E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > M-Force Design scoop review

11-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
AlanAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i sport manual

M-Force Design scoop review

I installed these a month ago, and it definitely makes a difference. My engine is stock standard (except for Mobil 1 0W40), with 12K mls on a factory air filter (I will replace with AFE when this filter is done.) I notice that engine pulls better at low rpm, and throughout the rpm range, and the throttle response is better - anything that helps with that is worth the price of admission. This is a good mod for when I get the BMS tune.

I got the black scoops after deliberating on the dark gray, but since my car is Sapphire Black, and I didn't want to scoops to distract from the design at the front (my personal preference.) The scoops are not noticeable.

Driving the same loops I normally do, over the month I got an MPG average of 23.8, exactly 1 MPG better than before. Driving 10K mls a year, I save 18 gallons (and payback in 1.5 years), the increase in MPG is a nice bonus.

One additional thing that helps me being in the Arizona heat, is that the engine is now drawing more cold air, and getting less hot air from the radiator (the engine intakes being right above and in front of the radiator.) In the summer, when it's over 100F, the car feels like it down 20 hp, and when you lift the hood, it's seriously hot under there.

The only down side I see is that I'll need to clean the airbox more often, probably once a year - in addition to more air, you're getting more dirt, and probably the reason the factory doesn't do more of a scoop, it seems common sense to have scooped cold air.

Last edited by AlanAZ; 11-21-2009 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
BMW1986
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK

where did you buy them?

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
AlanAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i sport manual

Quote:
where did you buy them?
PM Frank@M-Force_Design I paypal'd $80 and had them in a few days.
Appreciate 0