E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Datalogging With Cobb

02-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #45
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
if you want help here use std. values. do 4th as well to see post shift timings. just follow my directions
Thank you... Will do that.

Also did you tried to measure performance 0-100 time with AP because I was trying few times and no luck I get "-" signs instead of time. Just when I go slowly to 100 kmh I get the real time WTF?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #46
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Thank you... Will do that.

Also did you tried to measure performance 0-100 time with AP because I was trying few times and no luck I get "-" signs instead of time. Just when I go slowly to 100 kmh I get the real time WTF?
never. i use Vbox
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35 & 335i now - M2/M4 next?

Enrita, if you've changed your defaults, is there an easy way to change them back to whatever the unit came with?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #48
Koreyy
KOrey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
hey anybody help with my logs? my virtual dyno program keep saying no wide open throttle TPS data found...
please help !!

datalog4.zip
datalog5.zip
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #49
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
Enrita, if you've changed your defaults, is there an easy way to change them back to whatever the unit came with?
There's an option on the AP to reset to reset to default logging parameters.
      02-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #50
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreyy View Post
hey anybody help with my logs? my virtual dyno program keep saying no wide open throttle TPS data found...
please help !!
There's a few things going on. First of all(and the reason VD is throwing an error) is because you never went WOT. Secondly, you've got about 10 minutes worth of normal driving. There is no "pull" in the logs.

Just grab a couple logs of a 3rd gear pull. Start the log right before going WOT and stop it as soon as you safely can after letting off the throttle.
      02-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #51
Koreyy
KOrey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
There's a few things going on. First of all(and the reason VD is throwing an error) is because you never went WOT. Secondly, you've got about 10 minutes worth of normal driving. There is no "pull" in the logs.

Just grab a couple logs of a 3rd gear pull. Start the log right before going WOT and stop it as soon as you safely can after letting off the throttle.
i will try again. thanks !
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #52
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

I just start the log when I get into the car then filter the data in Excel based on when the pedal is above 99%. It works for me. Although, sometimes I look at the cobb unit, and it has lost communication with the ECU, so I have to do my pulls again.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #53
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_jeff View Post
I just start the log when I get into the car then filter the data in Excel based on when the pedal is above 99%. It works for me. Although, sometimes I look at the cobb unit, and it has lost communication with the ECU, so I have to do my pulls again.
Yeah, that definitely works. It just adds a couple steps for people that want to open it in VD.
      03-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #54
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm new to VD. How accurate is it? Do throttle closures make it read higher? Because I'm still trying to tune out my throttle closures, and VD is reading ridiculous amounts of rwtq.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #55
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm new to VD. How accurate is it? Do throttle closures make it read higher? Because I'm still trying to tune out my throttle closures, and VD is reading ridiculous amounts of rwtq.
It depends on how accurate the vehicle info you plug in is, how much wheelspin and how flat the road is. I just use it to compare map changes, if i can consistantly see 10whp deltas than i have more than just the butt dyno to confirm gains. I don't really use it to just get numbers.

How high is your torque reading?
      03-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #56
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
It depends on how accurate the vehicle info you plug in is, how much wheelspin and how flat the road is. I just use it to compare map changes, if i can consistantly see 10whp deltas than i have more than just the butt dyno to confirm gains. I don't really use it to just get numbers.

How high is your torque reading?
I've taken several logs and it's usually around 425-450...my latest log read 500, though lol. ... I'm in Dallas, so we have some great flat roads with no cops around at night.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #57
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I've taken several logs and it's usually around 425-450...my latest log read 500, though lol. ... I'm in Dallas, so we have some great flat roads with no cops around at night.
If you're FBO and tuned for an e40 mix +450rwtq is probably about right.
      03-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #58
Ænema
Captain
Rep

A P29CF is a misfire in cylinder 3. Check the misfire sticky at the top of the first page
      03-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #59
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwater View Post
Install the stg 1 LT aggr MAP, using Octane 93 from Shell V power. No mods on the car. E90 ZPP ZSP. did update the AP manager with latest Maps.

Did saw a code thrown P29CF.

AP-BMW-001 v1.6.5.0-5527
Serial: 2702 (INSTALLED)
Vehicle: BMW N54 (I8A0S)

Attaching few log files no idea what they really mean.
did export to Virtual dyno for graph, last 2 files shows the data but no graph.
One of the file may be first one has the code thrown.

Any Experts can tell whats going on ??

Thanks.
All of the datalogs were of normal driving, need to get a log from a pull.
      03-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #60
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Do a 3rd gear pull (gas pedal all the way down)starting at about 2500rpms and go to about 6500rpms. With an auto it's a little tricky to go wide open throttle without forcing a downshift, so it may take a little practice to get used to not hitting the kickdown switch.

As far as starting the log, that's not a glitch. That's the way it's supposed to work.
      03-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #61
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
will do that on Saturday and post some results.
so basically should be driving at 2500 rpm and then push the pedal to
the floor till it hits 6500rpms. and then stop logging
should I use default log list or add anything more.

I may have to use pedal shifter to make sure I am in 3rd gear or M3
yep, you've got it. Leave it at the default logging list.
      03-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #62
dallas_jeff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm not an expert at reading logs, and it's hard to tell tons since you couldn't do a full 3rd gear pull, but it looks like you're running very lean.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #63
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Attaching 1 zip file containing 2 log files.

datalog7 was the first run and it also fired the code P29CF during the run, so that's why cant hit the red line the way i wanted.

datalog8 was the run after and with Service engine light ON so cant push it much higher either..

not sure why Cylinder 3 firing the codes. Have New plugs like 12k miles on them.
You'll need to get the cylinder 3 misfire fixed before you can gather any useful any data. Follow the guidelines in the misfire sticky, however if the misfire is ALWAYS in cylinder 3 then you can probably assume that it's either plug or coil.
      03-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #64
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I uninstall the AP and back to stock settings and all the codes disappeared.
Drive the car and no codes fired did floor the pedal few times everything looks fine. So some how they getting fired when at stg 1 LT aggressive.
Yeah, that's semi-normal beahavior. When making a lot more power the weakened plug/coil/injector is pushed past it's limit.
      03-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #65
Nonecure
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

I have the Cobb Stg 1 Aggressive on 93 octane pump gas. The car pulls strong, but seems to get out of breath at higher rpm's. I installed new BMS DCS intake, but it didn't make a difference. I collected some data logs from the Cobb, but I really don't know what I'm looking at. Can someone please tell me if they look normal or if something is wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Datalog13.txt (12.0 KB, 275 views)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #66
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonecure View Post
I have the Cobb Stg 1 Aggressive on 93 octane pump gas. The car pulls strong, but seems to get out of breath at higher rpm's. I installed new BMS DCS intake, but it didn't make a difference. I collected some data logs from the Cobb, but I really don't know what I'm looking at. Can someone please tell me if they look normal or if something is wrong?
Your log looks fine. The car feels like it it's falling off in power because it is. The turbos can't sustain boost that high in the RPMs, even less so with the stock IC and DPs.