E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Looking for a JB3 Beta tester that went Pre-29.2 -> 29.2 -> JB3 + 29.2

08-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #23
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Well hot damn, still no one. You guys are out there...must be hiding.

Oh well, I'll have mine within a week I think. I'll answer my own damn post if no one chimes in before then!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
Would you mind running the car for a little bit with no tune in between, to feel "true 29.2"?

I agree with your statement that noise and lag won't be fully cured by JB3 due to low end duty cycles (actually ALL duty cycles) being unchanged.
That begs the question, how do you not have lag with the JB2 then? Does JB2(sans looms) change duty cycles??
Jb2 does not control duty cycles either, but because it increases the cars torque in the lower RPM it helps to mask the lag. Now with Jb3 because you have to lower the torque to avoid the warranty code you will experience a little more lag than Jb2, but less than stock. On the exhaust the sound is absolutely the same as before bubbly and loud
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #25
ace008
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I have a pre 29.2 MDS v80 updated to 29.2 335i back in Feb due to iDrive/iPod issues. I had a SSTT installed until two weeks ago when I upgraded to a JB3. With the SSTT there was a definate lag. I would mash on the gas, and the car wouldn't get moving until 1-2 secs later. You see the RPMs pause a bit, then it shoots up.

The JB3 has been installed for a about a week and a half and let me tell you its incredible. Feels like a totally different car! Much better throttle response like a stock 335i. The power is very direct as in the more throttle you give, the more power you get. There is still very slight lag, but no where as bad as with the SSTT. The car pulls much harder than before. I can describe it as a much more solid feeling. When you floor it in 1st - 3rd, it pulls you to the point where your stomach is sucked in with your head flying back.
The exhaust note sounds a little bit louder than before and you can hear the turbos spooling up as you get higher in the RPMs. I've had an e46 M3 before the 335i and the throttle response on the M3 was instant! Everything was more direct, from the handling to power delivery. Powerwise the JB3 335i is much faster.Anyways, I hope that helps. You will not be disappointed!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #26
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace008 View Post
I have a pre 29.2 MDS v80 updated to 29.2 335i back in Feb due to iDrive/iPod issues. I had a SSTT installed until two weeks ago when I upgraded to a JB3. With the SSTT there was a definate lag. I would mash on the gas, and the car wouldn't get moving until 1-2 secs later. You see the RPMs pause a bit, then it shoots up.

The JB3 has been installed for a about a week and a half and let me tell you its incredible. Feels like a totally different car! Much better throttle response like a stock 335i. The power is very direct as in the more throttle you give, the more power you get. There is still very slight lag, but no where as bad as with the SSTT. The car pulls much harder than before. I can describe it as a much more solid feeling. When you floor it in 1st - 3rd, it pulls you to the point where your stomach is sucked in with your head flying back.
The exhaust note sounds a little bit louder than before and you can hear the turbos spooling up as you get higher in the RPMs. I've had an e46 M3 before the 335i and the throttle response on the M3 was instant! Everything was more direct, from the handling to power delivery. Powerwise the JB3 335i is much faster.Anyways, I hope that helps. You will not be disappointed!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #27
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

any more 29.2 reviews with the jb3?

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0