E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > EBC Yellowstuff or oem?

08-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Assmanof
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

EBC Yellowstuff or oem?

I am looking for a pad with the same on/off initial bite that the oem pads have. I would stay with oem if not for the excessive dusting. From reading tons of posts it would appear no pad exists that is hard stopping initially and low dust. I have been reading about Yellowstuff and its excellent cold biting properties but have two questions.

First: The Yellowstuffs are considered high dusting as well but how does it compare to oem dusting?

Second: Can these be used for street only daily driving?

I know a ceramic will be low dusting but I cant give up the cold bite which ive grown accustomed to. Thanks.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
bimmer14
Rep
Drives: 2006 300i

I just bought axxis metal masters to go with a slotted/cross drilled rotor. $300 through turner motorsports with the sensor and shipping (rear brakes only). I'm installing them on Friday. I'll let you know how they feel.

I'm like you...I like the responsive feel of the BMW brakes. Hope these work out.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Assmanof
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I had those pads on my Miata. I cant give a comparison because the brakes feel totally different on those cars. The Miata feels like a mechanical brake on a go cart, very direct. The BMW has a more boosted brake feel. Anyways I hate long brake travel and will give up linear predictability for all out touchy, grabby, and barely touching the brake stopping power! If it locks up just breathing on it thats what im looking for.
Appreciate 0