E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E93 2010 - ABS, handbrake, TC and red service/ramp lights on

04-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #1
M2RTY
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e46, e93 + f23 M sport verts!

E93 2010 - ABS, handbrake, TC and red service/ramp lights on

Sorry for the long post...typical this happens on a long bank holiday weekend!

I have a 2010 e93 320d Msport convertible, car is current 4 years and 4 days old since first registration, on original battery, had a brand new set of 19" 313s fitted in Feb. Car drives fine, sometimes I get a yellow "car on ramp" symbol when I unlock it but it goes off by the time I sit in the drivers seat. I changed the service date on the display last week when it passed its MOT from 04/2014 to 04/2015 (these might be important changes...keep reading!)

Yesterday i put the roof down and made 5-6 short trips round town, car was then parked with the roof down and locked for 5 hours on my driveway. I started the car up to go into town, and noticed the yellow ABS light, red handbrake light and yellow TC light were on and a red "car on ramp" symbol was on the dash before I even put the keys in the ignition. I thought I best put the car in my garage to see whats up, so i put the roof up, the boot lid opened, and thats as much as it would do. It wouldn't go up or down, tried several times, so i parked it up and left it for an hour. I noticed the time was --/-- on the display and the service information was blank too which seemed odd.

Tried again an hour later using my keyfob this time and roof opened fully again (boot lid shut). I then opened the boot by hand and had a look at the sensors inside - everything looked ok. I tried to close the roof off the key fob and it closed first time, it did squeak a bit and maybe needs some oil on the joints as I have not done this as yet this year.

Started car again and the lights were still on the dashboard. I did however have my clock and service information back. The car is fitted with a smarttop controller which is how i for the roof closed off the key, i disabled this from the hidden menu to make sure it was not causing the issues but it seems to have not made any difference.

Out of coincidence i read the fault codes in the memory with INPA 2 weeks ago but did not clear these, the fault codes in memory here (before any problems) were:

DME/DDE
4737 21 (Power management closed-circuit current violation)

KOMBI
E107 24

I then read the codes last night after my problems and these were stored:

DME/DDE
4737 21
4C18 21
4993 21
497F 21
4AB8 21
4BF8 21
49A3 21
4C82 21

DCS
D358 24
D359 24

DWA
D947 20

KOMBI
A3B6 20
E107 64

KLIMA
E715 24
E728 24
E716 24
E719 24
E727 24

I tried to clear them but it shows an error on 2 but seemed to clear them anyway:

29 DSC ERROR_ECU_REQUEST_CORRECTLY_RECEIVED__REAPONSE_PEN DING
56 FZD ERROR_ECU_REQUEST_CORRECTLY_RECEIVED__REAPONSE_PEN DING

And now the only error stored is one of the original ones:

KOMBI
E107 64

I cant seem to check the battery condition/volts as the hidden menu fails to load as it has the car on ramps symbol on. I could test with a multimeter later on?

Tyre pressures are ok
Wheels are aligned (but steering wheel has always been a couple of degrees off centre)
Engine bay looks ok
DCS works ok
Stop/start works ok
Basically to drive it seems fine which is annoying!

Car dives fine, But not tested roof since the initial problem just in case it wont go back up!

Ps - im 99% sure the boot didnt open off the button once or twice and when you put all 4 windows up the drivers one fell back down half way - unsure if these are related?

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Regards

Martyn
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 05:45 AM   #2
M2RTY
United Kingdom
Rep

Ps - I've read a few of these threads but nothing quite the same as mine, seems it could be abs sensor, hub, wheel alignment, tyre pressure, pump, control unit etc... But i think any of these wouldnt have an impact on the fact the roof failed

I'm thinking battery for some reason, its 4 year old and gets hammered by the smarttop controller (roof goes up/down a lot without engine running) and the fact the date/time disappeared

But i drive the car 40 miles to/from work every day and it seems 100% perfect in the 15 months ive owned it! Fingers crossed its something simple (i.e cheap!)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
frenchi
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M Performance

Seems to be a battery problem but did you try to reset anti-trap on all windows as this is related to open/clope the top on all
E93.
Use the "all" windows switch and turn it all the way up, and hold the button up for 30sec.
Put the window all the way down, and hold the down button for 30sec.

Hope this help
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
M2RTY
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers i tried each one on its own to reset but not the "all" one! Typical...

Battery reads 12.5v (old reader with a needle so thats a guess to nearest .5)

Car dongs when shutting boot and bonnet too - and displays ramp icon

Might buy a new battery monday as the 1st port of call... Cheers!!
Appreciate 0