E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > lots of water in exhausts

07-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

lots of water in exhausts

I had both rear boxes changed under warranty last week due to a cosmetic issue with the plating flaking on the tailpipes. When I picked my car up form the dealer they said there was about 3 litres of water in each rear silencer !!! WTF the car runs fine, it even made 360BHP on the dyno a few weeks ago so I can;t believ there is anything wrong with the engine. The water level hasn't dropped either, so I don;t know how this has happened. The car is 2 years old and I have had it about 6 weeks now..............I wonder if the previous owner got a bit over zealous with a jet wash ?

On another note, it sounds slightly different now......more "sporty"
      07-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Could be a jetwash but the dealer is talking bollocks anyway about the amount, nothwithstanding the fact they had a convenient measuring cylinder to hand for just such an eventuality.

Consider the size of a 3 litre bottle of Coke - big and fat. Bigger than the silencer in fact....
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Could be a jetwash but the dealer is talking bollocks anyway about the amount, nothwithstanding the fact they had a convenient measuring cylinder to hand for just such an eventuality.

Consider the size of a 3 litre bottle of Coke - big and fat. Bigger than the silencer in fact....
I guess......as they have inflated prices for everything, maybe everything is "inflated" when it comes to a dealer

ie;- I got a brand new, still packaged, gold plated iPod lead for the car off ebay for £10 the other week....the dealer wants nearly £50 !!!!!!!!