E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Price change after deposit?

04-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Price change after deposit?

Just want to see what you guys think. Anyway, ordered my car back in 3/13, still waiting for the car (currently awaiting transport) got home today and got a letter from the dealer telling me the person I dealt with is no longer with the company and another internet manager will assist me on the order. I am just starting to worry, since the price I negotiated with the original CA is around 800 over invoice, I am afraid that now the person is no longer there they're going to try and change the price on me (even though I left a $500 deposit already) What do you guys think? I emailed the new CA just now, hopefully I'll hear back from him. Man, all this waiting I sure hope I won't get burn like that..

P.S. This is the third person I am dealing with, since the original CA got fired a day after we agreed on the price.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
Matbrach
Trophy Husband - Honorable Mention
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 330i. X5 4.8

When we put down a deposit, we also signed a form that had the price on it. Did you do the same? If so you should have a contract - consideration (ie money) was given.

Your past SA was an agent of the company authorized to act for the company, so the mere fact that he left doesn't change anything.

However, I am not a lawyer - I just stayed at an Holiday Inn Express. Maybe some real sharks out there might have a better answer.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #3
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
If you have purchase contract that shows the price they agreed on then you have nothing to worry about. If you only have a verbal agreement then you are probably out of luck.
If they don't honor your original agreement then tell them you will walk. If they want your business bad enough they won't let you walk.

Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

no, the only thing I got was a receipt stating I left a $500 deposit and I don't remember signing anything either. However, I do have a print out of the price before tax and final price with the deal# on the top. I am assuming the deal# is has my name and info in it. Plus the new CA handwrote he'll be helping me on the new car, meaning my info should be on their computer. I am hoping things won't change...the wait itself is already killing me, and if this is bad news then the wait is all for nothing
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

why don't you wait and see if the price has really been changed? what's the point of guessing at this time???? no point really
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #6
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
no, the only thing I got was a receipt stating I left a $500 deposit and I don't remember signing anything either. However, I do have a print out of the price before tax and final price with the deal# on the top. I am assuming the deal# is has my name and info in it. Plus the new CA handwrote he'll be helping me on the new car, meaning my info should be on their computer. I am hoping things won't change...the wait itself is already killing me, and if this is bad news then the wait is all for nothing
I feel certain that if you have ordered the car they want to sell it to you and don't want to lose the business. Rather than wait for for an email response I would call the dealer and talk to the sales manager. Explain the situation and ask for an itemized invoice showing the final price with the deal you agreed on.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer
I feel certain that if you have ordered the car they want to sell it to you and don't want to lose the business. Rather than wait for for an email response I would call the dealer and talk to the sales manager. Explain the situation and ask for an itemized invoice showing the final price with the deal you agreed on.

Just me being a worrier that's all. I know that the people are paying more over invoice and afraid that maybe they would use this as an opportunity to sell it to someone else for more profit. Anyway, the CA just emailed me back and I gave him the deal# and prod#, hopefully everything is still green light
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #8
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
My CA left the dealership too. But before he left, he called me personally to tell me the new CA's name and everything on the deal remains the same. I never even talked $$$ with the new guy until I went in to sign the loan and he showed me the $$$ on the folder. It was exactly as it should be.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #9
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
My CA left the dealership too. But before he left, he called me personally to tell me the new CA's name and everything on the deal remains the same. I never even talked $$$ with the new guy until I went in to sign the loan and he showed me the $$$ on the folder. It was exactly as it should be.

That's good customer service Unfortunately I never got a call from my CA before he left, not sure what's the situation and he was an Internet director instead or Internet manager. Anyway, I just emailed the new CA again, after my last email stating my production# and my deal# I never heard back from him. The first email I got a response withing 15 mins...this one has been couple of hour and still no reply..there I go being paranoid again..I guess I'll give him a call tomorrow if I don't hear anything...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 01:57 AM   #10
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirtynine
So you don't remember signing any papers with the negotiated price?

Nope, don't remember signing any paper, the CA just took my deposit and gave me a printout of the deal# with price before tax, tax doc fee and final out the door price. Along with the sheet with all the options I selected on the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 07:13 AM   #11
h_curtis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ordered blk s 330 sp, pr, cold

Quote:
So you don't remember signing any papers with the negotiated price?
I didn't sign any papers either. Was a bit uncomfortable and decided to print up something on my computer with all the stuff on it and give it to my salesman. He has a copy and so do I. Still didn't sign anything, but I am not worried. I don't think dealers want to spring something on a customer at the last second. That would look pretty bad for them.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #12
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
The printouts that you have, are they signed by anyone?

Nope, just a printout of the computer screen with the prices
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #13
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Well, here's the update. I called the new CA this morning and spoke with him and trying to track my status down. I guess my worry is not compelety unfounded. Anyway, he has record of the price before tax, lic and that part is correct. However, I guess the last CA wasn't too organize on paperwork and it doesn't show I left a deposit So now I have to fax him a copy of the written receipt on the deposit and he'll file it in the deal folder. Hopefully everything is good to go now. I guess the combination of waiting for the car plus unexpected changes can make you worry big time..or it could just be me
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #14
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xit

When i ordered my 325xit we ran some number firdt and when I thought prices where good ordered it, but i got copies of everything. From the order form to the paper where he goes back and forth to his manager...just to be on the safe side. Just in case something happens and might want to rise the payment a lil..