E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Error Code 2C9C

02-03-2014, 03:27 AM   #23
Joe_L
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
picked it up and it's all good !!! 2 Vacuum hose replaced and it's all good After $330 which i expected more as initially thought it was HPFP.
Hmmm...kinda sounds like you were having the same issue that i had a little while back. I had pretty much the exact same symptoms. Rattling, reduced power message. Got my vacuum lines replaced also and all was good. Apparently its a pretty common issue, but then again what isnt on our cars right??

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924251

Glad you got it fixed though...but $330?? i got mine fixed at active motorwerke for $150 incl parts and labour. But how good does the car feel now? i dunno if yours is the same, but mine felt like a completely new car. so i reckon my lines musta been tearing away for a while.

But on a separate (sorta related) topic, at the moment i really do have an issue with the o2 sensors and am taking it back to Active this Friday to get fixed haha.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #24
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
Did you notice it boosting quicker now?

$330 is kinda rich for $30 worth of hoses! ($100 in labour, $30 for the hoses and $200 you're a sucker tax?)
I havent really step on it yet but i do know that my turbo is back. Yea i know $300 was expensive but i initially send it in for a suspected hpfp failure hence why i send it into bmw for warranty claims ! But oh well hoses tend to fail and it was a small price to pay .

Btw hows your m3 alike car going ? All subframes sorted? But werent u selling the car too shane?
Now: BMW X5 F15 M50d
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #25
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_L View Post
Hmmm...kinda sounds like you were having the same issue that i had a little while back. I had pretty much the exact same symptoms. Rattling, reduced power message. Got my vacuum lines replaced also and all was good. Apparently its a pretty common issue, but then again what isnt on our cars right??

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924251

Glad you got it fixed though...but $330?? i got mine fixed at active motorwerke for $150 incl parts and labour. But how good does the car feel now? i dunno if yours is the same, but mine felt like a completely new car. so i reckon my lines musta been tearing away for a while.

But on a separate (sorta related) topic, at the moment i really do have an issue with the o2 sensors and am taking it back to Active this Friday to get fixed haha.
Man $150 is cheap! But the o2sensor is the one to worry ! Hoped its just the engine playing up for something not so serious. What kinda of problem are u getting now that u might think its the o2sensor? Do you have aftermarket dp?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #26
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
I havent really step on it yet but i do know that my turbo is back. Yea i know $300 was expensive but i initially send it in for a suspected hpfp failure hence why i send it into bmw for warranty claims ! But oh well hoses tend to fail and it was a small price to pay .

Btw hows your m3 alike car going ? All subframes sorted? But werent u selling the car too shane?
AFAIK bmw premium doesn't cover HPFP

Dude all the M3 stuff is in storage, hopefully within the next few months i will get to that!

Yeah had my 335i up on the market, but everyone who enquires only wants to pay market price (low $40's) which is fair enough but it owes me a hell of a lot more then that and im not going to give it away so i will most likely keep her

heres a good diy for anyone who stumbles across this thread whilst searching:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546560
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #27
Joe_L
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92

Quote:
Man $150 is cheap! But the o2sensor is the one to worry ! Hoped its just the engine playing up for something not so serious. What kinda of problem are u getting now that u might think its the o2sensor? Do you have aftermarket dp?
Yep i have 3" VRSF Catless DP's.

So my revs will drop and start jerking for a few seconds (whilst idle and whilst driving), and then revs will go back up and drive normally again. Happens in random intervals between 5-10 mins. Check engine light just recently came on as well. Apart from that, car still seems to be running fine. Although i've been driving like a granny the past couple weeks so as not to aggravate the issue.

Initially thought it might have been the usual suspects...HPFP, coils, spark plugs etc.

But the guys at active ran a check and got an error code for the o2 sensors (bank 1). So they ordered some new sensors and im getting them installed on Friday. Fingers crossed!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #28
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_L View Post
Yep i have 3" VRSF Catless DP's.

So my revs will drop and start jerking for a few seconds (whilst idle and whilst driving), and then revs will go back up and drive normally again. Happens in random intervals between 5-10 mins. Check engine light just recently came on as well. Apart from that, car still seems to be running fine. Although i've been driving like a granny the past couple weeks so as not to aggravate the issue.

