E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Construct Auto-Terrible fitment + customer service

11-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #89
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

hmmm... all im thinking about is, i did see someone post pictures of a red E90 with the Amuse Bumper and had no complaints, which leads me to believe that their could have been 2 different batches. if the buyer was aware of the problems before purchasing, then the fitment issue should not be a problem, and if the the buyer was refunded to get the bumper fitted correctly, there still shouldnt be a problem.

Secondly, I bought the Lumma M5 bumper from Construct, and its sitting in my garage to get painted next week, I hope I dont have to deal with the same problems. Ive already seen pics of someone who has it installed so hopefully mine will install the same way.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #90
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
^Construct did mention that they had a bad batch from their supplier, and that they got that fixed. It's just that they had some of the poor fitment bumpers still sitting there. That's why they were willing to sell it for cheaper to customers under their consent (in which i'm not sure if carlucci knew about this one..)

As for your M5 bumper, I would go ahead and fit that onto your car before you even bother painting it.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #91
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
^Construct did mention that they had a bad batch from their supplier, and that they got that fixed. It's just that they had some of the poor fitment bumpers still sitting there. That's why they were willing to sell it for cheaper to customers under their consent (in which i'm not sure if carlucci knew about this one..)

As for your M5 bumper, I would go ahead and fit that onto your car before you even bother painting it.

sorry for the interuption made by my critic and comments.and can you describe the fittment problems?from what i read on the "jcarlucci1"thread complaining about the grill and the lower part issues. from my point of view,its not a fittment problems.a fittment problems is a bumper which cannot be install on the car then its a fittment problems.

but again if its a small little issues like installing the kidney grill then its not about the fittment issues.probably u can ask the bodyshop to re drill it and install it again...and as for the lower bottom part,the bodyshop can just adding some polymer or fiberglass meth to make it long.
main point is lets said 90% the bumper sits fine and the only 10% is just the kidney grill installing issues and the lower bottom parts.i think its fair!!

again Im not siding to any of you but this is just my comments and critics.no hard feelings..lets make it common sense
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #92
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep

Garage List
^you have a good point too haha
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #93
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig28 View Post
but again if its a small little issues like installing the kidney grill then its not about the fittment issues.probably u can ask the bodyshop to re drill it and install it again...and as for the lower bottom part,the bodyshop can just adding some polymer or fiberglass meth to make it long.
main point is lets said 90% the bumper sits fine and the only 10% is just the kidney grill installing issues and the lower bottom parts.i think its fair!
BINGO! He said it looks completely perfect from the angle 10000% of everyone else see's it from. Have you guys ever heard of the guy called benheck? he modifies xbox 360's and ps3's into tiny little boxes... if you ever looked on the inside of those things, they ain't pretty. But is that really the point of a custom job? No!

http://showcase.benheck.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #94
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

wow, sorry to hear man

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #95
Paranoia
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

You guys are missing the issue(s). Please learn to read... -- mig28 you are forgiven because it does not appear English is your primary language.

The main issue of "Construct Auto-Terrible Fitment + Customer Service" (taken directly verbatim from the thread title) has three subissues:
  1. Huge gap beneath vehicle between bumper and undershield.
  2. Poor fitment aligning fenders with bumper.
  3. No prior notice from vendor regarding poor fitment before buyer's purchase.

Sub-Issue 1 - Huge gap beneath vehicle between bumper and undershield.
Other members argue one cannot reasonably expect aftermarket parts to fit well. Buyer argues no Vendor should reasonably sell a bumper with such egregious fitment issues wherein the bumper cannot even be properly installed, let alone "100% guaranteed fitment" as advertised by the vendor. Vendor argues the advertisement was for a different product separate from Buyer's bumper.

Vendor argues he gave buyer additional consideration of discounted price, and thus inherently dismisses and holds harmless any fitment issues or complaints. Buyer argues no discount could exist if everyone else who purchased the bumper paid the same price.

Sub-Issue 2 - Poor fitment aligning fenders with bumper.
Buyer argues fenders do not align without significant modification, leaving bumper unmodified would make Buyer's vehicle look like a cheap Honda. Other members argue one cannot reasonably expect aftermarket parts to fit well like OEM parts do.

