E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > "Excellent Condition"

11-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
"Excellent Condition"

Just been to have a look at an MGB GT described as excellent, the old man lifted the cover and I was astounded, from the front it was excellent, mint! o/s was also in great condition, back was just like it came out of show room.

N/S rear wing though, looked like it had at some point of it's life had a massive scrape, badly filled in then badly sprayed, terrible, really ruined the car

It started first go and sounded lovely but he was asking top price for something that wasn't worth it and was not open to offer.

Yet another car in "excellent condition" that was not as described.

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

But could it not be fixed up at a reasonable cost ? ,I dont wish to be funny but mg panel gaps etc were never that great ,seams a small repair if the rest was in good condition
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
But could it not be fixed up at a reasonable cost ? ,I dont wish to be funny but mg panel gaps etc were never that great ,seams a small repair if the rest was in good condition
No not panel gaps, the n/s rear quater had a very bad repair, the car was advertised at top price Condition 2+ price and was a Condition 2+ car apart from this panel which was a Condition 4 panel.

At a Condition 2/3 price I would have took it but not when he was asking a price the car was not worth, to replace the panel I've be looking at spending circa £500 to fit a new panel and paint.

Keeping in mind I don't keep my cars long and am not willing to lose money on them I could not have purchased a Condition 2/3 car for Condition 2+ money spent circa £800 on it getting the n/s rear quater right and the interior bits that needed doing, with this it would be Condition 2+ but I would have lost £800 on the car when I come to sell unless the market improves dramitically!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0