E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BT scan of E90 335 with JB+ (code thrown)

03-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #45
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpop View Post
Lets not jump to any conclusions, Im not saying it does or doesn't throw codes, but just because one person had a code doesn't mean we all are going to throw codes. Let Terry and Mike have time to speak to the OP and see what exactly happen.

I have been running at 75% on the a 05/08 build with the very latest software. I run 93 octane and the outside temps have been 80+ without any codes.
Quick someone paste this on Shiv's forehead so he can stop jacking this thread whenever someone farts something negative about a JB product.

Again, I agree - let's figure out the conditions for which the OP experienced the code. There aren't too many high altitude places in Miami so you can count that out, but obviously the heat may be in play affecting the amount of boost the JB+ may have to be set at to limit tripping the manipulation code.

The funny thing is, since the SSTT is not adjustable - these conditions may always trigger a code for them and with the JB+ you have at least the option to lower the setting. Maybe we'll send Shiv into the SSTT threads so he pontificate more of his vitriol instead of actually helping folks in the community.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #46
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
You pretty much implied that the JB+ was altering IAT.

and then followed that up with this when I said it didn't

I think to anybody that is outright saying it does alter IAT, but hey my perception of reality may be flawed.

The other issue is that it just seem that you jump at every little thing. You have no comments when people have no codes, nice dynos, or positive reviews. The second there is a perception of a problem you are all over the thread like a rabid attack dog, and then when somebody calls you on it you always default to the .... I am just providing technical info..

I am sure a lot of users appreciate and respect your insight and experience but your approach leaves a lot to be desired.

Today we had a post about one of your customers who threw the manupulation code with the Procede.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244318

2D25
2D25 manipulation cover, maximum air mass
Error will not cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
Short circuit or signal interruption

Did you see me going into that thread saying inflammatory things. No, as that is not my style as I actually try and stay out of your threads, as to me thats not proper business etiquette. There was an issue, you offered advice on the fix and it can be left at that. No need for argument. The fact is the PRocede threw the code and in that case was not diagnostically invisible..

Your attitude in that thread was the following....

So I am puzzled. When the procede throws a manipulation code you dismiss it and basically tell your customer not to care as he has the BT tool now, but when a BMS product throws a code you feel the need to post. You have more posts in this thread then you do in the thread where your customer had an issue?? That just doesn't seem right? Seems you spend more time in BMS/JB3 threads then addressing your own customers problems. To each his own I guess...

Mike

I 100% agree with this, it only makes sense from what i have been reading on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #47
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yep, that PROcede threw a manipulation code. Unless I'm mistaken, we did not even confirm that the OP was even running a Doomsday map at the default setting (which is required for diagnostic invisibility).

Also, the only reason you see me participating more in BMS/JB3 threads than PROcede threads is because there is more misinformation in them. Just look at them. And I'm a sucker for squashing misinformation when I see it. I know this bothers you and others at times. And for that, I'm sorry. We love educated customers (even if they are not ours). And we love it when they question us. Just makes the exchange of info more beneficial to everyone.

Shiv
The bottom line is you need to stop! There is no misinformation. You are trolling these posts and if you don't stop I will call for an online petition to ban you.

Mike-stop feeding the troll! The more you feed in the more you stoop to his level.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #48
asneakyrocker
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

I found out dealer had updated my software and I just recently ordered the JB+... I installed it over theweekend at full setting thinking I'm still pre 29.2...

And on Tuesday my hpfp which had been dying for a while finally gave up on me.
I called the dealer and removed my jb+ and had my hpfp replaced under warranty. The dealer told me after I asked him that I am 32.1? I think and the onlycode was the fuel pump one...

Also the JB+ is crazyyy fast at full setting on 93 octane... I have a late 07 e92

And thanks again Mike for the excellent customer service!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #49
NatesGr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 Legacy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW THIS! View Post
The bottom line is you need to stop! There is no misinformation. You are trolling these posts and if you don't stop I will call for an online petition to ban you.

Mike-stop feeding the troll! The more you feed in the more you stoop to his level.
If you don't like shiv's information you can just put him on your ignore list. I actually like the information he provides. That being said, if you feel the need to form an online petition to ban shiv, i will have to form an online anti-petition to ban shiv It's been said million's of times this is an online forum, you need to sift through the information as you see fit, and ignore what you want to.

Nate
      03-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #50
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesGr8 View Post
If you don't like shiv's information you can just put him on your ignore list. I actually like the information he provides. That being said, if you feel the need to form an online petition to ban shiv, i will have to form an online anti-petition to ban shiv It's been said million's of times this is an online forum, you need to sift through the information as you see fit, and ignore what you want to.

Nate
How about you form the anti-ban?

You like non-information because that is 90% of the BS that is said?