Initially thought it might have been the usual suspects...HPFP, coils, spark plugs etc.

But the guys at active ran a check and got an error code for the o2 sensors (bank 1). So they ordered some new sensors and im getting them installed on Friday. Fingers crossed!!!

hopefully thats all it needs. but FYI I had the 2c9c code thrown up too and it's the 02sensor but it's only the hose thats needs changing. Hopefully thats all it needs. keep me inform how you go
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #29
fo55il
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hmmmmm interesting. Could be something similar with mine. But I'm not really losing boost.

Will lkeeo u guys in the loop of my "endeavors" lol

Glad u back on track.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #30
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo55il View Post
Hmmmmm interesting. Could be something similar with mine. But I'm not really losing boost.

Will lkeeo u guys in the loop of my "endeavors" lol

Glad u back on track.
Have you bought a new catless dp or r u just replacing your o2 sensors?
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #31
keungleung
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i msport

Quote:
AFAIK bmw premium doesn't cover HPFP
Mine didn't go but I was told it does cover the HPFP. I think the premium selection warranty is different to the Allianz one which BMW also offers on their used cars.

I'm actually surprised how much the premium selection warranty covers. In the last year I had a new alloy for the cracked 225m, wheel alignment, water pump, thermostat, new spark plugs, new coil, new filters, oil top up & service, pressure values, software upgrade, plus the free taxi and towing when water pump went. No charge for anything all year round. Even had a loan car once when I booked early.

I even took it to a different dealership to the one I purchased the car from, no questions asked. In fact I have a feeling they wanted to do more. When the water pump went they told me they changed the thermostat just in case, when the vaccum line had a slight leak they decided to change both pressure values just in case. I didn't even ask for it and I would actually recommend Canterbury BMW after my experience there so far.

Now I actually think the premium selection warranty on a BMW is actually worth paying the extra for.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #32
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keungleung View Post
Mine didn't go but I was told it does cover the HPFP. I think the premium selection warranty is different to the Allianz one which BMW also offers on their used cars.

I'm actually surprised how much the premium selection warranty covers. In the last year I had a new alloy for the cracked 225m, wheel alignment, water pump, thermostat, new spark plugs, new coil, new filters, oil top up & service, pressure values, software upgrade, plus the free taxi and towing when water pump went. No charge for anything all year round. Even had a loan car once when I booked early.

I even took it to a different dealership to the one I purchased the car from, no questions asked. In fact I have a feeling they wanted to do more. When the water pump went they told me they changed the thermostat just in case, when the vaccum line had a slight leak they decided to change both pressure values just in case. I didn't even ask for it and I would actually recommend Canterbury BMW after my experience there so far.

Now I actually think the premium selection warranty on a BMW is actually worth paying the extra for.
Did u have to pay for the thermostat to be change ? Coz its not under the warranty coz i paid for the thermostat but not the waterpump.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #33
drjekl
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Hmm I reckon its at the dealers discretion what they wish to do/cover for you. My dealer wouldnt warrant a faulty earth bolt to the motor mount (I had starting issues) under the premium select warranty as it was a 'consumable item'...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #34
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hmm I reckon its at the dealers discretion what they wish to do/cover for you. My dealer wouldnt warrant a faulty earth bolt to the motor mount (I had starting issues) under the premium select warranty as it was a 'consumable item'...
Yeha I mena it's fair enough with the wear and tear parts Ie Hoses. But if the HPFP goes it should be under warranty!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #35
fo55il
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Have you bought a new catless dp or r u just replacing your o2 sensors?
my dp's are floating around Australia somewhere waiting to be delivered.

SO i will be changing them and doing the 02 sensors.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #36
keungleung
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah might be, cause they actually did charge me for the "vaccum hoses" since they did say it's consumable or something (but it was only like $40), they said the labour and the pressure valves which were the expensive part of it they would do under warranty. Funny thing was that there was nothing wrong with the valves but it's meant to be done according to BMW when they detect a leak in the hose.

The thing I was surprised with was all 6 spark plugs, a coil pack and 3 filters that they changed as part of the oil service and that was all free, I would have thought that would be consumable. They even found some blub holders in my lights that needed replacing and did that during the service.