Vendor argues he gave buyer additional consideration of discounted price, and thus inherently dismisses and holds harmless any fitment issues or complaints. Buyer argues no discount could exist if everyone else who purchased the bumper paid the same price.

Sub-Issue 3 - No prior notice from vendor regarding poor fitment before buyer's purchase.
Buyer argues there was no notice from vendor that bumper did not fit correctly. Vendor argues he gave buyer notice via PM prior to purchase.

Vendor argues he gave buyer further discount of $100 post-purchase to resolve issue of fitment and that Buyer accepted this offer, thus the issue should be resolved. Buyer argues Vendor initiated refund, but the actual funds have not been received.

Vendor argues the simple fact of providing a discount inherently suggests a hold harmless regarding fitment. Buyer argues this is a ridiculous standard to any reasonable buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig28 View Post
sorry for the interuption made by my critic and comments.and can you describe the fittment problems?from what i read on the "jcarlucci1"thread complaining about the grill and the lower part issues. from my point of view,its not a fittment problems.a fittment problems is a bumper which cannot be install on the car then its a fittment problems.

main point is lets said 90% the bumper sits fine and the only 10% is just the kidney grill installing issues and the lower bottom parts.i think its fair!!

again Im not siding to any of you but this is just my comments and critics.no hard feelings..lets make it common sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
BINGO! He said it looks completely perfect from the angle 10000% of everyone else see's it from. Have you guys ever heard of the guy called benheck? he modifies xbox 360's and ps3's into tiny little boxes... if you ever looked on the inside of those things, they ain't pretty. But is that really the point of a custom job? No!

http://showcase.benheck.com/
^Ben Heck custom modifies console accessories for the exclusive clientele or war veterans. If you really wish to draw an analogy between this vendor and Ben Heck, please address why Ben Heck does not market his product to the masses. Also it seems your argument is that everyone likes sausages but no one wants to know how it is made. Please take another look at the huge gap beneath the vehicle between the undershield and bumper. Does that look like a well-made sausage to you?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #96
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

These things are all true..and yes, significant bodywork was also done to make sure the bumper aligned with the fender correctly..hence the reason it cost me $800 to get it painted and installed. And it still definitely isnt perfect.
And if constructauto did notify me of the terrible fitment, does anyone really think I would have bought this bumper? Peter's main argument is that he told me the bumper did not fit correctly, but where is his proof? He only told me that the holes needed to be drilled. I also did receive the $100 refund on my credit card yesterday..although that in no way makes up for the poor fitting bumper I was scammed into buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
You guys are missing the issue(s). Please learn to read... -- mig28 you are forgiven because it does not appear English is your primary language.

The main issue of "Construct Auto-Terrible Fitment + Customer Service" (taken directly verbatim from the thread title) has three subissues:

Other members argue one cannot reasonably expect aftermarket parts to fit well. Buyer argues no Vendor should reasonably sell a bumper with such egregious fitment issues wherein the bumper cannot even be properly installed, let alone "100% guaranteed fitment" as advertised by the vendor. Vendor argues the advertisement was for a different product separate from Buyer's bumper.

Buyer argues fenders do not align without significant modification, leaving bumper unmodified would make Buyer's vehicle look like a cheap Honda. Other members argue one cannot reasonably expect aftermarket parts to fit well like OEM parts do.

Sub-Issue 3 - No prior notice from vendor regarding poor fitment before buyer's purchase.
Buyer argues there was no notice from vendor that bumper did not fit correctly. Vendor argues he gave buyer notice via PM prior to purchase.

Vendor argues he gave buyer further discount of $100 post-purchase to resolve issue of fitment and that Buyer accepted this offer, thus the issue should be resolved. Buyer argues Vendor initiated refund, but the actual funds have not been received.

Vendor argues the simple fact of providing a discount inherently suggests a hold harmless regarding fitment. Buyer argues this is a ridiculous standard to any reasonable buyer.

