E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > FS: New F1-R Intercooler

08-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

FS: New F1-R Intercooler

I don't think I can DIY the install anytime soon so it's an opportunity for someone else. I think it's the last intercooler left from a one time production run setup by some of the Toronto guys, the rest of the intercoolers are gone and installed.

It installs the same way the Big Tom setups do and includes all the same parts and piping so you can checkout the writeup for instructions. The guys running this intercooler say they absolutely love it.

sold

The picture is of just the intercooler, but it comes with all the piping and couplers and all that stuff you need. Also comes with 2 L-tabs to mount it to the beam if you want to go that route. (Borrowed a pic from another thread, if you want me to take it down let me know)
Attached Images

Last edited by SuperBmw; 11-05-2013 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Need this gone ASAP
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Good deal if it comes with everything needed and is the same as the Godspeed aka Big Tom intercooler

Free bump
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

I want this sold before school starts again!!
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Beautiful unit, but requires mounting brackets & Tig welding.

Anyone who buys this can go to Ivo @ Columbus Auto and he'll set you up. I was the guinniepig FMIC lol...

Happy times! It's a great unit and price can't be beat. Free bump!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post

Anyone who buys this can go to Ivo @ Columbus Auto and he'll set you up. I was the guinniepig FMIC lol...

If you're at Ivo's shop again or in my area sometime soon let me know, I would be interested in seeing his method of mounting it up. I didn't bother welding on the brackets, I stuck to the OG big tom method of cable tieing it haha.

I wanted to test out how strong it holds in place and I was also trying to show my dad that it will easily be held in place and like a genious I stood on top of the intercooler and started bouncing my weight onto it. The intercooler didn't budge even a millimeter and I felt cool, but as soon as I got down I realized jumping on top of aluminum probably isn't the best idea LOL.... I had some bent fins, but nothing that couldn't be fixed
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G
Quote:

If you're at Ivo's shop again or in my area sometime soon let me know, I would be interested in seeing his method of mounting it up. I didn't bother welding on the brackets, I stuck to the OG big tom method of cable tieing it haha.

I wanted to test out how strong it holds in place and I was also trying to show my dad that it will easily be held in place and like a genious I stood on top of the intercooler and started bouncing my weight onto it. The intercooler didn't budge even a millimeter and I felt cool, but as soon as I got down I realized jumping on top of aluminum probably isn't the best idea LOL.... I had some bent fins, but nothing that couldn't be fixed
I hope now you understand my frustration when I bought the second unit off you lol. As "great" as it might be, mounting is a bi**h.

I completely agree with Ivo's method and it came out 100% because of it. The mounting points are super solid and fitment is perfect because he took his time and measured, measured, adjusted and all over again to get it right.

I'll post up a pic when I get a chance. With the newly Tig welded mounting points (heavy duty) this looks like a $1000+ unit.

Dead sexy and sleek under my Aero bumper haha as for performance, I feel that extra little pull and temps are definitely much lower than the stock unit.

Now that's he's done mine, every other unit is that much easier for him because he used my car as a start point.

Edit: Pics added
Attached Images

Last edited by Zebra99; 08-26-2012 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: Adding pics
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Haha, I get your frustration, but then again my intercooler didn't even budge after a 200 pound dude is bouncing his weight onto it so I think my mounting method will be just fine too. Regardless though, Ivo did a cleaner install than I did as expected LOL.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
He also cut much less shroud lol... But that value is all up to personal preference lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Yeah I noticed that as well, I was pretty surprised to see that the IC fits without trimming the piece infront of the IC right off. I cut mine off anyway though just to expose more frontal surface area to high velocity air since the bumper opening isn't too large.

Switching to an mtech bumper seems to drop temps for most people so I was under the assumption that cutting that little piece off would help too.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Zebra 99 your install looks SEXY it makes me want to keep this unit but im not sure if having it kick around until christmas break is worth it. It looks damn nice in the front grill too.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #12
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBmw
Zebra 99 your install looks SEXY it makes me want to keep this unit but im not sure if having it kick around until christmas break is worth it. It looks damn nice in the front grill too.
I am more into the sleeper look so this was perfect for me. I don't have updated pics of post-install, but it's absolutely sexy.

If you're going to eventually put on an FMIC I'd say keep this one until you're ready to put it on. Just remember that any FMIC you buy will be well over $500 (VRSF being the cheapest).

Next meet we have I'll be down for sure and you can have a look. If you want it installed call Ivo and mention Nelio. He'll know exactly what he needs to do on your car lol....
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #13
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am more into the sleeper look so this was perfect for me. I don't have updated pics of post-install, but it's absolutely sexy.

If you're going to eventually put on an FMIC I'd say keep this one until you're ready to put it on. Just remember that any FMIC you buy will be well over $500 (VRSF being the cheapest).

Next meet we have I'll be down for sure and you can have a look. If you want it installed call Ivo and mention Nelio. He'll know exactly what he needs to do on your car lol....
I was planning on installing it myself to save labour costs but ended up not having any free time It looks pretty sexy though and the results are pretty sweet so I might just pony up for the labour.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: R8 V10 / Cayenne GTS / Model 3

Anyone know how much it would cost to install this in the GTA area? I'm interested in buying the intercooler if someone can hook me up with a good deal for the install
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #15
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leungsta View Post
Anyone know how much it would cost to install this in the GTA area? I'm interested in buying the intercooler if someone can hook me up with a good deal for the install
install yourself for free I'll try finding out some prices you for
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep

haha...I would do it myself but I'd rather have it installed during my 4 day stay in the GTA area (thurs-sunday) so that way I can enjoy the power difference on my way back to Montreal
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
haha...I would do it myself but I'd rather have it installed during my 4 day stay in the GTA area (thurs-sunday) so that way I can enjoy the power difference on my way back to Montreal
Who ever buys this I'd say go to Ivo. He did mine and did an amazing job.
That being said, you'll avoid any headaches later for improper install because it's not as easy as it looks if you want it done RIGHT.

The brackets he used are heavy duty and the measuring/adjusting is a pain because it's gotta go in and back out for welding and then back in lol. At the end of all this, it'll be done RIGHT and you'll love yourself for spending the extra $200 or whatever. I'd say call Ivo for labour pricing (might not be so bad since I was the ginny pig). He'll charge $80 for the TIG welding & brackets.

Call him 416-882-1439 and ask how much to install an intercooler like Nelio's?

Cheers,

N
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep

How much did you pay with everything included? I'll give them a call when I get there tomorrow, but I don't think it should be far off from what you paid.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #19
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

if you were to weld brackets i think the install will cost a bit more since thats about an hours extra labour

if you want i can try and have a friend make me a bracket like he made for his to mount it up its only like 10 bucks. i included a pic of an example i found of what i mean it basically hooks onto the support beam then goes under the intercooler and connects up behind it to make a solid firm mount.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #20
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leungsta
How much did you pay with everything included? I'll give them a call when I get there tomorrow, but I don't think it should be far off from what you paid.
$80 for the TIG welding. (well worth it; check out my pics)

Call him about labour/install, shouldn't be too bad since he's done a couple of these now.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Just a heads up, Ivo is on vacation this week, incase you are unable to get a hold of him...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #22
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Just a heads up, Ivo is on vacation this week, incase you are unable to get a hold of him...

do you know whens hes gonna be back?
Appreciate 0