E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Is it arriving tmrw or next week?

05-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
clutch09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 320i

Is it arriving tmrw or next week?

Hi Guys,
My 325i was built in SA and therefore is not on any of the WW ships coming from Bremerhaven to the US. When I contacted my SA he gave me a sheet of paper saying that my car was on a Mitsui O.S.K liner called the Mosel Ace. On the sheet and from the few times I"ve called him, it seems that ship is supposed to arrive to the Port of Jersey on 5/18. However, upon calling MOL (Mitsui O.S.K USA) I have been told that the Mosel Ace arrives at the Port of Newark tomorrow.
1. Is the Port of Newark considered the same as the Port of Jersey?
2. Whose EDA should I go with?
3. How long should I be expecting to wait from the time it reaches the VPC till I get it?

Appreciate any and all respones.

Thanks,
Kanishk
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
clutch09
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
msinfo_us
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335Xi ZSP, ZCW, PDC

Please take this info with a grain of salt. I'll be first to admit I am not the biggest expert here (my car is still on the ship too) but is not Newark surrounded by land and less than 10-15 minutes away from Jersey port -- they got to be the same. In terms of VPC time it is fairly typical to be 2-3 days for NY but there are plenty of cases when it is longer. Hope it helps. You'll be most likely enjoying your bimmer next weekend -- I am jealous ;-) .
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
clutch09
Lieutenant
Rep

Yes the two ports should be the same, just wanted to make sure. I really hope my car comes next week. I've ordered all the accessories I want to install on it and its just sitting around - so annoying looking at it and knowing I can't install it yet.

Thanks for your response,
Kanishk
Appreciate 0