E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > LED rings for pre LCI

09-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350 F Sport

LED rings for pre LCI

Does anyone know of a shop / someone who stocks the correct parts and is able to do quality work to insert angel eyes LED rings into pre-LCI halogen light assembly?

I think DEPO makes the LED rings assembly designed to fit pre-LCI lights but I can't track down the part number and a stockist.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

I've done LED rings into depo branded pre-lci headlights... not sure how it would work on OEM halogen headlights as there is nowhere for the light ring to 'sit'... that can be solved with a bit of epoxy but I'm unsure as to the finish.

If there is a specific part out there I'll do some googling and try and find it.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
Del1873
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: July 2008 E90 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
I've done LED rings into depo branded pre-lci headlights... not sure how it would work on OEM halogen headlights as there is nowhere for the light ring to 'sit'... that can be solved with a bit of epoxy but I'm unsure as to the finish.

If there is a specific part out there I'll do some googling and try and find it.

How easy was it to open the headlight i live in uk and cant get a hold of any angel eye headlights with led rings only seems to be in germany and usa
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del1873 View Post
How easy was it to open the headlight i live in uk and cant get a hold of any angel eye headlights with led rings only seems to be in germany and usa
Depends if you've done it before and how mechanically minded you are.

First time I did it it took ages, but these days ill be able to open a headlight in 15-20mins so yeh it's definitely a possible DIY just give yourself plenty of time first time around
Appreciate 0