E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > FAQ: I drive questions from newbie

06-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
skimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 vert Dinan II

FAQ: I drive questions from newbie

there is lots of good info on this thread, but I have been having a hard time searchin. i was hoping someone could point me to quick answers to these short quesitons. Hopefully these questions will become a good FAQ for other new users.

1) How do I reboot the idrive? (without shutting down the car?)
2) How can i tell what progman version I have? What excuse could I tell me dealership for getting the latest?
3) Inputing destinations is a nightmare. I select new catagory and go through a zillion sub catagories then type it in then do a search. I never get the right catagories. Is this the only way to enter a new destination? (if i dont know addres?) Am i doing this correct?
4) My when I syn my phone, the "missed called" "redial numbers" list do not show calls I missed on my phone, rather calls i missed WHILE I was in the car...is this correct?
5) I have a 2007.2 nav dvd. Silly question, where can i buy the new one? Searched bmwusa for ever! If its cheap, i prefer to buy original than burn one...

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2008, 03:52 AM   #2
rob72
/dev/random
Rep
Drives: .

1) press the volume button and both of the CD/DVD drive eject buttons simultaneously
2) In short, you cannot, only the dealer can tell you the exact version you have
3) If you have a recent progman version you can search INSIDE categories, a cross category search does not exist
4) no idea, I do not have the BMW phone function
5) try your dealer, or ebay or something OR....

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
me92
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimo View Post
4) My when I syn my phone, the "missed called" "redial numbers" list do not show calls I missed on my phone, rather calls i missed WHILE I was in the car...is this correct?
5) I have a 2007.2 nav dvd. Silly question, where can i buy the new one? Searched bmwusa for ever! If its cheap, i prefer to buy original than burn one...

Thanks in advance

4 / correct.. all the call logs are ONLY when you're in the car.. and is not the same as your phone's call log.,

5 / u can find the torrent and burn yourself a 2008.1 NA DVD
Appreciate 0