E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Scottsdale SA

02-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
azbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: rickshaw

Scottsdale SA

Any recommendations on a good service advisor at BMW North Scottsdale?

I've had good ones in the past that I built working relationships with over the years. Unfortunately they left the dealership. My current one is not good.

I'd like to stick with the dealership since I have an ext warranty with them & I live very close. I'm just not feeling the level of service I was used to with my previous SAs so I would like to try someone new. Of course if the new SA is as bad as the current one I will look to Chapman for future service. Thanks for the recomendations.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
soulja620
Cpl D
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

If you go to chapman, my guy is Patrick Burchell...

I've only had one SA but he's pretty good imo
      02-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbmw View Post

I've had good ones in the past that I built working relationships with over the years. Unfortunately they left the dealership. My current one is not good.

I'd like to stick with the dealership since I have an ext warranty with them & I live very close. I'm just not feeling the level of service I was used to with my previous SAs so I would like to try someone new. Of course if the new SA is as bad as the current one I will look to Chapman for future service. Thanks for the recomendations.
What did you need? I know everyone there.

(I work for Penske)
      02-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
azbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: rickshaw

I'm looking for a service advisor that remembers me when I have an appointment and I come into the dealership after just getting off the phone with him 20 minutes earlier. A service advisor that comes out when he makes eye contact through the window & sees me waiting for 20 minutes on the service drive without then saying 'Are you waiting for me'. All of this after having 3 valets go in to tell him a customer (pointing to me) is waiting. One that may remember me when I am picking up my car from service later the same afternoon. Seriously, each time I have to introduce myself to him and remind him I am his customer. My other SAs remembered me and would go out of their way to help me. Maybe because I used to bring them bottles of wine as a thank you gifts when they would do something above & beyond.

After buying the car at the dealership, buying a tire warranty, buying the extended warranty and buying many accessories, it would be nice if the service advisor would give a little break on something (as previous SAs would do). Does the dealership think they will get return business by milking a customer dry at retail price again & again? Unless something changes my next car will not be bought there solely based on my recent experiences.

Also, I'd like a service advisor that is willing to look into complaints. For example, nearing the end of my warranty I brought up concerns about some wearing parts. The immediate answer was I was too close to the end of the warranty to look into that. Forgive me for thinking my warranty was 4 years 50,000 miles not 3.7 years and 17,000 miles. To not even entertain the idea I may have a claim is unacceptable & I'm guessing pure laziness on the SA's part. Is it too much to want an SA that's willing to put in a little work for me?

All that can be summed up by wanting to know if there are any great SAs left and if so who are they?

Sorry about my venting. I'm not looking to get any SA in trouble which is why he remains unnamed. I'd just like to find a great SA at that dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Sending you a PM
      02-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Joe21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Last edited by Joe21; 05-24-2011 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Ridonculous
1 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbmw View Post

Not sure if you had already have a new one yet, but my SA is Ron Davis at BMW North Scottsdale. He's great guy with great service and loves to talk about BMWs. He even provided me with his personal cell phone in case my car has an issue and he's out of the shop or not working that day.

I've purchased two bimmers from BMW North Scottsdale and overall they provide good customer service in all departments, but they have had a couple bad SAs. My wife had a horrible SA for her 3er, so I had her switch to Ron.

Can't go wrong with Ron.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0