If so venture over to tmz.com and have fun
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #51
NatesGr8
Private First Class
Rep

^^^i was hoping the ridiculousness of my previous post would help you realize how idiotic it is to form an online petition, guess not now if i could only find that picture of the retard's with the quote on the bottom, "arguing of the internet is like running in the special Olympics..."

which brings me to my original though, learn to use the ignore feature.

Nate
      03-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #52
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
^^^i was hoping the ridiculousness of my previous post would help you realize how idiotic it is to form an online petition, guess not now if i could only find that picture of the retard's with the quote on the bottom, "arguing of the internet is like running in the special Olympics..."

which brings me to my original though, learn to use the ignore feature.

Nate
JPSIMON's personal mechanic , jpsimon aka shivs personal forum pet.
Take a step back and read what is happening in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #53
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Nate
C'Mon and don't be so naive. Shiv's clear edict is to dissuade non-technical or unfamiliar users with continuous obfuscation, misdirection, and then once in a blue moon actual merit. He does this exclusively in the domain of another vendor's responsibility to engage their customers through the medium that is e90post.

It isn't necessary, it is disingenuous, self-serving and it dam sure doesn't help the community at large. Mike showed a clear example where Shiv is cherry picking for his benefit.

This shit is getting old and the mods need to be involved at this point.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #54
NatesGr8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post
JPSIMON's personal mechanic , jpsimon aka shivs personal forum pet.
Hey i just install the parts. And enjoy reading these threads from time to time on slow days at the office. I'm impartial to which tune i would run.

Edit...and i believe its clear to everyone when shiv is nitpicking/being self-serving/disingenuous and when his words have truth to them. I just don't understand why so many people get so worked up over it.
      03-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #55
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
How about you form the anti-ban?

You like non-information because that is 90% of the BS that is said?

If so venture over to tmz.com and have fun
Burn!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #56
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Hey i just install the parts. And enjoy reading these threads from time to time on slow days at the office. I'm impartial to which tune i would run.

Edit...and i believe its clear to everyone when shiv is nitpicking/being self-serving/disingenuous and when his words have truth to them. I just don't understand why so many people get so worked up over it.
Malicious intent is being blurred with the good with hardly any distinction - the latter has become beholden to the former in Shiv's case.

When good meaning folks are here to help each other out and enjoy the camaraderie of our cars, a vendor with an vindictive agenda diminishes that greatly. If you enjoy e90post for the value it brings when people reasonably get along and share information, then maybe you can understand why folks can be equally as frustrated when that is subverted repeatedly by one individual.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #57
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post
jpsimon aka shivs personal forum pet.
I'm honored to be mentioned in your hilarious, yet hypocritical post
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #58
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:

There is not anyone getting worked up over it. The simple fact that we are just sick of the tuner wars. As a community we can ask for them to either stop or ban the cause of them....which is Shiv.

Anything good on tmz.com these days?

EDIT: Here is a great article for you! http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/25/paul-s...on-a-tour-bus/
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #59
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
You're a sucker for squashing false information when you see it? You're spreading false information on this very thread....

All hail Shivs "game changer" that doesn't make any more power, yet he claims is the holy grail of tuning... Their is no misinformation in that thread
Could you please tell me where the misinformation in that thread is?? And it was/is certainly game changing enough to have BMS drop everything they are working on and begin their ongoing quest for feature emulation (1.3 chip).

If you are going to attack me, try to attack me with fact. So come on, tell me.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #60
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Could you please tell me where the misinformation in that thread is. And it was/is certainly game changing enough to have BMS drop everything they are working on and begin their ongoing quest for feature emulation (1.3 chip).

If you are going to attack me, try to attack me with fact. So come on, tell me.

Shiv
Ok seriously dont you have something better to do.

Do you want me to link you with TMZ articles too?

LET IT DIE!!! WE ARE SICK OF THIS SHIT!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #61
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

guys...seriously? here we go again...
      03-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #62
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Ok. Shiv here you go. Some old school for you.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/23/winnie...-kevin-arnold/
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #63
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok. Shiv here you go. Some old school for you.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/23/winnie...-kevin-arnold/
..But see what happens is Shiv gets into a technical discussion... then people "call him out" with their own misinformation and can't back themselves up. Then resort to posts like yours. It's a vicious/funny cycle
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #64
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
..But see what happens is Shiv gets into a technical discussion... then people "call him out" with their own misinformation and can't back themselves up. Then resort to posts like yours....
It certainly is a repeatable trend. Sigh. But this ban petition is certainly something new. It would be nicer if everyone could just debate on a technical level instead of getting all personal/off topic with things.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #65
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It certainly is a repeatable trend. Sigh. But this ban petition is certainly something new. It would be nicer if everyone could just debate on a technical level instead of getting all personal/off topic with things.

Shiv
Keep it up and the ban petition will start very soon. or start acting like a god damn adult.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #66
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

BMW THIS! You don't want a technical discussion to take place?
Appreciate 0