E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

04-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #2553
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtnard View Post
You can turn that off to get true speed....look for the V_DIGITAL_KORRECTOR
OK Thanks! it was set to activ, will put nicht_activ!

What about the check engine light after programing the Kombi module, any way to get rid of it?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #2554
GTiceman
Parrothead
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M40i   [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bv1 View Post
Does anyone know if this applies to the JB4 (Map2) on a N54? This thread is too unwieldy to read the entire thing.
as far as I know you need to put your JB4 on map 0 to code
See Garage for Mods
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #2555
vtnard
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
OK Thanks! it was set to activ, will put nicht_activ!

What about the check engine light after programing the Kombi module, any way to get rid of it?
What did you change in the module
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #2556
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

You can use INPA to read and clear error codes. I just learned how to do it recently. Below are the instructions for my 2008 E90.

Scan Your Whole Car
1-Start INPA
2-Press F9 to select E90
3-Click Functional Jobs
4-Press Enter
5-Press F4 to select E90
6-Press F4 to select Error Memory
7-Press F1 to Read Error Memory

Get Detail Info About The Error
Once you've figured out where your error is, you can go back and re-perform step 1 + 2. For step 3, instead of picking Functional Jobs on the right side, look on the left side and choose one of the items you're having the error in.

For example, if you have an error with Kombi (instrument panel), click KAROSSERIE > Instrument Panel > Error > READ Error Detail. You can clear your error there if you want.

Let us know if this works.

Last edited by Neutrino45; 04-04-2011 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #2557
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtnard View Post
What did you change in the module
I changed the 3 Parameters in Kombi for the shift indicator in 6mt.
After the CEL light, I put everything back to original settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
You can use INPA to read and clear error codes. I just learned how to do it recently. Below are the instructions for my 2008 E90.

Scan Your Whole Car
1-Start INPA
2-Press F9 to select E90
3-Click Functional Jobs
4-Press Enter
5-Press F4 to select E90
6-Press F4 to select Error Memory
7-Press F1 to Read Error Memory

Once you've figured out where your error is, you can go back and re-perform step 1 + 2. For step 3, instead of picking Functional Jobs on the right side, look on the left side and choose one of the items you're having the error in.

For example, if you have an error with Kombi (instrument panel), click KAROSSERIE > Instrument Panel > Error > READ Error Detail. You can clear your error there if you want.

Let us know if this works.
If I get an error for the airbag check (at beginning of instructions) will I still be able to read the errors with INPA?
      04-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #2558
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

yes, you can still detect clear codes even if you recieved the check airbag error. it works for me even though i had the airbag error.
      04-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #2559
uno
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Great reference.
Can I code to unlock all 4 doors at one click on FOB? Thanks a lot.
      04-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #2560
matrix76
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Black/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
Great reference.
Can I code to unlock all 4 doors at one click on FOB? Thanks a lot.
You can set that in your OBC

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #2561
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix76 View Post
You can set that in your OBC
+1...setting under bc stalk menu
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #2562
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
is there a line to disable the windows down feature with the key fob?
I believe it's KOMFORTOEFFNEN_FB_O_SHD, or KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB if you want to prevent the sunroof and convertible from opening as well if you have either. Or you could just not hold down your keyfob's unlock button.

Last edited by jphughan; 04-04-2011 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Corrected code
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #2563
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Hi
I need a working ebay link to buy a perfect cable for coding my 01/2007 E92
(alarm beep, sunroof etc etc) with NCS expert

tnx
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #2564
Toad335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
Hi
I need a working ebay link to buy a perfect cable for coding my 01/2007 E92
(alarm beep, sunroof etc etc) with NCS expert

tnx
Just search on eBay...K+DCAN
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #2565
zz6938
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpf View Post
Registered here to clear up few things:

True

Partially true, I am German, but not from Munich

True, it's mainly about cost, most people would not be ready to pay 3-4 times the price just for the device being made in Europe or the US.
(IC's are mostly imported here, and often more expensive than outside of China, except you buy some 2nd hand stuff that got de-soldered and refurbished from old trashed equipment... But yes, all the stuff around, such as cables, connectors, casings, PCBs, labor costs are way lower than in Europe or the US, and there is a good infrastructure available here serving also small time manufacturing companies)

Quality of a product depends on the Material you purchase (You can't simply make gold out of wood), on the company that provides labor such as assembling, the mechanical as well as the electronic design and of course on a good QC.

Most electronic items that are available nowadays are made in china, all the apple products, 99,9% of the laptop, notebooks and netbooks available, TV's, DVD players. Those items are produced in high quantity and cost saving is also a big issue here, because the consumer is NOT willing to pay a high price for an item like this (take the dvd players for example.. PC motherboards, graphiccards...) Since those kind of items are produced in quantity for export and you purchase them locally - at the shop down your road.. you won't hear many complains about them.. most of those items are just fine. For niche business such as those cables - new, small companies see the demand and simply join by doing and selling such kind of equipment and they will do it "the cheapest route" because they don't actually know what they are selling and they actually don't care, they just try to keep the cost at a minimum to maximize their profits...

