Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Rims Question/Advice

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
matt92123
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Rims Question/Advice

Hey guys,

I got some brand new replica f10 M5 rims a few months ago on eBay for about $550 along with some brand new tires and TPMS. I had the guy who I got my car from put on the rims and tires on my car while I was out of town. While he was in the process of mounting and balancing he noticed that one of the rims or tires was more unbalanced than the other three and also the lug nuts that were already on my current rims didn't fit the new replicas well. Two red flags that these wheels are cheap and are a safety concern, in addition to being made in China. He strongly recommended me to not put these on my car, so I'm not. Get what you pay for I guess.

Anyway, my question is do you guys know where I can get some decent quality 18" M5 rims (perhaps low pressure casting?) without breaking the bank? I don't really want to spend much more than $1,000. I have seen the AG M355's, but I want 18's due to lower tire cost, and more rim protection. I don't want to run 35/30 series tires on my car. I may just have to go with the AG M310's in 18's if I can't find any decent M5 rims in 18's.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
AG's are probably your best bet to ensure that you have something decent. You can pick up a set in the FS section, but that requires patience. I got my set for an excellent shipped price from NFS Motorsports (vendor).
Appreciate 0