E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > BMW Airflow gloves?

10-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

BMW Airflow gloves?

Hi guys,

can the BMW Airflow gloves be used as a general winter glove for normal "street" wear and driving? It usually gets as cold as -25 C here, and I like a pair of warm gloves... I tried these on at my dealer yesterday and they felt good in terms of feel through them, not sure how warm they will be?

Anyone else have experience with wearing summer motorcycle gloves in the winter?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
http://************/2c4pa6e

Like their breezy, foot-binding brethren, BMW's AirFlow Gloves are for use in warm weather only.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
That was hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
http://************/2c4pa6e

Like their breezy, foot-binding brethren, BMW's AirFlow Gloves are for use in warm weather only.
Ya, I found that as well OFC... however, I'm assuming that since you're going rather fast on a bike, the wind around you will cool you down. To what extent, I don't know...

I'm assuming that it being a summer glove means you can ride a bike in it. I've seen people in them heavy leather jackets that you would boil in, and it's called biker's summer wear... and I jolly well think that you could wear em leather jackets in the winter, on the street... or am I wrong? That's why I'm asking...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
Ya, I found that as well OFC... however, I'm assuming that since you're going rather fast on a bike, the wind around you will cool you down. To what extent, I don't know...

I'm assuming that it being a summer glove means you can ride a bike in it. I've seen people in them heavy leather jackets that you would boil in, and it's called biker's summer wear... and I jolly well think that you could wear em leather jackets in the winter, on the street... or am I wrong? That's why I'm asking...
Well drive your car in mid summer and stick your hand out the window. Is it cold just because you are moving? No.

I would assume this glove has limited insulation making them not very warm just to wear in the winter.

Also a lot of people wear their leather in the summer not because it's overly comfortable but because it could keep your body from getting beat up if you have to drop the bike. Plus you're comparing leather against some slim breathable fabric, basically apples to oranges.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0