E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > FS/FT: 2011 Lexus ISF - 16K Miles (DC Metro)

10-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
4cfd bmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Porsche 911 GT3

Garage List
  [0.00]
FS/FT: 2011 Lexus ISF - 16K Miles (DC Metro)

*************SOLD**************

I'm selling my Lexus ISF to get back into a car with a manual transmission...specifically a 6MT 335i. This car has been my daily driver since purchasing it in January 2012. It currently has 16,XXX miles and has been meticulously maintained and cared for with regular hand washing/detailing.
NO ACCIDENTS OR PAINT WORK - CLEAN CARFAX

2011 Lexus ISF
5.0L V8 - 416HP/378ft. lbs of Torque
8-Speed Automatic with Paddle Shifters
Smoky Granite Mica on Black Leather with Alcantara Inserts

OPTIONS (all options EXCEPT pre-collision system and active cruise control)
Mark Levinson 13-Speaker Sound System
DVD/Navigation
Backup Camera with Parking Sensors
Heated Front Seats
...i'm probably forgetting some even though there weren't many non-standard options.

MAINTENANCE
Oil changed every 5K Miles
Front Brake Pads are brand new (less than 500 miles on them)

The car has 35% window tint and VentureShield Clear Bra on the front bumper, headlights, hood, mirrors, and a-pillars to protect the paint from rock chips installed by Raja on the boards here. Otherwise, the car is completely stock and has never been modified and has been garage-kept since day 1.

SOLD and will entertain trades for:

E92 335i
E92 335is
E90 335i with M-Sport
or 1M

MUST HAVE OPTIONS:
6-Speed Manual ONLY
Navigation
Heated Seats
Sport / M-Sport Package (where applicable)
Prefer all cars to be N54 as I plan to do the RB Twin turbo kit. So I'm not really interested in 2011,2012 335i (unless it's a 335is).

I apologize for the blurry cell phone pics ahead of time.
Attached Images

*SOLD* 2009 E92 335i M-Sport - Space Grey Metallic
*SOLD* 2011 Lexus IS-F

Last edited by 4cfd bmr; 10-18-2012 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
4cfd bmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
bump
*SOLD* 2011 Lexus IS-F
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

This is a clean car and nicely optioned.

Bump for a good seller. The price is very competetive too.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
4cfd bmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
This is a clean car and nicely optioned.

Bump for a good seller. The price is very competetive too.

Thanks Raja for the vote of confidence.

At the price that I'm asking i'm literally going to have to pay to sell the car as I'm slightly upside down on the loan-to-value of the car. So, I'm not asking for outrageous money from someone just trying to give them an honest deal on a clean, well-cared for car. Just looking to join the BMW community once again and possibly go for the gusto with the Vishnu FFTEC turbo kit or at least the RB Turbo kit when I find the right 335.
*SOLD* 2011 Lexus IS-F
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996 Turbo

Good looking car. Besides missing a manual how was the overall driving experience with the ISF versus the BMW?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
4cfd bmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning View Post
Good looking car. Besides missing a manual how was the overall driving experience with the ISF versus the BMW?
My candid thoughts are that the ISF is an incredibly capable car both on the street and on the track. (Yes, I've had it at Summit Point one time...actually at the BMW CCA performance driving event last month) It's got gobs of power in some areas where the 335 is lacking a bit. The sound is entirely different and is usually described by most who ride in the car as "intoxicating" which is downright "un-Lexus-like". I love the way both the ISF and the 335 sound...particularly the 335 when mated with a free-flowing exhaust and dual cone filters that allow you to hear both the exhaust and the turbos spooling. As for shifting the car shifts .1 of second slower than an F1 car and some of the shifts will make the tires squeal and it's very easy to modulate with the paddles or the actual gear lever.

The downsides for me are that the ISF is not available in manual transmission and I really miss having 3 pedals and a traditional shift knob which is purely my preference now...I'm sure there will come a time when i'm ready to have just an automatic or auto w/ paddles but, I misjudged my being ready for that. Moreover, it gets pretty bad gas mileage compared to what I got in my 335 with the ISF getting 16-17 mpg average mixture highway/city driving and about 21 mpg on the highway when cruising in 8th gear. It's probably not terrible but I think it's exaggerated for me given that it only has a 14 gallon tank which makes for frequent fill-ups.

And on a side note, I really enjoy the process of modifying cars and there is virtually no aftermarket for this car which is shocking given that it's a japanese performance car. Aside from the usual intake, headers, exhaust, suspension, and wheels there is really no "room for growth". That said, I don't find myself really yearning for more power per se with the ISF but, I really miss the feeling when you add part to your car and can feel the difference that it made.
*SOLD* 2011 Lexus IS-F
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
Pat@sonictuning
Major General
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bora1point8t View Post
My candid thoughts are that the ISF is an incredibly capable car both on the street and on the track. (Yes, I've had it at Summit Point one time...actually at the BMW CCA performance driving event last month) It's got gobs of power in some areas where the 335 is lacking a bit. The sound is entirely different and is usually described by most who ride in the car as "intoxicating" which is downright "un-Lexus-like". I love the way both the ISF and the 335 sound...particularly the 335 when mated with a free-flowing exhaust and dual cone filters that allow you to hear both the exhaust and the turbos spooling. As for shifting the car shifts .1 of second slower than an F1 car and some of the shifts will make the tires squeal and it's very easy to modulate with the paddles or the actual gear lever.

The downsides for me are that the ISF is not available in manual transmission and I really miss having 3 pedals and a traditional shift knob which is purely my preference now...I'm sure there will come a time when i'm ready to have just an automatic or auto w/ paddles but, I misjudged my being ready for that. Moreover, it gets pretty bad gas mileage compared to what I got in my 335 with the ISF getting 16-17 mpg average mixture highway/city driving and about 21 mpg on the highway when cruising in 8th gear. It's probably not terrible but I think it's exaggerated for me given that it only has a 14 gallon tank which makes for frequent fill-ups.

And on a side note, I really enjoy the process of modifying cars and there is virtually no aftermarket for this car which is shocking given that it's a japanese performance car. Aside from the usual intake, headers, exhaust, suspension, and wheels there is really no "room for growth". That said, I don't find myself really yearning for more power per se with the ISF but, I really miss the feeling when you add part to your car and can feel the difference that it made.
Thanks for the info. I have always been curious on what people thought of them. Yeah the down side for the ISF are there aren't many performance parts at all, but with headers,exhaust, and intake, along with the right dyno tune you could probably get about 500hp at the crank.

Once again great looking car and definitely GLWS.
Appreciate 0