E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Wallnut shell blasting Charlotte and Chrleston members

03-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
deltalima0
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Wallnut shell blasting Charlotte and Chrleston members

Thought I would pass this on for members looking to have walnut shell blasting done at a more than reasonable price and if you are willing to travel a little distance to Columbia SC the work is well worth the price and time. To give you an idea of how good a deal, BMW wanted 800 dollars to do here in Columbia, the Charlotte dealer wanted 600 to do so a great deal at 250. I have contact info if anyone is interested.

The work is done from a member that has his own back yard shop, he is a former BMW tech that also owns a E90 335. He uses only BMW OEM attachments and the job done is outstanding he charged me 250 to do and takes about 4 hours to do.

I am at 84K on an 07 E90 you would not believe the shape the valves were in, absolutely caked with buildup so thick that he needed to scrape and knock off the heavy build up then blast clean and blast. My pictures taken from my old iphone are crap so i deleted them

The difference after cleaning is night and day drive ability, smoothness, responsiveness you name it.

Last edited by deltalima0; 03-29-2013 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
nvn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Does he have a website or pictures of his backyard shop? I'm interested in this if you wanna give me any more details. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
deltalima0
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvn View Post
Does he have a website or pictures of his backyard shop? I'm interested in this if you wanna give me any more details. Thanks.
No he does not have a website that I am aware of. He is a regular enthusiast like ourselves. I met him on one of my many trips to the 1/4 mile track he was there with his 335 we got to talking and it went from there.

As for what he has done for me walnut shell blasting and I was there watching the whole time you get to see all work, ask questions whatever. I am not a mechanic but I am FBO meth with and HFS4 meth kit.

Replaced plugs and coils.

He also was able to trouble shoot a botched meth install on my HFS4 kit. The install was originally done by a reputable Charlotte performance shop but it was crap they never did an HFS4 install and were use to JB4 setups that were plug n play vs a more detailed solder job in the ECU.

The solder job was hack and the main culprit was a diode that was suppose to be cut was not cut well enough and partially would get a signal through and kill all boost to car.

He installed his VSRF dp's in 3 hours without a lift and we made the track that night and he broke into the 11s with just JB4 tune dps and DCI's.

He just installed a meth kit on his E90, stealth as hell he did go with the wind shield washer BMS kit.

As for tools from soldering to torches welding you name it he has only thing he lacks is a lift.

I asked if he minded me mentioning this on the forums he said he did not and would do jobs if anyone was interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
CUTigers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [10.00]
2008 e90 335i  [9.00]
I thought everyone was steering clear of the Windshield washer meth kits now a days..... Sounds like he has lots of stuff. That price is a pretty good price for the walnut blasting.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
deltalima0
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers View Post
I thought everyone was steering clear of the Windshield washer meth kits now a days..... Sounds like he has lots of stuff. That price is a pretty good price for the walnut blasting.
No still can be done but to be on safe side a 50/50 mix or less is needed.
Appreciate 0