E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need Advice On PRE-LCI To LCI Front End Conversion Replica Parts Fitment & Quality

05-26-2018, 01:18 AM   #1
NightRyda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 355i

Need Advice On PRE-LCI To LCI Front End Conversion Replica Parts Fitment & Quality

Hi, I've got a jet black 2007 335i e90 which had a front end collision & now needs a new front end (covered by insurance). The PRE-LCI kidney grills & hood look very dated, so I want to do an LCI conversion using either a LCI M3 replica front bumper, or a M-Sport LCI replica front bumper & a LCI hood. I'll keep my PRE-LCI headlights becasue they're too expensive to replace for LCI one's.

I might go with an OEM LCI hood, but ideally I'd love to find some kind of aftermarket LCI hood with some tasteful vents/scoops. Since both rep bumpers have been out for a while, I'm betting most M3 & M-Sport bumpers should fit well; but I have no idea how well most aftermarket hoods fit since there aren't a lot of threads about aftermarket hood reviews.

I've researched PRE-LCI to LCI conversions, but keep finding conflicting info. Here's what I'd like to know:

1) It's my understanding that all I need to do an LCI conversion is a LCI bumper/LCI kidney grills/LCI hood, & that everything should bolt up fine w/o needing any other special brackets or fender liners. Is this true? Note: i'm not using the large under-car plastic belly pan cover.

2) Do the PRE-LCI & LCI have the same dimension hoods & fenders & are the headlights the same shape? I've read conflicting threads the LCI bumper/grills/hood will fit fine; but also seen people say the headlights are a diff shape & that hood & fenders are different lengths. Which is true?

3) I'm aware with an M3 rep from bumper i'll have to trim my brake ducts, is this also true for the M Sport rep front bumper? Can I use OEM M3 brake ducts in order to avoid cutting my current pre-lci 335i ones? Is the same true for M-Sport bumper if use the OEM M-Sport ducts? How does the wheel arch fender liner play into things w/ either front end?

4) Is the M-Sport & M-Tech front end the same thing? Why are there two diff names?

5) What do you guys think looks better, the LCI M3 rep or LCI M-Sport/M-Tech rep front ends? Any other options out there? The 1M & M4 look great, but all the ones I've seen are made from fiberglass or are over $1k. I want polyurethane only.

6) I was gonna get my replica front bumpers from either **********s or Ebay. Can anyone recommend Ebay sellers that have the best fitment?

7) Any advice on a good looking aftermarket LCI hood that fits well under $1k?

TIA for the help. I need to get my car fixed ASAP & I don't want to end up wasting money buying parts that wont fit. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
NightRyda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 355i

Crickets chirping... anyone out there??? Any help is much appreciated guys...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 06:23 AM   #3
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
I only have limited info I can confirm:

A) pre and post LCI sedan headlights are the same shape, even though the design is different

B) Msport and Mtech are the same thing

C) choosing between M3 and msport just comes down to your own personal preferences. Choose which you like best! I'd go msport to avoid the haters that'll say don't make it look like an M3. But your car, just do what makes you happy.