E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Power at the wheels on Mapped 335d's and 335i's

09-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #45
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy335 View Post
Any chance of a link to both scans?

Have you had the gains verified on an independent dyno?

Perhaps some scans of the timing slips would silence the doubters!

Link to scan one at Evolve - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155537 If you read the thread from the start I insisted that the car be firmly strapped to the Rollers and then not moved whilst a new map was applied, it was then ran again under almost identical conditions.

Link to scan at Track Car Solutions - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=135516&page=2 It's on page 2 of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #46
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
How do you come up with the maths mate?

ive run cars before where there has been a gap of a tenth and a mph and its been less than a cars length.
      09-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #47
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
How do you come up with the maths mate?

ive run cars before where there has been a gap of a tenth and a mph and its been less than a cars length.

For a car travelling at 106mph

1 mile = 1,609.344metres

therefore at 106mph covers 170,590.3 metres per hour (106 x 1,609.344)

In a minute it will cover 2,843.2 metres (the above / 60)

In a second it will cover 47.38 metres (the above / 60)

So in 0.18 seconds it will cover 8.52 metres (the above x 0.18)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #48
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
thats impressive.

But still aint what ive experianced.
      09-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #49
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
thats impressive.

But still aint what ive experianced.
Fair enough, like I've said we can agree to disagree. You still haven't answered my question about how many times I ran at SP.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #50
Spin
fast Cars are safer
England
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe

Calm down chaps, in fact down this makes entertaining reading !

I can confirm that Carl's car was driven very quickly around snetterton without any limp issues unlike mine - but I also remember my car was quicker on the straights so I guess the extra power/torque has its penalties, DMS or Evolve the 335D is a pretty impressive car once remapped, any diesel that can produce 300+ bhp and still return 40mpg on a motorway run needs to be applauded IMO.

Anyway back to you guys....:O

"Fast Cars are Safer..."
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #51
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin View Post

I can confirm that Carl's car was driven very quickly around snetterton without any limp issues unlike mine - but I also remember my car was quicker on the straights so I guess the extra power/torque has its penalties, DMS or Evolve the 335D is a pretty impressive car once remapped, any diesel that can produce 300+ bhp and still return 40mpg on a motorway run needs to be applauded IMO.

Quicker down the straights lol. No you wasnt dude. I could not pull upto you cuz the cars were pretty evenly matched.
      09-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #52
Spin
fast Cars are safer
England
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Quicker down the straights lol. No you wasnt dude. I could not pull upto you cuz the cars were pretty evenly matched.
Thats not what you said on the day Carl, you suggested I go back to Evolve and have the car detuned slightly as you had experienced similar issues in the past with a more powerful DMS map which you subsequently had replaced, I quote " your F@c!ing car was pulling away from me on the straights...you need to get it sorted..."

I will be the first to admit that you are the better (and slightly madder ) driver but as we exited the corner onto the straight my car pulled away - well until limp mode anyway !!

Any fool can be fast on the straight so its hardly a claim to fame and does it really matter no man is as mad as the Carlos and his DXB, I kept well out of your way

"Fast Cars are Safer..."
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #53
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
I was suprised that i couldnt pull on you. You didnt edge away... Bailey did like a tosser, but he has 45bhpmore than me.

You said to me how you was suprised how evenly matched we was down the straight.
      09-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #54
635d
Rep
Drives: BMW

This post really makes me laugh.There is no art to how much a diesel engine can be tuned too. "Things moving on", all that has happened is the fuel injection amount has been increased, the torque limiters upped, the boost pressure raised to the edge of limp mode.

Guys, power isn't an art on a diesel, there are no magic tricks, there are no " i know something you dont know". The art is knowing the cars limits, the design limits, most tuners dont to their home work and push the power over the limits, hence the limp mode and torque levels over the 700nm gearbox design limit.

I have remapped all of my family cars over the years and used many tuning companies, if you search my old posts you will see who I use and why and no limp mode for me
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #55
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 635d View Post
This post really makes me laugh.There is no art to how much a diesel engine can be tuned too. "Things moving on", all that has happened is the fuel injection amount has been increased, the torque limiters upped, the boost pressure raised to the edge of limp mode.

Guys, power isn't an art on a diesel, there are no magic tricks, there are no " i know something you dont know". The art is knowing the cars limits, the design limits, most tuners dont to their home work and push the power over the limits, hence the limp mode and torque levels over the 700nm gearbox design limit.

I have remapped all of my family cars over the years and used many tuning companies, if you search my old posts you will see who I use and why and no limp mode for me
YOU ONLY POSTED 5 TIMES LOL WILL BE EASY
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #56
Bigamos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Edtion

My car has 10,000 miles on it and 30+ laps of The RING under its belt, and no LIMP MODE YET....

