E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > New Bimmer Owner and Forum Member!

07-19-2014, 03:15 AM   #1
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 Sport

New Bimmer Owner and Forum Member!

New to the BMW game as I picked up a Silver 2007 323i (e90) <(insert newbie jokes here)> lol. Thing is in mint condition, however these are the first three mods/upgrades I need done in order of importance:

1. The 16" OEM rims currently on the car are disgusting and definitely need an upgrade. Can anyone recommend a wheel and tire shop in GVA that could help me out. Looking for Vossen CV2's or VMR v810's or Alufelgen SF-71's or suggestions. 19's in gun metal finish, staggered 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the rear.

2. Need to upgrade my headlights. The new LED angel eyes out there look ridiculous and I want them, however my 07 323i only has the standard halogen lights with no angel eyes. Looking to get some kind of conversion kit or a shop here in GVA that can do it for me. Any help in this department would be great. I have a friend who is crazy good with electrical work so anything online that will do the trick might work. Shoot me a link.

3. Also, looking to tint my windows, but I know BC is a pain for front window tints (police no likey) so I'm looking to go with something very light that I may be able to get away with, 70%??? Any recommendations on tint shops. A friend told me to go to New Spectrum Auto Glass but their reviews aren't the greatest.

Thanks for all your help!

dakoo12
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
steve_eclipse
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Can't help you with recommendations of local shops..........but I can welcome you to this wonderful forum.

From one Canadian to the next, Bienvenue/Welcome!
      07-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
JesseJames
JC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93

Yes yes mods are sounding nice..do itttt
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Welcome, fellow Vancouverite!
I recommend you order your wheels online and ship to Blaine if you want to save money and have the time. For tint, I have 50% and so far it's been ok. Sorry, can't remember the name of the guy who did it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the welcoming party!

Bimmette - Any websites in particular you would recommend? What about taxes and duty at the border? would it still be worth all the trouble in the end to bring them over?

PS. ur Bimmer is tight.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakoo12
Thanks for the welcoming party!

Bimmette - Any websites in particular you would recommend? What about taxes and duty at the border? would it still be worth all the trouble in the end to bring them over?

PS. ur Bimmer is tight.
I don't have any personal recommendations for websites because I was in a rush to buy my wheels (winters) so I just got them from National Tire Wholesale in Delta. But there was a thread that discussed shipping to Blaine recently. A member recommends shipping one or two wheels at a time to prevent being charged taxes/ duties. I have bought all my parts and shipped to Blaine and declared them and never had to pay anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i

I got my wheels and tires from volcotires. They asked me to look for the wheel I liked from 1010tires then they would import it for me.

I have a go to person for headlight retrofit if you are looking for someone. Would recommend umnitza v4 LEDs or any generic rings from eBay. Dimensions are Inner 100mm and outter 115mm

I got my tint done by a couple near no.3 and cambie. They're reputable and have done lots of high end cars. Most of my friends got their tint done by n-motion on boundary by Brian Jessel. They have life time warranty so that's definitely a plus

Let me know if you have anymore questions
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
bomiheko
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

I have 50% tint on front windows and it's hardly noticeable with 30% in the back. A cop pulled me over once and didn't even notice. Too bad the guys who did my tint aren't doing it anymore. Was $180 for 7 windows.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKc
I got my wheels and tires from volcotires. They asked me to look for the wheel I liked from 1010tires then they would import it for me.

I have a go to person for headlight retrofit if you are looking for someone. Would recommend umnitza v4 LEDs or any generic rings from eBay. Dimensions are Inner 100mm and outter 115mm

I got my tint done by a couple near no.3 and cambie. They're reputable and have done lots of high end cars. Most of my friends got their tint done by n-motion on boundary by Brian Jessel. They have life time warranty so that's definitely a plus

Are you sure about the ring sizes you mentioned? I have yet to see any one make rings for pre-LCI halogens.

OP, welcome! I also have an '07 323i. Great starter car to get into the BMW scene, and I still love driving mine (6MT doesn't hurt)

Your (easy) headlight options consist of either going for LCI halogens (2009+), or after market.

Feel free to have a look at my build thread for any ideas for your car. Black performance grills may also be a cheap and easy way to customize your whip.

Oh, and I got 19x9.5 rears, et35 with 12mm spacers, so you could get rear offsets as low as ET 23 without issue. I wish I had known that when I bought my wheels.
I'm no wheel expert though, so may be worth confirming first. I think pre-LCI e90s can take a lower offset than LCI.

Anyway, welcome and have fun!!
      07-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKc

Are you sure about the ring sizes you mentioned? I have yet to see any one make rings for pre-LCI halogens.

