E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Torque Pro App (Android)

08-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #1
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Torque Pro App (Android)

Part of the useful discussion id here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...904968&page=87

Thought I would create a separate thread to dedicate to this awesome app.

A bit here as well: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=Torque+Pro
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 02:56 AM   #2
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Did not yet got RPM into the parameters, but here are a few bits that I caught on the way home. This was a very slow drive, almost following the limit. Personally, I wanted to see AFR, so it did not drop below 14.5 stoichiometric, which was good.

Here is AFR:

Name:  AFR.png
Views: 1201
Size:  48.0 KB

EGT:

Name:  EGT.png
Views: 1101
Size:  66.9 KB

And, engine torque, AFR and Boost

Name:  TQ AFR Boost.png
Views: 1210
Size:  122.9 KB

Awesome to monitor parameters. Now, I just wish that BMWHat and Torque Pro catch up to each other in terms of parameters monitored.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

I cant torque to read boost on my N54. Ive tried a few of the settings on MAF/MAP readings no luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Gracias Yohz plan on buying the bluetooth, you techie bastards are making a believer out of me LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS View Post
I cant torque to read boost on my N54. Ive tried a few of the settings on MAF/MAP readings no luck.
Have you tried looking in the Settings>Data Logging&Upload>What to Log
(sorry do not have the tab with me right now to look at the exact menu names). Also, available parameters will come up in graphing. You car has to be running of course. Also, once you select what to log, it disappears form the available items to log, so may be you have already selected it. Were you able to download the logged data in the .csv format and see if it is there. Lots of other stuff comes in that file and you need to scroll and look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Gracias Yohz plan on buying the bluetooth, you techie bastards are making a believer out of me LOL
It's fun to see what your car is doing and also make sure no funny stuff is going on.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

yep Im more curious since my car is in the shop, with the downpipe i blew the steering pump got to wait a week for it damn it. No dyno runs until late next week
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #7
MadToy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 340i Xdrive

Can you post a step by step tutorial on how to get it to log and export the logs? I've battled with mine to try and get logs out of it with no luck :/
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
stevers314
packet jockey
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Hoping to have the PID information to capture actual boost pressure in the next day or so.
      08-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #9
iaknown
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
Have you tried looking in the Settings>Data Logging&Upload>What to Log
(sorry do not have the tab with me right now to look at the exact menu names). Also, available parameters will come up in graphing. You car has to be running of course. Also, once you select what to log, it disappears form the available items to log, so may be you have already selected it. Were you able to download the logged data in the .csv format and see if it is there. Lots of other stuff comes in that file and you need to scroll and look.
So Torque can graph more things than on the dashboard? I know tdi mentioned a kind of virtual boost but I would like to see real desired and actual boost

I know you said you didn't think BMWhat had this but I found 8 different parameters related to boost. 2 deviation boost, 2 boost setpoints (I forget the other 4). I am wondering if these are the boost parameters some of us are looking for?...
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 01:26 AM   #10
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaknown View Post
So Torque can graph more things than on the dashboard? I know tdi mentioned a kind of virtual boost but I would like to see real desired and actual boost

I know you said you didn't think BMWhat had this but I found 8 different parameters related to boost. 2 deviation boost, 2 boost setpoints (I forget the other 4). I am wondering if these are the boost parameters some of us are looking for?...
May be. I or someone can track all of them to see which ones are actually useful. I can try looking at them on the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #11
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Can you post a step by step tutorial on how to get it to log and export the logs? I've battled with mine to try and get logs out of it with no luck :/
When I had searched I could not find a lot of info on the net. But TDIwyze in this link actually posts some useful screenshots to get you going on the data export.

Quote:
Part of the useful discussion id here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...904968&page=87
I'll attempt to give you a step by step of what has worked for me, but I provide no screenshots. This also assumes that you had successfully connected the bluetooth dongle and it communicates with the app. Also, this is on the Samsung Tablet, phone may be different.

Main Menu > Adapter Status > (scroll to the bottom) > Settings > (little submenu pops-up) > (choose Settings) > Data Logging & Upload > Select What to Log (your car has to be running and app communicating with OBD) > (select different available parameters you want to log, once you pick one, it will not be available to be picked again) > Back (button on your device) > (scroll to the middle) > User Email Address > Enter your email address and confirm> (also select all the other options you wish, such as Automatically Log GPS or Upload to Webserver.

So the above gets you to set what you want to log and sets your email addy.

Now, if you are in the main menu, click on the > Realtime Information > (your realtime parameters are displayed in dials, etc.) > Click the little Submenu Button (sorry I'm an Apple person, but this is the button on the left of the main central button on your device) > Submenu pops-up > Here you can start/stop logging, clear logs and email logs. Here you go.

Anyone with more experience, please feel free to correct me or add anything else useful. Good screenshots by TDIwyze in the link above.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

This may be helpful visually to add to what Yozh said.
Attached Images

08-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #13
MadToy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 340i Xdrive

Quote:
When I had searched I could not find a lot of info on the net. But TDIwyze in this link actually posts some useful screenshots to get you going on the data export.

I'll attempt to give you a step by step of what has worked for me, but I provide no screenshots. This also assumes that you had successfully connected the bluetooth dongle and it communicates with the app. Also, this is on the Samsung Tablet, phone may be different.

Main Menu > Adapter Status > (scroll to the bottom) > Settings > (little submenu pops-up) > (choose Settings) > Data Logging & Upload > Select What to Log (your car has to be running and app communicating with OBD) > (select different available parameters you want to log, once you pick one, it will not be available to be picked again) > Back (button on your device) > (scroll to the middle) > User Email Address > Enter your email address and confirm> (also select all the other options you wish, such as Automatically Log GPS or Upload to Webserver.

So the above gets you to set what you want to log and sets your email addy.

Now, if you are in the main menu, click on the > Realtime Information > (your realtime parameters are displayed in dials, etc.) > Click the little Submenu Button (sorry I'm an Apple person, but this is the button on the left of the main central button on your device) > Submenu pops-up > Here you can start/stop logging, clear logs and email logs. Here you go.

Anyone with more experience, please feel free to correct me or add anything else useful. Good screenshots by TDIwyze in the link above.
Thanks a bunch. I'll give this a shot. I've been using Torque for years for several cars, but could never get the logging. Hoping this will get me over the hurdle.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #14
iaknown
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335D

Found 2 parameters in BMWhat that may be of interest. Both are "Boost Setpoint" (or turbo boost setpoint?). One seems to be the actual boost reading. The other seems to be the absolute reading (with barometric pressure included). Let me know what you guys think.
Appreciate 0