E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Will BASTUCK QUAD Exhaust work with OEM BUMPER?

08-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
jeho
ig: jeffersonho
Finland
Rep
Drives: E90M3.E36M3

Will BASTUCK QUAD Exhaust work with OEM BUMPER?

Are the bastuck quad inner tips positioned faily similar to the oem dual tips? so I would only need to trim to fit the outter exhaust tips on each side?

Will the Bastuck Quad exhaust work with OEM bumper (WITHOUT BASTUCK VALENCE) trimmed to fit quads as simple as that like other quads?

or does it require additional work such as cutting the exhaust tips, reposition, then re-weld?

Last edited by jeho; 08-12-2008 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffE92TT View Post
Are the bastuck quad inner tips positioned faily similar to the oem dual tips? so I would only need to trim to fit the outter exhaust tips on each side?

Will the Bastuck Quad exhaust work with OEM bumper (WITHOUT BASTUCK VALENCE) trimmed to fit quads as simple as that like other quads?

or does it require additional work such as cutting the exhaust tips, reposition, then re-weld?
I PMED you everything I had to say....

It will fit fine, cutting is major so make sure it's a clean job as it will be exposed.

No repositioning tips.. atleast with mine and I was using the OEM bumper.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

hmm.. I want the bastuck quads too.... But I wonder how it will look without the bastuck diffuser? Game, do you have the cat delete pipes?
      08-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiyourlife View Post
hmm.. I want the bastuck quads too.... But I wonder how it will look without the bastuck diffuser? Game, do you have the cat delete pipes?
Yes, I have eisenmann cat-delete pipes...

If the cuts are done proper it can be pulled off. See, a lot of guys want the nice look and go without getting the rear valence, which can be done, but then it requires a good body shop to make the cuts for you. Most shops around here either work on the body and leave exhaust/performance to other shops. So, it was an extra fee but it would of looked great. I think bastuck made a great diffuser so I ended up getting it.. and have been really happy. If you go the route with no rear diffuser then.. make a body shop measure and make cuts... and make sure the cuts are rounded/sanded..... and touched up (if need be) ... It will look amazing and give your car that aggressive look its been missing.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

^damn! looks sick!!

How much did you guys pay for the exhaust+diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
^damn! looks sick!!

How much did you guys pay for the exhaust+diffuser?
I think the other exhaust..... I paid 1550$ shipped...... + diffuser like 450 painted... at the time and like +300$ for 2nd cat delete pipes. Expensive but very good crafted system.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
I think the other exhaust..... I paid 1550$ shipped...... + diffuser like 450 painted... at the time and like +300$ for 2nd cat delete pipes. Expensive but very good crafted system.
Damn GAMEOVR, do you have any straight on pics from the back?? That is one sexy set-up you've got going on there!
      08-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
Damn GAMEOVR, do you have any straight on pics from the back?? That is one sexy set-up you've got going on there!
Sure, do

Mtech rear + carbon quad diffuser soon though and some other goodies!

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #9
bastuck@WSTO
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Looking good Game

For the best install of the Bastuck Quad 335i system we recommend the Bastuck rear diffuser or the Duke dynamics M-tech Quad insert diffuser. The DD diffuser was special made for the Bastuck quad.

Bastuck diffuser

Duke Dynamics M-tech diffuser

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

hihgly recommend the rear valance. we have them in stock. Let me know if you need'em.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
kuvesh
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e92 335i juiced

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post

No repositioning tips.. atleast with mine and I was using the OEM bumper.
you didnt have to reposition the tips because you're using the bastuck diffuser so it hid the fact that the oem single tip openings are completely off.

bastuck quads sit much wider than the stock setup. if you not using a diffuser you need to mod the exhaust otherwise it will look messed up.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #12
jeho
ig: jeffersonho
Finland
Rep
Drives: E90M3.E36M3

i just bought the M AERO REAR BUMPER...
my bastuck should be here in 2-3 weeks...

according to gameovr he says I will be over to fit the bastuck quad without any modification on the exhaust, and all i need to do is dremel a bigger hole on my M aero bumper to fit the extra tips on each side...

correct??
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #13
Blistex
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 + E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffE92TT View Post
i just bought the M AERO REAR BUMPER...
my bastuck should be here in 2-3 weeks...

according to gameovr he says I will be over to fit the bastuck quad without any modification on the exhaust, and all i need to do is dremel a bigger hole on my M aero bumper to fit the extra tips on each side...

correct??
I think the oem diffuser opening are too high (big) if you trim it.
It won't look good because of the sharp edges and big opening. It's better off to get a new quad diffuser instead.
Appreciate 0