OP, welcome! I also have an '07 323i. Great starter car to get into the BMW scene, and I still love driving mine (6MT doesn't hurt)

Your (easy) headlight options consist of either going for LCI halogens (2009+), or after market.

Feel free to have a look at my build thread for any ideas for your car. Black performance grills may also be a cheap and easy way to customize your whip.

Oh, and I got 19x9.5 rears, et35 with 12mm spacers, so you could get rear offsets as low as ET 23 without issue. I wish I had known that when I bought my wheels.
I'm no wheel expert though, so may be worth confirming first. I think pre-LCI e90s can take a lower offset than LCI.

Anyway, welcome and have fun!!
Oops. Just realized it's an e90. Not too sure about the ring size. The ones I specified is for e92
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:50 PM   #11
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Sorry for the late reply, I fell off a bit over winter as I decided to hold off on doing my upgrades... too wet, dirty and cold. Looking to get back into it here and plan to purchase wheels soon so I have them ready for spring. Like I said before I can't stand the stock OEM 16"s on this thing, how the hell did BMW even come up with these wheels. lol

I had a look at 1010tires but I dont see anything on there I like. I have decided to go a different path with my wheel choice. Something a little more concave and easier to clean. So i'm looking at purchasing something like this if anyone here in Vancouver has a hookup.

http://www.vossenwheels.com/wheels/vvscv7.aspx
(***might be a little too pricey)

or

Niche Verona m150
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Niche-Ver...-/251500371325

Hey MiKc, you still have a guy in Van that does retrofit angel eyes?

Ali-323i - will a 10 inch wheel fit on the back of our cars?? I want to create a deep concave look with the wheels. Whats the biggest I can go in the back without rubbing?

PS. I got my windows tinted at New Spectrum Auto Glass for $190 which I'm really satisfied with. 40% all around and have yet to be pulled over. lol knock on wood.

daKoo12
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 03:47 AM   #12
bomiheko
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakoo12 View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I fell off a bit over winter as I decided to hold off on doing my upgrades... too wet, dirty and cold. Looking to get back into it here and plan to purchase wheels soon so I have them ready for spring. Like I said before I can't stand the stock OEM 16"s on this thing, how the hell did BMW even come up with these wheels. lol

I had a look at 1010tires but I dont see anything on there I like. I have decided to go a different path with my wheel choice. Something a little more concave and easier to clean. So i'm looking at purchasing something like this if anyone here in Vancouver has a hookup.

http://www.vossenwheels.com/wheels/vvscv7.aspx
(***might be a little too pricey)

or

Niche Verona m150
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Niche-Ver...-/251500371325

Hey MiKc, you still have a guy in Van that does retrofit angel eyes?

Ali-323i - will a 10 inch wheel fit on the back of our cars?? I want to create a deep concave look with the wheels. Whats the biggest I can go in the back without rubbing?

PS. I got my windows tinted at New Spectrum Auto Glass for $190 which I'm really satisfied with. 40% all around and have yet to be pulled over. lol knock on wood.

daKoo12
Are you sure you want to go 20" rims? Roads can get rough in some parts of GVA and going 20" means super low profile tires to protect your rims. I currently have 19" rims and it's kinda scary going over potholes and other things.
      01-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #13
roast_
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 323i

I'd take your 16" wheels off of you if i was local...

Cheaper tires, less worry with pot-holes and no one will steal them.
      01-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #14
guywithawrench
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 335xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKc View Post

I got my wheels from Volco too, very happy even though maybe not the cheapest
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #15
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Hey Bomiheko,

I'm sticking to 19 's. I drive too much to have 20's and to be worrying about potholes etc. Just need to find out how big I can go in the back. Like Ali-323i mentioned I believe our pre-lci can go bigger than 9.5 in the rear.

Really liking the Niche verona m150's - what u guys think.

dakoo12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomiheko View Post
Are you sure you want to go 20" rims? Roads can get rough in some parts of GVA and going 20" means super low profile tires to protect your rims. I currently have 19" rims and it's kinda scary going over potholes and other things.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roast_ View Post
I'd take your 16" wheels off of you if i was local...

Cheaper tires, less worry with pot-holes and no one will steal them.
Hey roast,

Still interested in these wheels OEM 154?. I ended up purchasing OEM style 162's shipped from winnipeg.

see details and pics here
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093056

let me know

thanks,

dakoo12
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #17
AudiBLK
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Congrats on the purchase! Now buy my 20" BBS LM reps
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #18
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiBLK View Post
Congrats on the purchase! Now buy my 20" BBS LM reps
lol... nice looking wheels AudiBLK but they aint my style. I'm going to hold off for a bit before I purchase some 19's down the road. Need to get rid of these 154's first.. or how about we do a swap... my 154's for your BBS.. lol

Appreciate 0