E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Woop De Doo!! Picked up 2 days ago!!

09-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
Procureur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 328xi

Woop De Doo!! Picked up 2 days ago!!

Picked up my 330i two days ago (Sept. 16) and wow, definitely worth waiting over 3 months! Drives like such a beauty compared to my old car (Acura RSX) and a million times more comfortable. I can't sleep because I can't wait to start my day and get into the car!

A few questions though, if anyone knows the answer...

1) How does the garage door opener built into the mirrror work? My apartment building's clicker's light goes off after about 4 seconds of holding the button down, and even though I've read the manual about 6 times I can't get it to program (I really don't think it's one of those special ones). Should I just bring it to the dealer?

2) How do you make the car chime when you lock the doors (I have I-drive)? I remember reading on the online manual that you can do this, but maybe my car can't because it's a Canadian model...?

3) Is there ANY way to get rid of that "Fasten Seatbelt" chime that drives me crazy??

4) My Ipod setup is the Belkin Auto Kit with Griffin Airclick and a small male to male cable, but sometimes the audio comes from just 3 or 4 speakers on the driver's side of the car and nothing from the passenger side. A quick readjustment of the position of the wire (even just flicking it) usually corrects this. Could there be a problem with just the cable, or should I worry that it's my aux input?

Thanks.

PS - It's been raining for 3 days straight now here in MTL (I even picked up my car in pouring rain, which sucks) but my Sparkling Graphite still looks semi-clean (which I guess is a good sign). It always looks different, depending on the light reflecting off it (and it usually looks kind of purplish). I love it!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Hey mate, congratulations on getting the car. I can't wait to get mine (Christmas) and I think it will be even worse when I get my hands on it because I will be wanting to drive it everywhere.

I ordered the sparking graphite too on the assumption that it will keep cleaner longer than black, so thanks for confirming it.

Sorry I can't help you with your questions, hope the love doesn't fade too soon!
      09-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procureur
Picked up my 330i two days ago (Sept. 16) and wow, definitely worth waiting over 3 months! Drives like such a beauty compared to my old car (Acura RSX) and a million times more comfortable. I can't sleep because I can't wait to start my day and get into the car!

A few questions though, if anyone knows the answer...

1) How does the garage door opener built into the mirrror work? My apartment building's clicker's light goes off after about 4 seconds of holding the button down, and even though I've read the manual about 6 times I can't get it to program (I really don't think it's one of those special ones). Should I just bring it to the dealer?

2) How do you make the car chime when you lock the doors (I have I-drive)? I remember reading on the online manual that you can do this, but maybe my car can't because it's a Canadian model...?

3) Is there ANY way to get rid of that "Fasten Seatbelt" chime that drives me crazy??

4) My Ipod setup is the Belkin Auto Kit with Griffin Airclick and a small male to male cable, but sometimes the audio comes from just 3 or 4 speakers on the driver's side of the car and nothing from the passenger side. A quick readjustment of the position of the wire (even just flicking it) usually corrects this. Could there be a problem with just the cable, or should I worry that it's my aux input?

Thanks.

PS - It's been raining for 3 days straight now here in MTL (I even picked up my car in pouring rain, which sucks) but my Sparkling Graphite still looks semi-clean (which I guess is a good sign). It always looks different, depending on the light reflecting off it (and it usually looks kind of purplish). I love it!

good times- im going to try to hep you out!!

1) did you remember to clear the memory, i didnt do that my first time and i was like WTF why sint it working...lol...

2) you might not be able to change this yet, it was supposed to be addressesd in the september update...i dont think the dealers have the software yet to update your car, id call your CA though.

3)dont really know, do a search on this forum, i know it was brought a little while ago.

4)it might be the that the cable is loose, my ipod has been awesome since i got the car alst week.

hope that helps!
      09-18-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Hi and welcome.

Answers to your questions:
1. Sorry, cant help as it is not on my car, though someone will soon.
2. I don't even know this one. I set my doors to lock via my idrive when I drive off. I didn't know that door lock chime comes into it.
3. Somehow, due to safety and laws of the land, the chime may not be able to be switched off through standard user controls - even iDrive. You may have to a. put your seatbelt on as I must do where I live or b. put up with the chimes till they stop if you choose not to wear your belt. If anyone else can elaborate.....
4. We have 2 ipods at home - one for each of our sons and we have not used the aux adaptor so I cannot help you. The boys listen to their ipods with their earpices. Again, someone may be able to help but it seems that you already have the answer and it may take a little investigation to narrow down the problem.

Although I am Australian, I have family living in Montreal. Met them in 1977/78 xmas new year a long time ago when I was a long haired teenager and BMWs were not on my favourite cars list yet - only Aston Martins back then.

Enjoy your car and this forum.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
bcaslis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 330i

Congratulations!

1.) Yes, depends on your garage door. I found it took me two attempts at programming to get mine to work. Also, you often need to hold the button for a second or two to get the garage door to open (at least for me).

2.) Not that I know of. It will beep if get the optional alarm installed, but not otherwise that I know of.

3.) Not that I know of.

4.) Haven't tried this yet so I can't help. It almost sounds like you are only getting a partial connection on the cable. I'd see if there was any other cable you could borrow to check if it's only the cable.
      09-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
Procureur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 328xi

Thanks guys.

You're all very helpful and part of the reason why this is by the far the best internet form for cars that I've been to.

This car really is absolutely magnificient...
Appreciate 0