E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Meth kit advice

02-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #23
Trevor008
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLow335i View Post
Engines don't blow and HIV doesn't kill people.

Im glad you are happy with your decision - but every comment I made DOES apply to the N54. Just because engines haven't blown does not mean it is reliable lol. You have just become complacent and okay with the fact that your car knocks like hell until the dme protects you. Like I said - you run a shit ton of meth so its not a big deal - its the people that don't. You can argue all you want with me - but the truth is my statements are accurate. The jb tunes work. There hasn't been blown motors - but that isn't because the JB is a good tune. Unfortunately what I am talking about isn't common sense - it is loggable fact. If you would like me to show you I would be more than happy to. Go turn off your meth and log the first 10 pulls. All those knock events = things that a tune are supposed to prevent. If you understood what happens for the timing to become stable on a car not running meth you would agree. But i know it's easier not to care or understand Anyways - I am done arguing the JB stuff to people who are of the school of thought that knock is acceptable for a little while and that its okay because "engines haven't blown". No one can reason with illogical logic - so why should I try. I know you believe that what you say is good logic - so I won't waste my time. Like I said - you run meth so you have no issues. You won't blow even if you didn't. So in your eyes that tune is reliable and I don't want you to be unhappy with your decision so I am finished.

Penn - if you want to swing by (i know its far) i'll redo all the wiring for you and log/setup the meth. Just let me know when is good for you and we'll make it work.
Who do you know that runs higher than say 16psi on these motors w/o the added octane of race gas or meth? Everybody that I have ever seen push into the 17-20psi range either has meth, race gas or both..... moot point man. If you go into that range on pump gas only, you deserve what's coming to you IMO.

Sorry for the thread jack Penn.......Hope you get your problems solved and get some good numbers/performance out of your car from the meth. I know you'll love it. You should try and make that track event at MIR on the 18th to really see what your car can do. I'm planning on being there myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #24
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
I work for chipotle burrito bowls - sad but true.
LOL! I know the feeling....Chipotle is CRACK. I could eat it everyday! If I ever make enough money I'm going to buy a Chipotle store just so I could stop by and eat there whenever I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #25
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane View Post
LOL! I know the feeling....Chipotle is CRACK. I could eat it everyday! If I ever make enough money I'm going to buy a Chipotle store just so I could stop by and eat there whenever I wanted.
Canes, chipotle, yes! My buddy is in an active argument with his future wife - she said he can have chipotle cater the rehearsal dinner - he says hes not settling and wants to have it at the wedding. Classy or not - I am on his side going for it to be at the wedding.

Trevor - 12-15psi is enough to cause excessive knock on the stock timing curve. I am done arguing. I tried to bring actual tuning knowledge and basic fundamentals here but this platform doesn't want it. If an engine doesnt blow they are happy (and the n54 is stout and the dme is very good). I come from the school of doing things the right way the first time. Thats all.

Penn - sorry for so much thread jacking lol. PM me your email - i made a wiring schematic for you thats easy to follow
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #26
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Canes, chipotle, yes! My buddy is in an active argument with his future wife - she said he can have chipotle cater the rehearsal dinner - he says hes not settling and wants to have it at the wedding. Classy or not - I am on his side going for it to be at the wedding.

Trevor - 12-15psi is enough to cause excessive knock on the stock timing curve. I am done arguing. I tried to bring actual tuning knowledge and basic fundamentals here but this platform doesn't want it. If an engine doesnt blow they are happy (and the n54 is stout and the dme is very good). I come from the school of doing things the right way the first time. Thats all.

Penn - sorry for so much thread jacking lol. PM me your email - i made a wiring schematic for you thats easy to follow

FlyLow335i,...would you be willing to publish the schematic here. I am seriously thinking of a stage 3 meth kit from Snow Performance as well. Also, why are you getting rid of yours?

Trevor and others,...here is a link that explains very well the reason FlyLow has been saying that those with JB are getting away with the knock when they run meth and why when you do NOT run meth (with JB) you are POTENTIALLY damaging your engine. It also explains knock (detonation) very well so that you understand the reason it will USUALLY not blow up an engine right away when Ignition timing is not adjusted in a tune. It usually takes time to destroy the engine. Think of it (a tune that is not adjuting timing) a bit like doing drugs. You may get away with it for a long while like Keith Richards or you may die young. You never really know,...but either way it is probably at the very least accelerating your demise.

Here is the link:

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html

If you can get past the spelling mistakes it's actually quite educational. I have ZERO association with this site!! I just liked the articles.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #27
Lspear817
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Possibly 335is

Quote:

chipotle bowl and a lil more for FMIC install? ;0
Appreciate 0