E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > UK E92 - Another Upgrade FWIW

09-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #89
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Buying the Hertz!! Wooooooooooooooohooooo!! hehehe.

Guys with all this technology, how can I integrate my iPod? The Aux In Port in the armrest doesn't work well. When plugged in fully, only one side of the car speakers work properley, but when you take it out one notch from the aux in and fiddle with the wire, then both sides work, but only seldom.

Anyway to integrate my iPod and I don't mind controlling the iPod for tracks etc, just so long as I still have my steering wheel controls for volume and IF possible, track jog.

Also, getting the new iPhone 5 tmrw so hoping there will be a seemless integration between my iDrive and this gadget LOL.
      09-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #90
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
I've secured the 12w7 but need to pay n pick up however were not able to test it as neither of us have an amp or w/e to test it so a little hesitant to drop £250 for something I've not seen work...
You can use a voltmeter set to measure resistance (at the lowest setting) and measure between the + and - terminals. If it does not give you a reading then the voice coil is blown. If it does, the voice coil is fine, as long as the reading is close to the specified DC resistance. You can also push the cone in evenly, using all 5 fingers, listening for any rubbing noises.

Anyway, it's hard to blow a W7 so I wouldn't sweat it too much.
      10-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #91
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Thanks Kai and the rest on this thread, as mentioned in my UK Build Thread, I've purchased the Hertz HDP4 amp and am so excited - I feel I've got such a good deal, it's within warranty, comes fully boxed with all the plastic bags and what not it's like brand new. I guess I'm this excited as I've got all 2nd hand stuff almost LOL.

That's it now for my front stage..

-Morel Hybrid Ovations
-Jehnerts XE 200s
-JBL MS8
-Hertz HDP4 and;
-Technic Harness

Once it all comes through, I'll put it together and start a the build or have it done professionally as I don't have a garage and the UK weather is more unpredicatable than Messi's dribbling.

Thanks to everyone for their help - but your work is not yet complete.. I shall continue to ask more Questions until the build is complete