E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DPF - Couple of questions on figures

02-21-2022, 04:40 AM   #1
triggerhappy21
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 335d

DPF - Couple of questions on figures

New user, just joined looking to tap into some of the knowledge here!

I've been having the usual DPF woes on my 100'000 mile E91 LCI 335d:

- Glow plug error, didn't realise this was stopping my regens. Basically went for 2 years or so (all over lock down) without regen'ing.
- DPF warning then appeared. Went into garage, glow plugs, controller & swirl flap delete all done.
- Good for 6 months, then DPF warning again. Back to garage, lots of low voltage error were restricting some startup processes. New battery, car felt great.
- Last week, DPF warning again. Purchased Veepeak OBD2 scanner & Bimmer-tool app. Great bit of kit. Out for 2hrs yeaterday. Cleared codes, forced regen.
- Initially it was struggling, soot mass was 60g, it would creep down, then shoot back up to 60g again! Eventually exhaust temp shot up to 620°C and I got the soot mass right down, and it stayed down around 14g.
- 480A fault code keeps returning though.

Bimmer-tool figures are:

Ash mass - 2.4g (seems too low?!)
Soot mass - 14g (creeps up every couple miles, is that normal?)

DPF back pressure test:
Idle - 2mbar
2000rpm - 10mbar
3000rpm - 54mbar
4000rpm - 67mbar

Does the above look OK from your experience? Is there any suggestions to stop the 480A fault returning. The pressures seem too low to be triggering a fault. From what I understand the car wont regen if the fault is present. I don't fancy having to force regen for the rest of the cars life.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0