E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Let down by Longtran

Closed Thread

11-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #67
baye93
Banned
Rep
Drives: blk E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
its a mother fucking public forum. Dont tell me what to do. The OP shouldnt have posted this on thread then and shouldve resolved it through pm
LOL, "mother fucking public"?!?

You mean your Mother Got Fuck in Public and Don't tell you what to do??

Dayummm Korean kid have no respect for anyone.

sad
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #68
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaji335i View Post
Actually you are missing the point. Long did not sell the trim to the OP he bought it second hand from a third party. The original buyer said it fit fine and then sold it. How is the fitment issue Long's? If there was a fitment issue he should have went to the SELLER to try and address the issue, and wouldn't the original buyer have had the same fitment issues as well?

There are too many things that could of happened between the time that Long sold it to the original buyer and him receiving it back from Udub. Bad install, sloppy uninstall, shipping, etc, etc.

To me it seems like Long was trying to do a favor for the OP, even after reading the PM thread, it appears udub felt that way as well, but when he could not get a replacement due to it being cracked, he changed his tune and then proceeded to act like he was a customer of Long's, which he is not, and tried to place liability on him, which holds no water.

It appears that Long's only error was trying to help someone (WHO IS NOT HIS CUSTOMER). He should of said fuck off from the beginning and send him to the SELLER.
i realize there is a lot to read by try to keep up. No I was not Longs original customer, I realize that, but I've already said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
I didn't crack it, ever. I didn't expect long to pay for it outta his pocket... I expected him to have the people who made it take it back and give him a new one.

Long said specifically in our PM's that he doesn't think was cracked from shipping, so i didn't file a claim... now its past the time I am allowed to file one.

See my problem is that he SHOULDN'T have tried to resell that piece because it didn't fit right.

And I did contact Drew (the original seller) about the issue 1st and told him it didn't fit. He said he talked to Long and his way of fixing it was having me send it to long, and long sending me back a new one which long agreed to.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #69
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

gonna need a lot of popcorn for this one...

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #70
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
e90p was just short for an e90post.com user.
i got it from evo911 who said it was new from longtran.

and I wouldn't be bashing someone if they were helping me... he didn't help me, which is why I'm here because he went back on his word and just sent me back a badly cracked up piece of trim.
Then you should take it up with Evo911 then. It's on him if the piece is no good. It just seems to me that he sent you to Longtran to get rid of you and hope that LT takes care of the situation. Once Evo911 sold it to you, LT is no longer responsible for the piece. Honestly, if I were you I'd just call my CC and start the process of getting your money back from Drew(Evo911?).

I'm not about to start reading every post so if I missed something, please let me know. GL
      11-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #71
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
i realize there is a lot to read by try to keep up. No I was not Longs original customer, I realize that, but I've already said:
I believe I quoted someone else, so my response was to him (I think you should try and keep up, or are those UDUB degrees missing reading comprehension?)

The point is you keep trying to have Long rectify your situation, which you should of addressed with the seller. I am sure if Long received the piece that was not cracked and only had fitment issues you would of received a new piece, since he could of taken it back to his supplier for a replacement. But since it is cracked he cannot.

So you have two choices, since you insist that the piece was not that way when you shipped it:

1. Go after the shipping company for reimbursement.
2. Suck it up and get a new trim piece wrapped.

Neither of which has to do with Long.

Anyway good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #72
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

Quote:
you should've read on... long was the original seller and the guy who sold it to me was his friend, his car even pops up on Longs sig pic.
for example, if i bought a used wheels from a E90post seller, and after i got it, i found out the wheels are damaged or not as the seller's description, should i blame the seller or the manufactory??of cause you have to blame the seller, but not the manufactory, because it was the seller that sold you the wheels!!just my 2 cents!!

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #73
baye93
Banned
Rep

OK, all jokes aside.
This is all about right & wrong not Nor or Socal gang vist the East or take sides.
I believed we should let the involved party speak and work on the issue.
After all, we all adult that drives BMW.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #74
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkSc View Post
for example, if i bought a used wheels from a E90post seller, and after i got it, i found out the wheels are damaged or not as the seller's description, should i blame the seller or the manufactory??of cause you have to blame the seller, but not the manufactory, because it was the seller that sold you the wheels!!just my 2 cents!!
Exactly.

Last edited by ArmyBimmerDude; 11-13-2008 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #75
Yoshii
Major General
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2008 Titanium Silver 335i

Hey, Long installed some stuff for me and he did a great job on it!!! Thanks Long.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #76
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
WOW!!!
      11-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #77
baye93
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
WOW!!!
It's going to be a supreme court issue the way it look.............

More popcorn pls.

opc orn:
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #78
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
I believe I quoted someone else, so my response was to him (I think you should try and keep up, or are those UDUB degrees missing reading comprehension?)

The point is you keep trying to have Long rectify your situation, which you should of addressed with the seller. I am sure if Long received the piece that was not cracked and only had fitment issues you would of received a new piece, since he could of taken it back to his supplier for a replacement. But since it is cracked he cannot.

So you have two choices, since you insist that the piece was not that way when you shipped it:

1. Go after the shipping company for reimbursement.
2. Suck it up and get a new trim piece wrapped.

Neither of which has to do with Long.

