E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > strange issue with radiator fan

03-29-2021, 03:05 AM   #1
Ciorny
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 328i

strange issue with radiator fan

Hey, I have a strange problem with the radiator fan on the E92 328i (2009) (N52B30) , I have searched all possible forums, and have not come across such a case:

The engine heats up to a temperature of 93 degrees (water in the engine block), then the fan is started, which works at constantly higher revs and maintains the temperature in the range of 90-93 degrees, turns off only after turning off the engine, after starting it again after reaching 93 degrees start up again ... There are no errors under the computer, all modules are green in ISTA. I have no ideas what could be the reason ... By the way properly working temperatute should be higher then 93 degrees.. Before this issue, radiator fan was start at 108 degrees an after few seconds temperature dropped to 103-104 degrees (at a standstill) - so i think it was the correct cycle
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorny View Post
Hey, I have a strange problem with the radiator fan on the E92 328i (2009) (N52B30) , I have searched all possible forums, and have not come across such a case:

The engine heats up to a temperature of 93 degrees (water in the engine block), then the fan is started, which works at constantly higher revs and maintains the temperature in the range of 90-93 degrees, turns off only after turning off the engine, after starting it again after reaching 93 degrees start up again ... There are no errors under the computer, all modules are green in ISTA. I have no ideas what could be the reason ... By the way properly working temperatute should be higher then 93 degrees.. Before this issue, radiator fan was start at 108 degrees an after few seconds temperature dropped to 103-104 degrees (at a standstill) - so i think it was the correct cycle
It sure where you live, but the radiator fan will also come on in response to the AC being on.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 12:20 AM   #3
Ciorny
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e91Owner View Post
It sure where you live, but the radiator fan will also come on in response to the AC being on.
Hi, i know that, but daily i dont turn on the AC, in my country now is 10-15 degreee, so the electric radiator fan should't be active when the engine temperature is 90 degree
Appreciate 0