E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Cam Bearings?

07-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
bmdoubleu
Rep
Drives: BMW 06 325i

Cam Bearings?

I have an 06 CPO 325i that I recently purchased about 1 month ago.
I noticed an acceleration problem right away but wasnt sure if it was normal since its the first BMW I have ever driven other than test drives.

I know next to nothing about mechanics or engines but the best way to describe the issue is when am at a dead stop, the car hesitates and has a rough transition into "2nd or 3rd gear". I believe you guys call that a flatspot?

Anyway, after reading the forums, I thought a software update would do the trick. A buddy of mine is a mechanic at the local BMW dealership so I took the car in. Apparently a fault code came back saying the cam bearings needed to be replaced to resolve this issue.

Has anyone heard of this problem and did it successfully fix the flatspot?

The initial mechanic I test drove the car with basically said that there was no issue, he didnt notice anything wrong with the car and said it was all normal.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
bmdoubleu
Rep
Drives: BMW 06 325i

Anyone?
Appreciate 0