Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Axis Sport XMX vs Avant Garde M310

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Axis Sport XMX vs Avant Garde M310

Thinking of spicing up my ride, and getting the new wheels.
Currently I have Style 284 17" stockers on, but won't really want to go to 19"+ wheels driving here in the pot hole ridden NYC.

Axis XMX

M310's

Wheels kinda look the same, and I am wondering if anyone has the Axis' on their car, and can comment on the quality of the product.
The Axis wheels are close out sale at $149/ea.
If I do decide to get the wheels I will pair them with the Conti's DWS tires.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Does weight would matter on your decision? Be aware those Axis XMX are very heavy (almost 24lbs). I was going to purchase those ones but first the weight and second that they're in close out, changed my mind because at tirerack.com, "close out" means: once they're gone, we're not getting any more of them. my 5 cents.

Last edited by AlexGT; 06-07-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Does weight would matter on your decision? Be aware those Axis XMX are very heavy (almost 24lbs). I was going to purchase those ones but first the weight and second that they're in close out, changed my mind because at tirerack.com, "close out" means: once they're gone, we're not getting any more of them. my 5 cents.
I won't mind additional weight, but I have the same concerns for the close out sale - crack the rim beyond repair and you are SOL. Thank you for your input though, I will continue the research - love Avant Garde's but the cost is a bit high for my liking
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90post_user View Post
I won't mind additional weight, but I have the same concerns for the close out sale - crack the rim beyond repair and you are SOL. Thank you for your input though, I will continue the research - love Avant Garde's but the cost is a bit high for my liking
glad to be of assistance in some way.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
MRRwheels
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

e90post user i dont mean to jump the gun but MRR wheels douse have a model thats very similar under our euroTek line up, we offer a great warranty and stand behind our product. all of our wheels are fully tested and are low pressure gravity, the reason i decided to post is because we do have a better price point and you dont have to sacrifice quality.
check out the link is a great alternative http://www.mrrwheels.com/uo2.html

aside from the wheel design is 100% hub centric, offered in staggered fitments and will accept a factory BMW logo, plus we got your back if any problems should come about.
Appreciate 0