Kaitan - they didn't charge me for the thermostat, same thing, they said it's something that's supposed to be replaced when the water pump gets replaced according to BMW
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #37
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah might be, cause they actually did charge me for the "vaccum hoses" since they did say it's consumable or something (but it was only like $40), they said the labour and the pressure valves which were the expensive part of it they would do under warranty. Funny thing was that there was nothing wrong with the valves but it's meant to be done according to BMW when they detect a leak in the hose.

The thing I was surprised with was all 6 spark plugs, a coil pack and 3 filters that they changed as part of the oil service and that was all free, I would have thought that would be consumable. They even found some blub holders in my lights that needed replacing and did that during the service.

Kaitan - they didn't charge me for the thermostat, same thing, they said it's something that's supposed to be replaced when the water pump gets replaced according to BMW
Did you buy the car from Canterbury themselves? but they didnt charged u for the thermostat thats good man!! they charged me for mine !! Not the waterpump but the thermostats yes!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #38
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keungleung
Quote:

William you are extremely lucky that you had most of the consumables covered by the warranty.

What Canterbury did to your car was extremely gracious and generous. Did you have the same SA when you brought your car to service?
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #39
keungleung
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
William you are extremely lucky that you had most of the consumables covered by the warranty.

What Canterbury did to your car was extremely gracious and generous. Did you have the same SA when you brought your car to service?
Kaitan - I bought the car from Kloster up at Newcastle and I had issues with them fixing stuff when I was picking up the car, had to take it back multiple times to get like seat belt extender changed and stuff, they kept (bsing and saying they 'fixed' it, only after like taking it 3 times did they finally replace it). They even 'fixed' my cracked rims by welding instead of replacing, that's when I asked BMW Australia head office and they said that's not to policy, take it back!

I started going to Canterbury cause I told Kloster I ain't driving up to Newcastle again, go authorize Canterbury to replace my rim and stuff. They just needed email from one service adviser to authorize another for the work.

Zen - I actually had different Service Advisers at Canterbury over time, to be honest they won't like extremely friendly or anything, they would just put my key in the holder, tell me what their fixing for me this time, sign here... I think the computer brings up wanted needed to be changed, like sparks and filters and coil when they plugged the key in (or the fact it was standard at 60,000kms?)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #40
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Zen - I actually had different Service Advisers at Canterbury over time, to be honest they won't like extremely friendly or anything, they would just put my key in the holder, tell me what their fixing for me this time, sign here... I think the computer brings up wanted needed to be changed, like sparks and filters and coil when they plugged the key in (or the fact it was standard at 60,000kms?)
Yeah 60,000km apprently BMW replaces the spark plugs, oil filters and the aircon micro-filter. That's what the SA told me last time I was at the dealership when I had the battery cable recall done. No mention on the coil so I guess if they didn't detect any fault from diagnostic or from the owner's input they just disregard it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 03:30 AM   #41
fo55il
Banned
Australia
Rep

DEFEATED. attempted DP installation at home. Apart from the melbourne heat i just couldnt get my hands in to undo the pre cat 02 sensors.

i tried, i failed, i learnt. hahah
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #42
Dcara
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo55il;*****081
DEFEATED. attempted DP installation at home. Apart from the melbourne heat i just couldnt get my hands in to undo the pre cat 02 sensors.

i tried, i failed, i learnt. hahah
Were you abe to find a dyi on replacing the sensor? I can't see where the connector in the engine bay is on my 07 335. Not where it screws into the down pipe, but where the cable plugs in.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #43
krukedking
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 xi

I have the 2c9c problem now. I have had new vrsf downpipes installed. New index 12 injectors, new water pump and a walnut blast. After getting the 2c9c code I replaced bank1 pre cat sensor. Same code still. So I switched the top two plugs im under engine cover and got 2C9C Lambda probe heating in front of catalytic converter, input signal
2C9D Lambda probe heating in front of catalytic converter 2, input signal.

So I'm super confused. I did check the fuse behind the glove box and it's still good.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 08:18 PM   #44
krukedking
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 xi

Bump
Appreciate 0