E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2007 335i clutch won't work HELP!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #67
apme123
First Lieutenant
apme123's Avatar
5
Rep
321
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 Honda S2000
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

iTrader: (0)

my friend hydro locked his engine in his 2007 335i, when pulling the engine the dealership noticed the clutch was gone, clutch and flywheel and pressure plate were covered, my friend had to pay the CPO deductible and that's it
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #68
07lilredwagon
Lieutenant
07lilredwagon's Avatar
7
Rep
527
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328 wagon
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I think you finally got them closer to a slightly more "reasonable" price.

We have been taken to school by manipulative shop owners who made us feel cornered and without options. That is why we now are very specific with what we want and what we DONT want done...you have to verbally outline everything up front. ( most of us dont know whats involved in a complicated job and dont know how to outline what we dont want....we are hoping to be dealing with an honest mechanic who has integrity....but often find we are just part of a larger system that has 8 ways from sunday to manipulate you.)

Biggest thing we came away with was this: Always tell any mechanic that you want no work done unless you give the verbal go ahead. outline up front what the diagnosis will cost, or at least get an estimate in writing!.....

You have one thing before you commit to any work being done. TIME. take it!...ask your questions elsewhere and get all the info you can, then go back the next day with a plan. They will be ready for you either way.....

I swear they try to derail you just for the sadistic pleasure of it all!...

I think you did well in the end. Good for you for sticking to your guns.

JP
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #69
Affify11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
275
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahomo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apme123
my friend hydro locked his engine in his 2007 335i, when pulling the engine the dealership noticed the clutch was gone, clutch and flywheel and pressure plate were covered, my friend had to pay the CPO deductible and that's it
Yea but see my clutch was in a billion pieces (Not literally) and im the 3rd owner. BMW NA even said they can't assist me so I'm not sure if they just don't want to cover it or they are being legit about the used car warranty because now they said it will be covered when I was told by everyone else it shouldn't? Am I in good standing or should convince them to cover more? I do have the 50$ deductible agreement. Had to pay it plenty of times when fixing the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #70
Affify11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
275
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahomo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lilredwagon
I think you finally got them closer to a slightly more "reasonable" price.

We have been taken to school by manipulative shop owners who made us feel cornered and without options. That is why we now are very specific with what we want and what we DONT want done...you have to verbally outline everything up front. ( most of us dont know whats involved in a complicated job and dont know how to outline what we dont want....we are hoping to be dealing with an honest mechanic who has integrity....but often find we are just part of a larger system that has 8 ways from sunday to manipulate you.)

Biggest thing we came away with was this: Always tell any mechanic that you want no work done unless you give the verbal go ahead. outline up front what the diagnosis will cost, or at least get an estimate in writing!.....

You have one thing before you commit to any work being done. TIME. take it!...ask your questions elsewhere and get all the info you can, then go back the next day with a plan. They will be ready for you either way.....

I swear they try to derail you just for the sadistic pleasure of it all!...

I think you did well in the end. Good for you for sticking to your guns.

JP
Tbh If I was in my hometown this wouldn't have been a problem but since I was far from home and the fact that I was suppose to leave the night it broke down made me panic and had no where to take it but the dealer. I really didn't want to tow my car all around jersey to find an indy because I broke down on the Parkway a good 2 hrs away from where I stayed. It's all good now, parts should come in tomorrow and hopefully they said it will be done by tomorrow night!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #71
Blackhawk36
Lieutenant
Blackhawk36's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
545
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i 6MT No iDrive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Pay the $2,800 and run. The MSRP on the flywheel is $1,200. You are probably getting the best deal you can at this point.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #72
Affify11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
275
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahomo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk36
Pay the $2,800 and run. The MSRP on the flywheel is $1,200. You are probably getting the best deal you can at this point.
Will do! After tax its 2996$ still a better deal!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #73
Affify11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
275
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahomo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [2.50]
All is good guys! Cars running great, Craig from open road BMW took good care of me. Should have asked for him to begin with!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST