E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My 335d Build Thread

12-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

He must be loving business lol. Look forward to pics mate!
      12-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
Tyso335
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
He must be loving business lol. Look forward to pics mate!
haha uve made him rich haha

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
106turbo
Boost Junkie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 106 Gti T

I really like this mate! Where did you get the bmw badges from? Also what brand of led halo bulb did you use? Im thinking of changing my yellow halo's to a brighter white.

Currently 311bhp Atf.. Soon to be 300bhp Atw

E91 320D Workhorse
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #26
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 106turbo View Post
I really like this mate! Where did you get the bmw badges from? Also what brand of led halo bulb did you use? Im thinking of changing my yellow halo's to a brighter white.
cheers dude, got my badges from ebay this is the sellers name angel-lights-uk search him and hes got badges in his shop full sets ive just put my front and rear badges on to dont get the halos i did mine broke after few days on one side and the company replied a few times then never replied again so stay away from maxautos on ebay dude. search forum there few threads about angel eyes def a good mod ssdd-motorsport sell some good ones mate

hope you sorted your tyres ok

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #27
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

yea tyson!!!! mods look good! which spoiler are you going for now?

you still thinking of upgrading your audio? whats the plans? its never ending aint it haha
      12-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #28
skelts
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Car is looking well mate . What was wrong with the spoiler and as above what one you getting?

Audi RS5 - Sold
BMW 640d Gran Coupe
BMW F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
yea tyson!!!! mods look good! which spoiler are you going for now?

you still thinking of upgrading your audio? whats the plans? its never ending aint it haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelts View Post
Car is looking well mate . What was wrong with the spoiler and as above what one you getting?
ive just gone for the m3 spoiler wana go for a fresh smooth look so didnt think the carbon one went and it was poor quality anyway.

cars coming along thanks mate few more months and will b alot nicer i hope

mite upgrade audio im not sure yet. if its at the rite price dont wana go spending loads wana get outside done first.

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #30
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

UPDATE....

Spolier arrived yesterday from BC MOTO excellent quality really happy with is so fitted it today
The spoiler

Before pics

After pics

thats the spoiler comments welcome

heres the new badges ive got for bonnet and boot on...

a pic of the car so far

the driveway

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
dazza88
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 330d

The spoiler is such a subtle mod but makes a massive difference! Looks great so far! Where did you get the numberplate lights from?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza88 View Post
The spoiler is such a subtle mod but makes a massive difference! Looks great so far! Where did you get the numberplate lights from?
cheers buddy yeh it makes a big difference. got them from SSDD-motorsport mate

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #33
dazza88
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyso335 View Post
Thanks, I take its they don't throw any errors up on the dash?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I take its they don't throw any errors up on the dash?
no mate there about £30 i think mate

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #35
dazza88
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
no mate there about £30 i think mate
Thanks fella, will go take a look on there website. Had them on my e46 and makes the car look so much more modern. Again a simple mod with a big difference
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks fella, will go take a look on there website. Had them on my e46 and makes the car look so much more modern. Again a simple mod with a big difference
yeh it does mate go for it you wont be disappointed

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #37
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Top man! Spoiler looks spot on!
      12-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #38
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Top man! Spoiler looks spot on!
cheers dude im wel happy

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #39
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Spoiler looks great as does the car generally.

If you want any advice on audio let me know! Although I don't do 'cheap' hahaha.

Nice to see a good looking wee 335d!

Going to look at a front lip or etc? More aggressive rear bumper maybe?

What's next?
      12-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #40
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Spoiler looks great as does the car generally.

If you want any advice on audio let me know! Although I don't do 'cheap' hahaha.

Nice to see a good looking wee 335d!

Going to look at a front lip or etc? More aggressive rear bumper maybe?

What's next?
thanks dude, well im gona get wheels and coilovers next then i reckon look at audio but might be able to squeeze that in at the same time to i spoke to sam (awbimmer) and he said about getting the Hertz set up??? what you think? i dont wana go putting big subs in boot i want it all hidden really.

i have been thinking about a front lip on SSDD website the type H one piece splitter. what you think??

ive got an idea of my own for my rear bumper nothing to special will just finish it off cause i really like the standard one anyway. what was you thinking then dude?

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 04:06 AM   #41
philmots
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring LCI

Quote:
Have you got a pic at night. I fancy some LED ones but I don't want them any brighter than OEM LCI ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #42
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I too have the SSDD Plate lights and love them.. makes a world of differen that £25-£30 lol. Often the less expensive mods seem to make the most difference.. take the spolier for £40 odd, the license lights etc..

Tyso.. depending on your budget dude, you can either got the HERTZ set up ESK 163L which is a plug and play almost and comes as a 3 way to replace your front door speakers, replace your underseat drivers and also adds tweeters.. that'll more than suffice your needs as by the sounds of it, you don't wanna go 'all' out.

Bear in mind though that if you DO go down the hertz ESK 163L route, you won't have much of a bass as the underseat drivers in the hertz range is also 6.5" (same as your OEM one). Yes they'll be better than OEM sound and yes you'll definitely notice a difference, don't expect much bass.

The other route is to find a 2 way component (i.e. Focal 100KRS) and separately buy underseat drivers such as SWS-Earthquakes (PM me if you want a linky) or JEHNERTS XE200. Both of these are 8", they'll fit quite easily in the same space as the OEM underseat drivers and deliver a more of a thumpy bass given the larger cone diameter and possibly more power compared to the hertz.

I know it's a lot to digest if you're new but we've all been there and asked a million and one questions (esp me) so keep questioning and work out what you want.