^Ben Heck custom modifies console accessories for the exclusive clientele or war veterans. If you really wish to draw an analogy between this vendor and Ben Heck, please address why Ben Heck does not market his product to the masses. Also it seems your argument is that everyone likes sausages but no one wants to know how it is made. Please take another look at the huge gap beneath the vehicle between the undershield and bumper. Does that look like a well-made sausage to you?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #97
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
Guilty.
Fast forward a bit, during Bimmerfest Execstudio sponsored EOE90 with the prototype bumper.
i cant really comment , but buying anything non OEM is a pain in the ass, its one thing to buy grills and possibly a lip but just be weary of all the drama and unnecessary extra work comes through trying to fit outsourced parts. OP try to work something out and take this as a lesson, you usually end up losing time and money in the end that could have easily been avoided, i hope to see your car in pristine condition some time soon.

A
      11-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #98
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I have learned my lesson, believe me. I will never modify a car this extensively again, its just not worth all the money and headaches. Nothing ever fits right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOE90 View Post
i cant really comment , but buying anything non OEM is a pain in the ass, its one thing to buy grills and possibly a lip but just be weary of all the drama and unnecessary extra work comes through trying to fit outsourced parts. OP try to work something out and take this as a lesson, you usually end up losing time and money in the end that could have easily been avoided, i hope to see your car in pristine condition some time soon.

A
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #99
Paranoia
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlucci1 View Post
These things are all true..and yes, significant bodywork was also done to make sure the bumper aligned with the fender correctly..hence the reason it cost me $800 to get it painted and installed. And it still definitely isnt perfect.
And if constructauto did notify me of the terrible fitment, does anyone really think I would have bought this bumper? Peter's main argument is that he told me the bumper did not fit correctly, but where is his proof? He only told me that the holes needed to be drilled. I also did receive the $100 refund on my credit card yesterday..although that in no way makes up for the poor fitting bumper I was scammed into buying.
Oh I definitely agree with you, but I just wanted to lay out the arguments on all sides. As you can see there is a lot of he said she said and no proof to back up those statements!

Vendor seems to put a blanket argument to resolve multiple issues...like drying a pool of water with one paper towel
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #100
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post

I don't like sausage

All in all, you shouldn't have accepted his money and continued to demand a refund. Taking the money then still coming here is a little tacky imo. If you really tried I would think he'd give you one.. I dunno tho, I wasn't part of the conversation. I hope it turns out ok for you either way.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #101
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Are you even reading my posts? I never wanted money, I wanted what I paid for, which is a bumper that fits correctly. I cant even get the damn kidney grills to fit because the cutout in the bumper is too small. I had to cut them down and superglue them in..just another thing that was not mentioned to me.

Quote:
I don't like sausage

All in all, you shouldn't have accepted his money and continued to demand a refund. Taking the money then still coming here is a little tacky imo. If you really tried I would think he'd give you one.. I dunno tho, I wasn't part of the conversation. I hope it turns out ok for you either way.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #102
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlucci1 View Post
Are you even reading my posts? I never wanted money, I wanted what I paid for, which is a bumper that fits correctly. I cant even get the damn kidney grills to fit because the cutout in the bumper is too small. I had to cut them down and superglue them in..just another thing that was not mentioned to me.
Technically, you paid for a bumper that doesn't fit well on the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #103
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Technically, you paid for a bumper that doesn't fit well on the bottom.

the mother fucking vendor admitted to selling a defective product!! are we all reading the same thread?
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #104
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
the mother fucking vendor admitted to selling a defective product!! are we all reading the same thread?
it was good to know you
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #105
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Haha..I dont think klipseraser even reads the thread..he just throws in useless comments every now and then

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #106
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
lol

what is the square root of -4?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #107
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
it was good to know you

lololol thats exactly what i was thinking as i was posting it haha
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #108
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep

Garage List
ok get back on topic.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #109
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
ok get back on topic.
we never got off topic. if anything i got us back to the point that matters most. should i repeat myself? maybe with a font size of 14 instead of just 7?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #110
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

My advice to the OP. Take this as a learning experience and go OEM or a authentic aftermarket vendor such as Vorsteiner, Amuse, etc etc. Not "Vorsteiner style CSL trunk" or "Amuse Style front bumper". Gotta pay to play.

With $1400, you could've had a full OEM mtech front and maybe even sides painted/installed with perfect fitmet.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0