E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > ...just got pulled over for some BS from some jealous cop...

10-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #23
Elbejoubmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by duyh View Post
As a former 325 owner and being a member on this forum for many years, I have come across many threads that have made me wonder why so many 325/328 owners believe that everybody and their moms are jealous of their cars. I mean a 325/328 is in no way a shitty car but to think that everybody is envious of you when you drive by in your $16000 car is a bit much.

/rant
lol seriously.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #24
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

some cops, especially young, right off the bat state patrol officers are on the MISSION... they think they save the world, one ticket out of time...

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #25
jjcarr
Rep
Drives: 09 128i, 83 320i, 08 ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
no, the cop was just the usual pain the law allows him to be: why not screw somebody up, all in line of "duty". rest assured that if he could have fined you for this stuff he would've. my experience has been that less 5% of cops that find you in any kind of trouble will let you slide. for the rest of these non-fined "issues" they find, they just rely on public unawareness of the laws and they just give a hard time cause they can...
I can only speak from my experience, but I have been let off several times. I'm kind, courteous, and friendly when they pull me over. I fess up and admit that I was speeding, and don't make excuses. I get a ticket about 50% of the time when I do that. Having ex-military plates helps, but attitude is everything.

I love my BMW, but I've also seen a lot of BMW drivers drive like jerks, and BMWs do have a bad rap, sometimes deserved, sometimes not. That's just the way it is, get used to it.

A cop has a hard job to do, and 95% of the time they are dealing with people who are angry at them, so sometimes you've gotta give them the benefit of a doubt. Kill them with kindness and you usually come out of it ahead.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #26
woojie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i, pre,sprt,cold pkg

duyh: wow.. i normally don't pry on other's opinion on different things from this forum. But you... lol. Like alot of people already have mentioned, some people including myself do have a huge pride in driving BMW.. not for the price, but the qualities that only bmw can give you.
Unlike youself, others might have saved up money from working graveyard shift, doing dirty axx work to be able to buy bmw. To them, i feel like they do have right to be really proud of driving bimmer as if they are the most beautiful cars in the world. Who the hell are you to judge what others drive and what they feel about their cars man... jesus.

If you don't have that much of pride in bmw, leave the FXXX out of this forum. why are you even in this forum.. seriously.. get a life man.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #27
duyh
Team Blop
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M & 13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woojie View Post
duyh: wow.. i normally don't pry on other's opinion on different things from this forum. But you... lol. Like alot of people already have mentioned, some people including myself do have a huge pride in driving BMW.. not for the price, but the qualities that only bmw can give you.
Unlike youself, others might have saved up money from working graveyard shift, doing dirty axx work to be able to buy bmw. To them, i feel like they do have right to be really proud of driving bimmer as if they are the most beautiful cars in the world. Who the hell are you to judge what others drive and what they feel about their cars man... jesus.

If you don't have that much of pride in bmw, leave the FXXX out of this forum. why are you even in this forum.. seriously.. get a life man.
When I originally posted that I wasn't hoping to get into any type of heated discussion. I just want to apologize to any entry level BMW driver that I may have offended in my post. I know that we are all BMW fans on this board, I owned one for five years and I loved it. Even though it was a 325, I had a lot of memories in that car and it was hard letting go.

Now I would like to address the topic at hand. First of all I would like to say, having pride in your car and being a total douche are two completely different things. One can have pride in their car and still be modest, bragging about what you have is just tacky. I understand some people have rough childhoods and when they work hard for something they want they have a huge sense of accomplishment. But I highly doubt they walk around with their heads up their asses thinking that everybody is jealous of what they have.

When the OP said the cop pulled him over because he was jealous of his car, it clearly showed that he thought everybody was envious of how cool he looks in his car. I don't understand how one would translate this into somebody being proud and prideful in their car. To me it sounds like somebody who thinks they are better than everybody else when in reality they aren't.
| Vorsteiner GTS-V CF Front Lip | Arkym Aerosport CF Diffuser | PF CF Side Skirts | VRS System 1 CF Diffuser| M Perf CF Rear Spoiler | M Perf Gloss Black Grills | IND Gloss Black Hood Vents | IND Gloss Black M3 Badge | IND Gloss Black Side Gills | IND Painted Reflectors | AIB V 4.5 | KW V3 | TE37SL Black Edition | MS Stud Conv | Project Kics Ti Lugs | MS Test Pipes | Meisterschaft SUS Super GT Exhaust | AA Gen 2 Level 3 S/C |
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #28
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
When I originally posted that I wasn't hoping to get into any type of heated discussion. I just want to apologize to any entry level BMW driver that I may have offended in my post. I know that we are all BMW fans on this board, I owned one for five years and I loved it. Even though it was a 325, I had a lot of memories in that car and it was hard letting go.

Now I would like to address the topic at hand. First of all I would like to say, having pride in your car and being a total douche are two completely different things. One can have pride in their car and still be modest, bragging about what you have is just tacky. I understand some people have rough childhoods and when they work hard for something they want they have a huge sense of accomplishment. But I highly doubt they walk around with their heads up their asses thinking that everybody is jealous of what they have.

