni

not generally at all...only the very northern areas of india and pakistan have people more related to aryan descent...(hence their features and white complexion)
2006 E90 330i RWD
2002 E46 330i RWD
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 07:05 PM   #74
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

hate digressing this thread, but its already digressed, and i had to clarify due to a lot of misinformation here. #1, Aryan and european are not interchangeable. Not all Europeans are Aryan, and those that claim to be, have questionable and limited evidence to prove it. For example, many Italians have Etruscan (N. African) blood. Many Eastern Europeans are mixed with Turks and Mongol invading armies (Hungarians for one). Russians are mixed, with the exception of some Nordic people that migrated there, and the Germans who prided thesmelves the most have extremely limited evidence proving they are. Blonde hair + blue eyes does not equal Aryan. This is german nazi propaganda, who were full of themselves. The strongest, if not only links between Aryans, who are originally from NW Indian subcontinent/lower Central asia and Germans is pottery with swastikas (not inverted Nazi swastikas, Hindu Swastikas) found in the River Ode (also found in Greece), and the sentence structure of German and Sanskrit are extremely similar. Also, some words are similar between the two. Thats it. So if Germans claim Aryanism by a few pieces of pottery, and a few linguistic similarities with Sanskrit, thats pretty pathetic. The discoveries in the region of northwest India (incl. pakistan, afghanistan, iran) outnumber those in any part of Europe 1000 to 1, so its clear the real Aryans are from the Indus region. #2 not all Indians are Aryan, in fact, most modern day are not. #3, those Indians or Iranians that are, are the 'true' Aryans though, more true than any one on the planet. Anyways, many Iranians are also Aryan (as is the NW India belt to Iran), but the people in all these regions are so mixed its hard to pinpoint it. There is Semitic blood (arabs, jews), Dravidian ('dark' south indians) blood, Mongoloid (mongol/Asian, think Babar, Ghengis Khan) blood mixed in all of these areas. The caste system of Hindus is what kept a little of it intact, so you will still find 'real' aryans in parts of India, but again, its at a minority. No other civilization that I am aware of, from Europe to Asia had a system to prevent mixing. if anyone wants more information, or to discuss, you can pm me. I'm fascinated with history (particulary this stuff) so studied this stuff in college as well as on my own time.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #75
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphall
Like, NaTuReBOY's name is in oriental style? Why do asianorientals type in a MiX oF CApS aNd LoWeR CAsE?
Mang...I always thought there's a program that will edit your typing to look like that...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 08:06 AM   #76
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
Here's my theory. Of course this is a stereotypical generalization. And this applies only to the U.S.

Every ethnicity has it's particular attributes, strengths and weaknesses.

Africans were initially SELECTED to work as slave laborers. Those who appeared most physically fit were chosen. Of those, the weaker ones died either en transit or from overwork and physical abuses. This naturally selected only the strong ones to procreate, so we (Americans) created a super-race of physically fit African Americans whose descendants are champion boxers, basketball players, football players, etc.

Traditional American values instill the idea of independence, autonomy, standing on ones own two feet. We (Americans) value the individual. "Be all you can be," and an "Army of One" embrace this notion. Asians value respect, even at the expense of depriving one of his/her own autonomy. In Japan, the team is more important than the individual. Traditional Asians do not talk back at their parents or elders. At an early age, Asians are taught not to talk out in class, not to question authority, not to waste time doing things that waste time--i.e., socializing, playing, etc.--as it takes away from studies and school. This creates the desire for an outlet, and many find that computers and sharing online are ways to acceptably socialize in the comfort of ones own home. The Asian kid becomes more focused and enthusiastic about details, cars, computer gaming, etc. I also feel that individuals naturally seek out that which is different. It seems more novel for an Asian to have a non-Asian automobile and vice versa.

So there you have it. We have a skewed proportion of Asian, computer savvy car enthusiasts who like to own, drive and modify foreign non-Asian cars, and talk about it online.
how much we owe you for that theory?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #77
aphall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska
Mang...I always thought there's a program that will edit your typing to look like that...
Yep, somewhere i have seen that program. RIdicULous.

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 02:05 AM   #78
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Occidental terrorist

Seems I have read this Asian American manifesto by the Frogman before. I agreed with it then.