If you take the cheapest route in China, non electronically tested PCB's from a 2nd or 3rd grade factory, 2nd hand components (AKA refurbs), bad mechanical design and a non effective or non existent QC - and this is what many of those companies do (to save cost and maximize profits) of course the results are bad, and I am sure everyone here have seen at least one product like that, some a few more. China doesn't have the best name in those terms, and yes a lot of things like this are happening here, but they also happen with a reason, people expect to get everything for free, and even if a product is sold at a reasonable price there is competition going on and one company will look for ways and means to offer a cheaper price to the wholesalers and consumers. (this trend that is going on like forever already is mainly caused by consumers, because they want more and more for paying less, and companies have no choice but to follow this kind of trend because otherwise they aren't competitive)

A good friend of mine told me a long time ago, in china you can get anything - at/for any price, problem is that you will have to accept the quality. "You get what you pay for" - And this is more or less true, there will be always someone somewhere "trying to" do it for less, but there are thresholds and once you step under them, you will have to suffer from the results. There is a lot of demand for all kind of material and components in mainland china, and it really depends on in which kind of equipment they will be used, for certain things where there is a lot of competition going on you can expect the cheapest stuff, those are mainly high quantity junk products, such as toys, remote controls / receivers for them, cheap electronic gadgets and so on.

Anyway, enough about the "backgrounds" and back to what we sell:
- We only use new components, we do NOT use second hand stuff
- All the hardware design is done by myself, we spend money on hardware to achieve a mechanical stability where others only uses wires and glue.
- We know how our items work and we can make a proper QC (I use a special canbridge I built for the DCAN to check if the can part works fine, means data gets send an received over the can interfacing from and to the PC)
- We also do a optical inspection as well as a "power consumption" test on it to check for any irregularities.
- I do have tons of BMW ECU's and access to certain cars here.

The first DCAN cables we sold had dual K-Line (PIN7 and 8 joined, the time I made that it was fine to do that, since DCAN equipped cars did not use pin8 at all, and for many older Kline cars it was a must be to cover pin8 as well to be fully backward compatible, it turned out that BMW now "re-used" that pin8 for the latest cars that got ethernet available on the OBD2 connector, and pin8 is doing the activation for that ethernet interface.. since pin8 was covered by us with it's original use as a 2nd Kline there will be connection problems on those new cars. But the solution is simple, all you have to do is disconnect pin8 from the interface to work on those cars. Many of the other interfaces never had this "issue" because they never covered the 2nd kline (pin8).

We also do sell a OBD/ADS Interface, and till today it's still the only full working (industrially made) device on the market. (Not sure myself why others haven't copied it yet, maybe not interesting enough)

Exactly, shit happens, and it can happen to anyone with anything - anywhere.

To GenePoole:
The OBD2 Interface on the left is based on a board / circuit design I did many years ago, It's function is based on the appnote from BMW covering all functions incl. fast mode pullup switching, power & ignition feedback etc.
The whole circuit does not have much in common with their original one, it's by far superior, but many of the ic's I used that time are not available anymore and got replaced by newer (also cheaper) models.
However, we always used a PCB with pinheader to connect the OBD2 connector to the board - so this one is a "copy" of my old circuit / board design, they just copied it 1:1 incl. all prints on the board.

Middle is a DCAN as sold by ECUtool.com, right one is another DCAN from an unknown source, first time I see this board.

Thank you for reading

Phil

Phil,

What is the ebay link for the DCAN cable? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #2566
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaykal View Post
Phil,

Page 1, Post: 1

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #2567
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaykal View Post
Phil,

I have a brand new cable for 85$ shipped. Comes with a dvd and driver.
      04-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #2568
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
As a place marker

For everyone needing link to the proper eBay cable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-I...item2eb448faae

Currently sold for Buy It Now @ $119 or 'Make Offer' - apparently he will accept $90
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #2569
zz6938
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIC328i View Post
Has anyone been able to successfully disable the side amber lights on E92 when headlights are on?
go to page 16 post 314

search sidemarker
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #2570
malastic
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ///M kit

Is it possible with this cable and software to activate the voice control? My car had a professional navigator, I have the original bluetooth I have later, but does not the voice control.
Regards,
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #2571
Alex@Helix
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bv1 View Post
Does anyone know if this applies to the JB4 (Map2) on a N54? This thread is too unwieldy to read the entire thing.
you need to be on map 0 to code with the JB4 in
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #2572
zz6938
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx View Post
its a reason it took me so long to post.
thanks for everything you have done. great work.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #2573
lionheart90k
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

hey anyone got the codes for unlocking all the doors when key fob is ejected/when engine is switched off? it kinda disappeared from the spreadsheet

Andre
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #2574
matrix76
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Black/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart90k View Post
hey anyone got the codes for unlocking all the doors when key fob is ejected/when engine is switched off? it kinda disappeared from the spreadsheet

Andre
Auto Unlock in CAS ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR

Appreciate 0