When the OP said the cop pulled him over because he was jealous of his car, it clearly showed that he thought everybody was envious of how cool he looks in his car. I don't understand how one would translate this into somebody being proud and prideful in their car. To me it sounds like somebody who thinks they are better than everybody else when in reality they aren't.
True. Too much pride can be very negative. The OP's statement of the cop being jealous of his car might have been out of line, however I will cut him some slack because he was probably really upset. When you become that upset, you pretty much lose that filter and just start talking out your ass. I do it all the time, so I can understand why he would make those kinds of statements.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #29
E92 TiAg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 TiAg 6MT

I agree. I took pride in my Civic and knew it was not better than 99% of the cars on the road but it was clean with no damage. Now that I have a BMW I am just more paranoid about people hitting my car as it is the largest investment I have to date besides my education. No matter what I drive, I like to make sure it remains in the best condition possible... A car to me is more than just transportation but that could be just me... Sorry end of rant.

Quote:

10-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #30
danfom94
"Cesc4"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1990 325i

Guys just stop. I have the best BMW!

bragging lol
      10-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
duyh
Team Blop
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
True. Too much pride can be very negative. The OP's statement of the cop being jealous of his car might have been out of line, however I will cut him some slack because he was probably really upset. When you become that upset, you pretty much lose that filter and just start talking out your ass. I do it all the time, so I can understand why he would make those kinds of statements.
I believe the OP did make it clear in one of his posts that he was just venting because he was pissed and he knows his car isn't the best car. I just couldn't let that woojie guy run his mouth without any retribution.
| Vorsteiner GTS-V CF Front Lip | Arkym Aerosport CF Diffuser | PF CF Side Skirts | VRS System 1 CF Diffuser| M Perf CF Rear Spoiler | M Perf Gloss Black Grills | IND Gloss Black Hood Vents | IND Gloss Black M3 Badge | IND Gloss Black Side Gills | IND Painted Reflectors | AIB V 4.5 | KW V3 | TE37SL Black Edition | MS Stud Conv | Project Kics Ti Lugs | MS Test Pipes | Meisterschaft SUS Super GT Exhaust | AA Gen 2 Level 3 S/C |
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #32
urbanite23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: black beauty

Quote:
I just couldn't let that woojie guy run his mouth without any retribution.
Tough guy.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #33
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe the OP did make it clear in one of his posts that he was just venting because he was pissed and he knows his car isn't the best car. I just couldn't let that woojie guy run his mouth without any retribution.
True. And now that the storm is over we can all join hands and sing while the sun is still out!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #34
woojie
Private
United_States
Rep

with my mouth without any retribution..
lol. i do see that guy who posted the original entry said that he was just venting..
and honestly maybe the cop was jealous? lol! cause I've NEVER heard that people would get pulled over for those reasons.. wow. i mean just WOW.

And going back to my original reason of replying this again, dude... if you are gonna apologize, just fucking MAN UP and apologize. no "oh well.. i still think.. blah blah blah"
bunch of bs man. like you said, you've offended many people including myself, and leave it at that. don't be a freaking puXXY. that's all i gotta say.
"Run his mouth".. lol. dude who's the one running the mouth here? I am not the one apologizing brah. lol. nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #35
woojie
Private
United_States
Rep

sigh. I am just gonna drop it. it's not even my car who got pulled over.
no reason for me to be heated more than I already have. )

Duyh: Just watch your tone when you apologize. Using your word, "obviously" you are still somewhat hater for the "entre level bmw driver" hahaha
yeah... mah bad for being the entre level bimmer driver dude. stop acting like a kid.

I AM DONE! no more heated comments! i am out! )
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #36
andybui82
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

well this is awkward....anyway

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #37
duyh
Team Blop
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woojie View Post
sigh. I am just gonna drop it. it's not even my car who got pulled over.
no reason for me to be heated more than I already have. )

Duyh: Just watch your tone when you apologize. Using your word, "obviously" you are still somewhat hater for the "entre level bmw driver" hahaha
yeah... mah bad for being the entre level bimmer driver dude. stop acting like a kid.

I AM DONE! no more heated comments! i am out! )
I don't understand how I am acting like a kid... I just stated my opinion and I was done with it. You came outta nowhere dropping f bombs, calling people pussies, and making things all personal. I'm only apologizing because I want to clarify that I don't mean all 325/328 drivers, just the select few like yourself, who are clearly full of it. There's no point getting into it because we both know that this isn't going to get anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #38
Floobyk
Floobaybay
Rep
Drives: 2012 C63

^
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #39
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
True. And now that the storm is over we can all join hands and sing while the sun is still out!
Today is the last bit of sunshine for a week... **sigh**

The bright side: cops are less likely to pull you over in the rain
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #40
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
Today is the last bit of sunshine for a week... **sigh**

The bright side: cops are less likely to pull you over in the rain
Really? Is it so that they don't have to get out and get wet? Thats what she said...Never heard of that though.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #41
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Officers are people too... and just like most people, they don't like to be out in the rain unless they really have to
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #42
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

11-99
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #43
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
As a former 325 owner and being a member on this forum for many years, I have come across many threads that have made me wonder why so many 325/328 owners believe that everybody and their moms are jealous of their cars. I mean a 325/328 is in no way a shitty car but to think that everybody is envious of you when you drive by in your $16000 car is a bit much.

/rant

Thanks for that....got a nice chuckle out of it...and after driving a 328 loaner while my 335i was in the shop...it made it all ring true.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #44
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:

/rant
i wonder the same thing too. I mean i'm in no way wealthy or anything like that but the some of the entitled attitudes i see on this forum is just crazy to me. OP i think you should be happy you didnt get a ticket. He definitely could have made you night hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad335 View Post
Didn't get a ticket but still crying. grow up little camper no one is jealous of your 4 year old 325 or 328I. Worth a whole 21 grand...wow..
low blow my friend low blow
Appreciate 0