Ofcourse the latter set up (Focal 100KRS) and Earthquake shallow subs (which is what alot of people on here have - See B33M3R thread, including myself in my previous E90, it was a world apart from standard set up) will come with a slightly heftier price tag when compared to buying the Hertz ESK 163L but it also means you get a much better SQ.

Don't forget you'll either need to recode your HU to HIFI or get yourself a sound processor... of the ones, Helix (talk to Mob17), JL Cleansweep, Audison Bit One / Bit Ten and JBL MS8 seem to the most popular but again do add to your budget significantly... keep your eye on German ebay as they often have these listed.

You'll need wiring (alot on here get theirs shipped from across the pond, including myself on 2 occasions) from a guy called TECHNIC. He specifically designs these as Plug and Play so it means you do not cut/splice/tamper with any OEM wiring.. handy for when you come to sell the car .. and the wiring is obviously transferable on to your next BMW of course Let me know if you need more on that. Alternatively it can be sourced from the UK and some one here will be able to help you on this but I have no experience in that and you'll have to start your own thread I guess to track down these people :-) To get it shipped from the US including shipping and all handling costs etc cost about £120-£130 all in and TECHNIC is even happy to mark down the price labelling on the customs form so you don't get stung by customs.

Apart from that dude, you'll need door speaker spacers which is about £20-£30 in total, underseat spacers IF you chose to get the Jehnerts/SWS or Kicker 8". If you get the HERTZ ESK 163L, you won't need underseat spacers as the speaker sizes of 6.5" remain the same..

Some sound deadening on door cards if you wish and you are ready to rock bud!

Long I know but worth knowing if you're planning to upgrade.. plenty of info on here dude shout for any help/pointers
      12-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #43
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I too have the SSDD Plate lights and love them.. makes a world of differen that £25-£30 lol. Often the less expensive mods seem to make the most difference.. take the spolier for £40 odd, the license lights etc..

Tyso.. depending on your budget dude, you can either got the HERTZ set up ESK 163L which is a plug and play almost and comes as a 3 way to replace your front door speakers, replace your underseat drivers and also adds tweeters.. that'll more than suffice your needs as by the sounds of it, you don't wanna go 'all' out.

Bear in mind though that if you DO go down the hertz ESK 163L route, you won't have much of a bass as the underseat drivers in the hertz range is also 6.5" (same as your OEM one). Yes they'll be better than OEM sound and yes you'll definitely notice a difference, don't expect much bass.

The other route is to find a 2 way component (i.e. Focal 100KRS) and separately buy underseat drivers such as SWS-Earthquakes (PM me if you want a linky) or JEHNERTS XE200. Both of these are 8", they'll fit quite easily in the same space as the OEM underseat drivers and deliver a more of a thumpy bass given the larger cone diameter and possibly more power compared to the hertz.

I know it's a lot to digest if you're new but we've all been there and asked a million and one questions (esp me) so keep questioning and work out what you want.

Ofcourse the latter set up (Focal 100KRS) and Earthquake shallow subs (which is what alot of people on here have - See B33M3R thread, including myself in my previous E90, it was a world apart from standard set up) will come with a slightly heftier price tag when compared to buying the Hertz ESK 163L but it also means you get a much better SQ.

Don't forget you'll either need to recode your HU to HIFI or get yourself a sound processor... of the ones, Helix (talk to Mob17), JL Cleansweep, Audison Bit One / Bit Ten and JBL MS8 seem to the most popular but again do add to your budget significantly... keep your eye on German ebay as they often have these listed.

You'll need wiring (alot on here get theirs shipped from across the pond, including myself on 2 occasions) from a guy called TECHNIC. He specifically designs these as Plug and Play so it means you do not cut/splice/tamper with any OEM wiring.. handy for when you come to sell the car .. and the wiring is obviously transferable on to your next BMW of course Let me know if you need more on that. Alternatively it can be sourced from the UK and some one here will be able to help you on this but I have no experience in that and you'll have to start your own thread I guess to track down these people :-) To get it shipped from the US including shipping and all handling costs etc cost about £120-£130 all in and TECHNIC is even happy to mark down the price labelling on the customs form so you don't get stung by customs.

Apart from that dude, you'll need door speaker spacers which is about £20-£30 in total, underseat spacers IF you chose to get the Jehnerts/SWS or Kicker 8". If you get the HERTZ ESK 163L, you won't need underseat spacers as the speaker sizes of 6.5" remain the same..

Some sound deadening on door cards if you wish and you are ready to rock bud!

Long I know but worth knowing if you're planning to upgrade.. plenty of info on here dude shout for any help/pointers
thats very helpful cheers bud think id go with ur second option sounds best to me with the better bass and that. will have to start collecting all the bits to gether bit by bit
so what size door speakers do you need?

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #44
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

1" tweeter.. 4" door and by what you've said.. 8" underseats. That way you'll not really need any subs in the back and it should sound very good in the end.

Focal 100KRS are very good but some may say the tweeters sound quite harsh. I also found that too but only after listening to what others had in their car.. all this can ofcourse be altered from your HU and/or the processor. They're excellent speakers otherwise and get a tonne of good reviews :-) They come as 2 x 1" tweeters, 2 x Crossovers and 2 x 4" door speakers which fits directly in the same place as the OEM door spkrs however, you'll need some adaptors / rings whatever they're called to fit too as these aftermarket speakers have 3 mounting holes and the OEM ones have 4 mounting holes .. so you'll need the adaptors/rings to put in place.. again fairly cheap.. think these are the ones..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907406223...84.m1423.l2649

You'll need to also buy tweeter pods to house the tweeters, directly from BMW which cost no more than £25 for both inc VAT. Give me a call tell em the REG of your car - job done

Sam.