E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Need some explanation fellas...please help me!!!

12-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
stabmacho90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2005 55 plate black

Need some explanation fellas...please help me!!!

Hi. I am currently poaching after a new front bumper and think of getting it resprayed to my car colour. But I am not sure whether my car is jet black(JB), black sapphire metallic(BSM) or matt black (I think matt black is def not but worth mentioning just in case). I am away from my car as it's at home in Manchester. Won't go back home for the next 2 weeks I guess so really dont have a clue how to check the paint code. Need to decide on the colour code ASAP.

Some infos: I did remember the last time it was washed, I did see some sparkles on the paint. It's not like pure black like the black hole! It looks shining when it is seen closely. People were saying that its hard to diff between JB and BSM, so I am not sure which one. Here is a picture just for reference in case someone here could recognize.

Also, I am now dealing with a guy for his angel eye headlights. The more I ask him, the more I am confused and he told me to do some research first before buying. He said his angel eye headlights came off an 11 plate e90 (so it must be for LCI,right?). He has used them in his 06 plate e90 pre LCI and said they fit well too so he was sure they will fit my 55 plate 320i. he told me that was the standard halogen angel eye came from factory on 11 plate e90. The reason he is selling them is because he is upgrading to dynamic xenon headlight (don't know what is this???). Now, I am confused. is the headlights he is selling just the same as my stock SE headlight which has been retrofit to accommodate angel eye ring? or is it the same angel eye most of people here are running on? what's dynamic xenon then? can someone pleaseeee explain to this dumb man what are the possible options for modding angel eyes for e90 pre LCI? really really appreciate your kindness.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Dear Stabmacho90

You might be able to see your car colour by entering your vincode on this website:
http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
stabmacho90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sh@Crystalwhite View Post
Dear Stabmacho90

You might be able to see your car colour by entering your vincode on this website:
http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
That was a very very nice suggestion! I have checked that my car is black sapphire metallic the colour has been solved. But, still need some answer on the headlights thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #4
pretendporsche
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46M3, 2008 E92 335i

I havent looked into this at all, but from what i can make out, Lci cars have Angel Eyes on the halogens or the xenons, where as i think Pre Lci only had angel eyes on xenons? (unless you live in japan or something!)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=41

Think this link pictures the lights you are being offered.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendporsche
I havent looked into this at all, but from what i can make out, Lci cars have Angel Eyes on the halogens or the xenons, where as i think Pre Lci only had angel eyes on xenons? (unless you live in japan or something!)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=41

Think this link pictures the lights you are being offered.
+1
Pre lci halogen lights have no halo rings. Pre lci xenon headlights have halo rings.
On Lci cars, all of them come with halo rings though they differ slightly in terms of watts.
      12-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
stabmacho90
Private First Class
Rep

Hi thanks for the answers! So, can I say for LCI headlights, both xenon and halogen are exactly the same except for the bulb and watt? So, if I just want to upgrade to LED bulb, it would be just straight swap if the bulb which I can purchase from the so many choices like CREE etc etc? Am I right?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmacho90 View Post
Hi thanks for the answers! So, can I say for LCI headlights, both xenon and halogen are exactly the same except for the bulb and watt? So, if I just want to upgrade to LED bulb, it would be just straight swap if the bulb which I can purchase from the so many choices like CREE etc etc? Am I right?
LCI halogen headlight and xenons are way different in their shape and funtionality.

If you have halogen headlight on pre-LCI E90, then LCI halogen headlights are straight swap, but LCI xenon will require new footwell module and coding.