E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > A_Squared's E90 LCI Headlight Retrofit

02-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #23
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Thanks man! I guess it's possible but would have taken a lot more work. It would likely be a tight fit as well with the shroud the way it is. But anything is possible if you're willing to put in the work. Just didn't seem worth the trouble for me. You'd also likely have to code out the cornering light and figure out where to draw power from for the projector also.
probably right, and not worth the effort. another question, can you get a deamon eye in the inner "projector"?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 11:24 PM   #24
asquared
E39
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosjpt View Post
Quote:
Thanks man! I guess it's possible but would have taken a lot more work. It would likely be a tight fit as well with the shroud the way it is. But anything is possible if you're willing to put in the work. Just didn't seem worth the trouble for me. You'd also likely have to code out the cornering light and figure out where to draw power from for the projector also.
probably right, and not worth the effort. another question, can you get a deamon eye in the inner "projector"?
Well if you are gonna go through the trouble of fitting an inner projector then yes, of course you could probably fit another demon eye LED in there. But if you keep the cornering light like I did, then putting a demon eye just doesn't look right with the lens of the cornering light.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #25
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well if you are gonna go through the trouble of fitting an inner projector then yes, of course you could probably fit another demon eye LED in there. But if you keep the cornering light like I did, then putting a demon eye just doesn't look right with the lens of the cornering light.

i dont have the cornering light, mine just houses the angel eye bulb. what i dont know is what behind the glass, preventing light from shining through. and can it be removed.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 12:58 AM   #26
asquared
E39
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosjpt View Post
Quote:

i dont have the cornering light, mine just houses the angel eye bulb. what i dont know is what behind the glass, preventing light from shining through. and can it be removed.
Ahh gotcha. If you don't have the cornering light there, then it's probably just a dummy lens with nothing behind. I think I walked a friend through his light mod and his was the same. Just doesn't look right putting a demon eye behind it. But to answer your question I think it can be removed. Just up to you what you would replace it with. You could go with a dummy projector if you wanted the dual projector look.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #27
atwal187
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 335d e90 2009

It's a dummy lens, I took it out and replaced it with an actual lens ( not projector but just the lens itself). And put a demon eye behind it for a quad demon eye set up
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #28
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

ok, thanks asquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwal187 View Post
It's a dummy lens, I took it out and replaced it with an actual lens ( not projector but just the lens itself). And put a demon eye behind it for a quad demon eye set up
awsome, what lense did you use? or do you know the size?

do you have some pics of your quad demon eyes?
Appreciate 0