E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Help from anyone please?

01-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
cormac07
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 58' Reg 320i MSport Le Mans Bl

Question Help from anyone please?

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and im a new owner of a BMW for the first time. I got a '58 reg 320i Msport a few months ago and I was wondering could any of ye help me with a few questions? The first problem I have is that after reading posts on this forum about the cracked alloys im getting very worried because ice got 19" 225'S on my car and im too scared to check if they are cracked and if they are where do i stand? also Ive noticed that my car seems to be going through alot of oil like ive put a litre in over the last two months? this seems alot to me but im new to bmw world! and one last question i topped up my washed fluid about a month ago and the refill light has come on already but i only use them when i need to does anybody know the cause of this?

Im sorry with all the questions and if some of them are stupid. I would be very greatful if anybody could help me and I will try to help anybody i can

Thanks guys

Cormac

p.s. excellent forum by the way
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
AlanIOW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport Convertible

Hi

Welcome to the forum, I can't comment on the 225's as I have 18" on both of my 320's. My 320i E93 seemed to use quite alot of oil initially, 1 Litre after about 6,000mls, but then no more til 15,000 when I changed to a 320D. My 320i also had a leak in the washer bottle from new, I think the light came on about 2 weeks after delivery, I have heard of several cases of faulty washer bottles since. The washer fluid light has just come on for the first time on the 320d at 8,000 mls and 10 months so they do have a large capacity tank. On the E93 model the tank is behind the offside front wheel arch, mine used to leak from the door sill area, when I filled it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
cormac07
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 58' Reg 320i MSport Le Mans Bl

thanks for that info man ill check the water bottle tonight, i see ye guys have done some really nice visual modifications to your cars its got me thinking
Appreciate 0