E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Hawk HPS & HPS 5.0 Brake Pads Announcement!

11-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
r1concepts
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' E90 335i

Hawk HPS & HPS 5.0 Brake Pads Announcement!

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on Hawk products especially the HPS pads. Hawk will be discontinuing the HPS pad lineup and eventually move on with their new HPS 5.0 brake pads instead. I don't know when exactly they will be doing this but probably withing the next year or so. As a vendor I wanted to let you all know this!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on Hawk products especially the HPS pads. Hawk will be discontinuing the HPS pad lineup and eventually move on with their new HPS 5.0 brake pads instead. I don't know when exactly they will be doing this but probably withing the next year or so. As a vendor I wanted to let you all know this!
You guys have first hand impressions of both pads on this platform by chance? I've had good luck with the HPS pads in the past on other cars...looking forward to trying the 5.0 version when my OEM pads are ready for a change though.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
r1concepts
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
You guys have first hand impressions of both pads on this platform by chance? I've had good luck with the HPS pads in the past on other cars...looking forward to trying the 5.0 version when my OEM pads are ready for a change though.
Unfortunately, we have not had any personal experience just yet with the HPS 5.0 pads. However, I do know from a friend that you don't need to heat up the HPS 5.0 pads as much as you would with the regular HPS pads if that makes sense. I'll do an update if we ever have a chance to test them out.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Just threw some 5.0 on a locals car today. I have HPS on my car. I don't imagine a noticeable difference but they are supposedly an improved HPS nonetheless.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #5
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Just threw some 5.0 on a locals car today. I have HPS on my car. I don't imagine a noticeable difference but they are supposedly an improved HPS nonetheless.
Sounds about right...thanks!
Appreciate 2