E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede help - shaking on WOT

02-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
jetblackcoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT

Procede help - shaking on WOT

i have the procede v5 and i'm having a misfire issue that only happens on map 1 or 2. When i go WOT in any gear (i usually try it in 2nd), after a few seconds SES light flashes and car shakes hard when i give gas. It doesn't go away until I pull over and stop and restart the car. on map 0, i can go WOT in any gear with no sign of a problem.. so i think it's caused by the tune and not by something in my car (not sure, I'm inexperienced with this) i have tune dci and downpipes.. I haven't installed the USB through the glove yet, so I can't read codes but does anyone have experience with this? any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

You need to read the codes...Plain and simple for us to help you here..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
jetblackcoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
You need to read the codes...Plain and simple for us to help you here..
Yeah I figured, I just don't know if ill get a chance in the next few days or not .. So maybe someone who has seen this situation before would have some idea.. If not ill just wait until I read codes

Btw, does the procede just store the codes no matter what? So all I have to do is plug in the USB to my laptop and read them? Or do I have to replicate the situation again?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
TenshiWingusu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblackcoupe View Post
Yeah I figured, I just don't know if ill get a chance in the next few days or not .. So maybe someone who has seen this situation before would have some idea.. If not ill just wait until I read codes

Btw, does the procede just store the codes no matter what? So all I have to do is plug in the USB to my laptop and read them? Or do I have to replicate the situation again?
Once you get the cable in turn CANclear off and it will keep the codes for you to read later. I had a similar problem on a PROcede install that I did where one of the connectors into the ECU was not seated into the guide all the way but it sounds like your car has run fine before??
      02-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Garrett@Vishnu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblackcoupe View Post
i have the procede v5 and i'm having a misfire issue that only happens on map 1 or 2. When i go WOT in any gear (i usually try it in 2nd), after a few seconds SES light flashes and car shakes hard when i give gas. It doesn't go away until I pull over and stop and restart the car. on map 0, i can go WOT in any gear with no sign of a problem.. so i think it's caused by the tune and not by something in my car (not sure, I'm inexperienced with this) i have tune dci and downpipes.. I haven't installed the USB through the glove yet, so I can't read codes but does anyone have experience with this? any ideas?
you can simply guide the usb out of the hood and into the passenger door for temporary use, if you can run a datalog with the default channels including "CAN DME Codes" we can provide some feedback.
Appreciate 0