Anyway good luck.
I understand your point but when Drew said Long would take care of it and Long agreed, it seemed as if now Long was responsible for it. If he wasn't able to be then he shouldn't have taken the responsibility out of Evo911's hands and accepted the piece.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #79
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkSc View Post
yes however this isn't something that the original seller had on his car for a while... he was just selling it claiming it was brand new.

so if you bought a new set of VMR's from me, and when you got um you found something wrong that was caused by the manufacturing and not self inflicted... you'd probably come to me but what can I do, I'd send you to VMR just like anyone else would. I'm not voiding Drew's involvement in this whole thing but he did what I would do which is send it back to where he got it... though I would make sure to stay more involved in the process to make sure the person I sold something to got everything taken care of.

heres is a link to the listing
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=titanium+trim

and I appologize, I misquoted... Drews UN is Evo119 not 911
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #80
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

So this is why I got the wrong reflectors and haven't gotten the correct ones yet. I was wondering why it was taking Long so long...

So what, you're down $100? My plastics are worth more!!!

Let's get this sorted out so I can get my stuff already...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #81
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
oh and make sure when you click on the link above you read this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post
Just doing a favor for Long in selling this.

Quality is excellant and has a great finish on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #82
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Quote:
Actually you are missing the point. Long did not sell the trim to the OP he bought it second hand from a third party. The original buyer said it fit fine and then sold it. How is the fitment issue Long's? If there was a fitment issue he should have went to the SELLER to try and address the issue, and wouldn't the original buyer have had the same fitment issues as well?

There are too many things that could of happened between the time that Long sold it to the original buyer and him receiving it back from Udub. Bad install, sloppy uninstall, shipping, etc, etc.

To me it seems like Long was trying to do a favor for the OP, even after reading the PM thread, it appears udub felt that way as well, but when he could not get a replacement due to it being cracked, he changed his tune and then proceeded to act like he was a customer of Long's, which he is not, and tried to place liability on him, which holds no water.

It appears that Long's only error was trying to help someone (WHO IS NOT HIS CUSTOMER). He should of said fuck off from the beginning and send him to the SELLER.
I never said the fitment issue is Long's. I just said that the cracks don't matter. If someone sold you a brand new piece of wood trim for your dashboard that was 2 inches too short and you returned it with a scratch, you should still be refunded or be given a replacement piece because even if the piece was returned in perfect condition, it couldn't be resold anyhow - it's defective. Of course, all this is assuming the overlay was defective to begin with, and if this is truly the case, someone owes the OP a new piece. I'm not saying it's Long, but the OP deserves a replacement if this is in fact the case.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #83
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I never said the fitment issue is Long's. I just said that the cracks don't matter. If someone sold you a brand new piece of wood trim for your dashboard that was 2 inches too short and you returned it with a scratch, you should still be refunded or be given a replacement piece because even if the piece was returned in perfect condition, it couldn't be resold anyhow - it's defective. Of course, all this is assuming the overlay was defective to begin with, and if this is truly the case, someone owes the OP a new piece. I'm not saying it's Long, but the OP deserves a replacement if this is in fact the case.
well actually since Drew was selling it "as a favor to Long" I think the fitment issue IS in fact Longs responsibility which is why I'm upset and posting in the 1st place about the issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #84
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
+1.. like i said before.. the OP shouldve thought about resolving this through PM before his BITCHASSNESS came out to the vendor feedback section.
BTW... my PM box is FULL... FULL - from going back and forth with Long. you think after 2 months of this I wouldn't have tried to resolve it in a PM? Think again. And easy on the name calling, youre just making yourself look bad instead of making a valid point.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #85
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
yes however this isn't something that the original seller had on his car for a while... he was just selling it claiming it was brand new.

so if you bought a new set of VMR's from me, and when you got um you found something wrong that was caused by the manufacturing and not self inflicted... you'd probably come to me but what can I do, I'd send you to VMR just like anyone else would. I'm not voiding Drew's involvement in this whole thing but he did what I would do which is send it back to where he got it... though I would make sure to stay more involved in the process to make sure the person I sold something to got everything taken care of.

heres is a link to the listing
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=titanium+trim

and I appologize, I misquoted... Drews UN is Evo119 not 911
And VMR would tell me to go fuck myself, because I did not purchase it from them and refer me to the place that I bought it. You bought a second had product from a private party whether it was still in brand new condition or not you are dealing with a private party, buyer beware.

Like I said if the product didnt fit, you should of just sent it back to evo911 and got a refund. But apparently the product was not in the same condition that you received it. Now who is at fault, how can that person or business try and get a replacement now that it is broken? I guess you should of insured your shipment to protect yourself.

But apparently the product was damanged by you or your shipping company. Because you did not receive it that way (otherwise I am sure you would of never installed it). If the prodcut was received by Long in the manner that you got it, I am 100% sure Long could of secured a replacement for you (as a FAVOR) for fitment issues. But now that it is damanged who is to blame?

Look at it this way, say you bought that same trim from a business and there was fitment issues (or whatever) and you wanted a replacement. If you sent it back and that business and they receive it in that fucked up condition, do you really think you would be getting a replacement or refund?

Long did not take ownership as you are implying, he simply tried to help both you and evo911, but once he received the product in that state, he could no longer help.

See the difference?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #86
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

just thought i should add

11-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #87
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General