Oh, and thats on a DMS Remap.............. Never missed............
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #57
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin View Post

Quote:

...and I thought it was just me....................

Nothing is faster than the DXB...END OF...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #58
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink

Carl, please stick to the topic & try to avoid the abuse, otherwise I'm going to shove some tablets down your throat, ok.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #59
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Mr Fandango, please don`t send me any more idiotic PM`s like this, its like being back in Primary school.

Quote:
I did think you were a nice guy.

But you seem to love the fact Jules has beaten me.

Pretty sad yu relish that fact.

one tenth and 1mph is not even a car length.

So all that development jules believes he has done is utter shite really.

They prob even loaded a faster map for that one run, i wouldnt put it past em. I had friends there watching. most of his runs were 13.5-13.7

Ive actually had my car longer than evolve have been tuning cars.

And if in reality Jules car is a smidge quicker, i wouldnt ditch my map for it., I saw how many times there map went into limp at the track, that would do my head in.

if you wouldnt mind, what we PM to each other is between us too if thats ok.

For the record, I don`t care if Jules`s car is quicker or slower than yours (I certainly don`t relish it ?), I don`t care if your map is supplied by DMS, B&Q or MFI and I certainly don`t care if you used to think "I was a nice guy" - you have some serious issues Carl and if you stopped to think before you popst some of the sh*t you do, people like myself would stop pointing out your errors.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #60
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

And here's me thinking i was special
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #61
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Exclamation

Hmm...all I'm going to say is this...if I think there's any more problems regarding this thread, then it's just going to be closed- simple as that, ok.

Now, please try to avoid any more abuse, everyone, ok.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #62
Turkish
Rep
Drives: Tractor

My god, all this and I only asked for some info on whp figures on mapped 335d & 335i's

I really did open a can of worms...

Great banter though
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #63
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Great thread though!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #64
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
F'in Brilliant - where has Carlos gone ???

(maybe he has goen to post on PH )
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #65
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Mr Fandango, please don`t send me any more idiotic PM`s like this, its like being back in Primary school.

I did think you were a nice guy.

But you seem to love the fact Jules has beaten me.

Pretty sad yu relish that fact.

one tenth and 1mph is not even a car length.

So all that development jules believes he has done is utter shite really.

They prob even loaded a faster map for that one run, i wouldnt put it past em. I had friends there watching. most of his runs were 13.5-13.7

Ive actually had my car longer than evolve have been tuning cars.

And if in reality Jules car is a smidge quicker, i wouldnt ditch my map for it., I saw how many times there map went into limp at the track, that would do my head in.

if you wouldnt mind, what we PM to each other is between us too if thats ok.

For the record, I don`t care if Jules`s car is quicker or slower than yours (I certainly don`t relish it ?), I don`t care if your map is supplied by DMS, B&Q or MFI and I certainly don`t care if you used to think "I was a nice guy" - you have some serious issues Carl and if you stopped to think before you popst some of the sh*t you do, people like myself would stop pointing out your errors.

Well, what a total knob you really are

Let's get the record straight.......read through my previous posts on the forum and you will get the facts.

"All the development Jules has done"???? WTF is this all about??

I have had a map installed by a tuning company which is the same as what you have had done...........NOTHING DIFFERENT.............JUST A MAP.

I even dedicated a whole thread to it and explained my concerns.

I've stated that I was more than happy with my DMS map and Evolve mentioned also that the map was good, but they offered a slightly different map which I decided to go for. It works great, it's as smooth as the DMS map and appears to offer a touch more power. End of.

NO faster map was loaded for just one run, in fact the Evolve guys didn't turn up at the Pod til around 11.30 at which point I had already done my fastest runs!! The caught up with me in the queue and asked to put a sticker on the back of the car and the next time I saw them was early afternoon, when I drove over to them whilst near Marlie's car to say goodbye.

As per my PM to you late yesterday afternoon, I ran the strip for 20 runs in total, it was actually more as there was a hiccup early on.

You have not had your map longer than Evolve have been tuning cars as I met the Evolve guys at FT 2007 at which point you were standard.

Nobody has asked you to ditch your map......in the REAL WORLD there will be next to no difference in performance. I ran the same map as yours and as I have said many times thought it was an excellent map.

I've been tuning different cars for a while now and although I've come across a few strange characters, you really take the biscuit....

You seriously need to grow up and get a life.

Can't believe I've had to waste my time writing this at this time of the morning but it needs to be said, right I've got a plane to catch....

Jules.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #66
GanjamanUSS
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

oh wow

who needs eastenders !

Appreciate 0