E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Be carefull!!

12-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Be carefull!!

Hey guys, aint been here in a while, back now

so i booked my car in a few days ago to get checked out - some knocking noise when i turn right...

Roads where not bad, got to dealership fine and parked at the service centre. They all seemed surprised that i actually turned up lol. Now im thinking why did i bring it down as they cant even test drive it in the snow? lol ah well, im driving another car, which to be honest, is better than driving the M3 in snow and risking it... anyways, once inside they showed me an M3 edition - guy only owned it for a week and has lost control in the snow, resulting in front end damage! poor guy must be pissed!

So far, over the last 2 days ive seen 2 more e92s crashed on the a13!! One was badly damaged in the rear and side!

As we all know....They rubbish-ish in the snow, so be careful and avoid driving your BMW if you can!

Be Careful, keep safe and enjoy Christmas and new years with your car in one piece
      12-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Hey Wafik - sorry to hear your car is playing up hope they sort it soon!

Did you get an X something to play in the snow in?

Shame about that edition model, the owner must be gutted, as long as no one was injured.

I have popped winters on the M3, turned what was a completely undriveable beast last year into a tolerable crap weather car! News just said they can't see it changing this side of the new year, so hopefully a wsie investment.

Take it steady in the M when you get it back mate.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, lucky i still have my first car, my 56 plate fiesta, which obviously is nothing compared to the M3, but least i wont be as gutted or worried if anything was to happen from driving in this weather...plus i must admit the fiesta does well in the snow.

BMW had no loan cars that day so since they work with enterprise they go me a kia ceed to drive lol but hey...not complaining so for now i have a fiesta and a kia ceed!

They did phone to say they wont be test driving it of course, so i can take it and re-book it or just leave it a while longer, which i decided would be best since i dont really fancy driving it much in the snow as i dont have winter tyres either. I think something is wrong with the rear dif! not good for a car thats done 10k?
      12-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

What did u have done to your M3? Tyres?
      12-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
What did u have done to your M3? Tyres?
Yup, me too. Amazing!
      12-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
Yup, me too. Amazing!
Ah man, now im thinking maybe i should put them too! really as good as they say?
      12-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
DavS1
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Emfree

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
So glad I have my trusty corsa sxi for the snow, it just plough's through and I've not been stuck once while the BM's been parked up the whole time I hit black ice today though, car was all over the place, so yea be carefull!
      12-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
Ah man, now im thinking maybe i should put them too! really as good as they say?

Put a set of Vredestein Wintrac Extreme's on the redundant OEM alloys I had stored at work. They have been nothing short of amazing Wafik. The car was pretty well undriveable last year with near zero grip on the PS2's. This year would have been just the same as the PS2's only have about 50% of the tread left and are just not designed to work in this cold weather.

The Vred's make light work of things - cars slip and slide down my street, I simply drive off my driveway and down the road without a hint of wheelspin and no traction light. Braking is even more impressive with virtually no abs cutting in at all even under quite hard braking.

I recommend them highly and doubt I will drive another winter from now on without them. One kerbed alloy would cost virtually what the tyres did.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
Put a set of Vredestein Wintrac Extreme's on the redundant OEM alloys I had stored at work. They have been nothing short of amazing Wafik. The car was pretty well undriveable last year with near zero grip on the PS2's. This year would have been just the same as the PS2's only have about 50% of the tread left and are just not designed to work in this cold weather.

The Vred's make light work of things - cars slip and slide down my street, I simply drive off my driveway and down the road without a hint of wheelspin and no traction light. Braking is even more impressive with virtually no abs cutting in at all even under quite hard braking.

I recommend them highly and doubt I will drive another winter from now on without them. One kerbed alloy would cost virtually what the tyres did.
ok just last night after reading this i though ok thats it, im going to order them as the snow here is heavy....work up today and theres suddenly no snow what so ever? lol melted all over night! wow that was quick! so i think, i will leave buying winter tyres for now, but will definitely have them next year...for now im just leaving on my spare set of black wheels on!
      12-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry no proper pics but theyre M6 wheels in black...8.5 fronts, 9.5 rears. Awesome concave on front and rears, specially the rears!!
Attached Images

12-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Wafik, did you buy those on here?

They look like my old rims but I forgot who bought them now - Paul [E90210] had them refurbed and sprayed black and looked awesome

If I realised they fitted the M I would never have sold em!!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #12
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Got these ones from someone on ebay...I think they are for 5 series, definitely dont fit the Non M3 e92/e93 as the fronts of mine are flush with the arch with no spacers. Im running 12mm spacers on the rear, looks much more aggressive! Theyre mint, im looking to sell them soon maybe? Thinking i want CSLs?

I think your old ones would not have fitted your M? unless maybe with spacers?
      12-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #13
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
- Paul [E90210] had them refurbed and sprayed black and looked awesome
You mean Paul - e902717

Im not an American tv show

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
ay up buddy, knew you would be along to correct me! Had a party at home tonight and a few too many JD's

Who had those wheels? I can't remember now?

They did look mint tho' after your mini refurb on 'em
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #15
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
Yup, me too. Amazing!
Yup, me three
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #16
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Me four with the 320! Undrivable without them on. NO issue whatsoever even driving across pure ICE I'd be happy on a frozen lake or canal even lol to be honest (Till I sink )
      12-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #17
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post

NO issue whatsoever even driving across pure ICE I'd be happy on a frozen lake or canal even lol to be honest (Till I sink )
I managed the Thames on ordinary tyres, no problems
Appreciate 0