First about a few terms:
Ricey - I had never heard the term "Ricey" before joining this forum, though I did see a bumper sticker once that said Harley Davidson - "Friends don't let friends ride rice burners"...and then just this week I heard some biker call Ben Roethlisberger's motorcycle a "rice rocket", before he explained that good ol Ben woulda been just fine without a helmet had he just been ridin' a Harley like a good American. I guess I'm irritated by the term, but grew up with a lot worse.

Asian - when I was growing up, I was pleased to not be called 'Chink'. A step up was when I was asked "are you Chinese or Japanese?" Oriental was not just an Express, and not just for objects at the time. It took me a few years to get used to calling myself Asian, (it became easier than Oriental ever was...BTW Oriental means "Eastern" and is the opposite of "Occidental")...which was about as long as it took for me to go from 'black' to 'African American'. Yeah, it's true that it steals the continent from the Indians and Pakistanis, but I always felt that I paid for it by filling in the little circle entitled "Asian or Pacific Islander". Turns out years later that I found that I probably did pay for it, as I had to deal with the anti-Asian college admission discrimination of the 80's. Anyway, Mongoloid would be more biologically correct, but that one was taken.

I think that Asian Americans, like everyone else, want to be cool. It's not as cool for a Japanese to drive a Honda. If you're Jewish, and your studying Tai Chi, you're broadminded and philosophical. If you're Chinese and you're doing Tai Chi, you're backward. I'm not saying that this is reality, but this is perception...which becomes reality in the mind of the self-conscious.
[I suppose to be in martial arts, especially the harder styles, is not uncool, but then you'd better be good, or you'll be like the Asian kid who sucks at math]
While I agree with Frogman about the Asian ideals of selflessness, respect, honor...etc. There's also a significant bit of culture about appearance, and face. It's somehow important to make an outward display that shows accomplishment, wealth, education and status. BMW is a symbol (to those who bought it themselves) of accomplishment. It's an "I am HERE" statement, so much more than an "I aM HeRe." Naturally it has appeal intrinsically, because it's an awesome car....but that's not what first brings everyone into the showroom.

So done twy to mak us fear bad aboud having nice carl! We wolked hald for eet! Eef you done lak eet, you can jus go to HAREL!
( invoked the Seinfeld exclusivity rule of ethnic comedy)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2006, 09:19 PM   #79
aem
Why pay more for nothing?
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwong
Why do we like BMWs sooooo much? Is it because we only settle for the best?
There is a connection that goes back to the War times between Asian and Europeans. I think some part could be due to that.

Alot of Asians also like Lexus yo...
      08-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #80
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwong View Post
Why do we like BMWs sooooo much? Is it because we only settle for the best?
not true. asians love mercedes, lexus, honda, toyota even more than bmw. mainly mercedes and toyota
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #81
jj thumper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335is

Race has little to do with what car you drive.

p.s. chinese people are selfish.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #82
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Beijing seems to prefer black Audis. I have seen more of them there in a week than my entire life here in the US.

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #83
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada View Post
Things are oriental, not people.
Food, rug = oriental
people = asian
      08-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #84
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

Damn, and for all these years I thought "ricer" was a country in Asia somewhere between Madagascar and florida. Who woulda thunk it?

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #85
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj thumper View Post
Wow, that's a huge generalization!
      08-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #86
sesegal99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I Coupe Sport

Quote:
At first I thought this said "p.s. chinese people love shellfish."

2009 328i Coupe Space Grey w/ Dakota LeatherSTEP, Sport Pkg. w Paddle Shifters, Prem. Pkg., Comfort Access, Grey Popler Trim, Heated Seats, Shadowline Trim, Xenon Adaptive Lights, GP Thunder Fogs, GP Thunder Angels, RE15mm Spacers, 35% Tint,OEM Alarm, Clear Corners, K&N, Strut Brace
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #87
007e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645Ci

Garage List
2004 BMW 645  [0.00]
i was sold when i found out what the name stands for. Brings Me Women ...and it certainly does live up to its name

Retired Rides:
07' e92
04' e46
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #88
jj thumper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335is

bad jj
Appreciate 0