E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede Governor removed?

04-08-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Gray BMW 335I coupe

Procede Governor removed?

So I had a problem with the install at first because one of the hose split at the connector causing it to come off the coupler during my initial test drive.... I cut off the split end and reconnected it. seems to be working fine now.. no check engine or service engine lights..... Car still stops at 150mph.... not thats its a big deal because I only plan on doing it once... but it makes me wonder if my unit is working properly or if the governor isnt actually removed with Procede.. I haven't found anyone else online that says they've tested the governor after install.... anyone know for sure??
I have no other mods done to the car and I am running 91 oct from chevron.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
The governer is not removed with the PROcede. Never was. It can be but at your own risk. Trying to work out the legal issues involved. The people who ask for it the most are the people I worry most about

shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 02:44 AM   #3
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55236

i called it

this is the kind of guy you wanted to include the code reader for right? lol
      04-08-2007, 03:21 AM   #4
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Gray BMW 335I coupe

No big deal... I thought I read about it being removed. My mistake.

I must have just assumed from this thread... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...cede+top+speed
but now that I read it again it doesnt ever say that Procede removes the limiter... It simply talks about what a Procede equipped 335 with limiter removed might be capable of..

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
FYI, we will not be offering the Xede for production 335i kits due to hardware limitations. There's no room for any more features! This is why we developed and now offer the PROcede (of whatever name we end up deciding on that doesn't sound like a male hair growth treatment) as it will leave the doors wide open for launch control, vanos control, closed loop boost control, speed limiter defeat, etc,.

Cheers,
shiv
once again here must be talking about the capability of the limiter being removed...not actually stating that it is done for you.

sorry for the confusion.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #5
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
No problem. Removing it is really easy to do. You just feed the wheelspeed sensor wire in and out of the PROcede. The PROcede then clamps it to a given frequency. So the ECU never thinks it goes above a certain MPH. That's what we did on the 335s that just raced (and won!) the 12Hr Bathurst race.

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 04:50 AM   #6
boggysv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A4, but riding the bus for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
No problem. Removing it is really easy to do. You just feed the wheelspeed sensor wire in and out of the PROcede. The PROcede then clamps it to a given frequency. So the ECU never thinks it goes above a certain MPH. That's what we did on the 335s that just raced (and won!) the 12Hr Bathurst race.

-shiv
shiv,
with the wheel speed sensor being fed the wrong signal, does it mean DSC/DTC has to be switched off too?
If not, I do not see how they can operate normally.
Appreciate 0